Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 24: June 2012-April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks scrunched up in the second picture, poor thing.
In the first pic, are we to take it that the Queen had a name plate?:lol:
I think the visit was a lovely way to round off the Jubilee year- and what a gift to have part of the world named after you - it can't get much better than that.

As if she has not shown over her 60 year rule, that she can be trusted with a secret or two...

"Prof Barker said: ‘It muddies the waters. It will mean potentially the Queen will know things she is not supposed to know and hear things she is not supposed to hear." -DM

And as if politicians begin babbling awkward secrets the moment they are around the Queen. :bang:

Can the broadcast be seen here in the US? I don't get BBC America.

http://m.youtube.com/user/theroyalchannel

If you can't get it anywhere else then it will almost certainly go up pretty quickly on the official royal YouTube channel, I think the NBC news website normal puts it up almost as soon as its broadcast as well.

Is that the only site? I've tried that site, tried downloading the player. Unfortunately it brought with it a lot of unwanted spam and add ons and messed up my computer.
tommy100 already posted a link to the Royal Channel where you will be able to view the Queen's Christmas Speech live.
The broadcast will begin at 3pm (British time) on Christmas Day.

:previous:

The Queen looks cool, doesn't she? :cool:

Last edited:
Yes, she does, and she certainly knows how to keep the monarchy in touch and up to date with all the latest innovations and technology. Good on her!

She's definitely a role model for females that aspire to be a Bond girl. ::D:

Artemisia said:
:previous:

The Queen looks cool, doesn't she? :cool:

She certainly does! She also looks very stylish in those 3D glasses- HM has always been my favourite monarch. :) :cool:

I wonder how The Mail can actually get away with their list.

Obviously they have had their own person do this list but Charles' figures simply don't add up - according to Mr O'Donovan Charles did 592 to Anne's 566 while The Mail has Anne at 572 and Charles at 556 - quite a difference for Charles. I had Charles at 681 and Anne 563 for comparison.

Now I know I am not perfect but I simply don't see how they can have Charles lower than Anne - unless it is simply to suggest that Charles does less than his sister.

There is no 'official' list but BP does refer questions on this issue to Mr O'Donovan so his list is the closest to an 'official' calculation. In the past the DM have actually used Mr O'Donovan's list and that is the list they are using for the 2011 totals.

They have Andrew at 417 compared to Mr O'Donovan's 436 and my 452

They have Harry at 71 (the same as I had but 10 more than Mr O'Donovan) and Kate at 122 (I had her at 124 and Mr O'Donovan at 111). I also notice that they have some sort of disclaimer suggesting that Kate's 122 is since her marriage but I don't think that is right - the 34 for 2011 was from her marriage to the end of 2011 and the 100+ was in 2012.

It clearly shows that different people interpret what is an engagement differently. Maybe the time has come for the RF to do their own 'official' count to get the accuracy out there - it was that sort of thing that prompted the CC in the first place - accuracy of reporting so if people are going to analyse the CC and come up with lists then maybe the Palace needs to have someone do it and put that out as the official count.

Last edited:
I did not realise that there is no official list. That's some serious royal watching for you to keep track like that. Thanks for keeping us informed. Too many people think the BRF just sits around and lives on tax money.

Mr O'Donovan realised in about 1979 that there was no official list and for interest decided to keep the records for a year, sent a letter to The Times and has done so every year since. His figures have become the unofficial figures ever since.

I decided a year ago that it would be fun to keep the count for the Jubilee Year and then decided one day back in March to make a post about it. My posts have been well received and I have been asked by half a dozen or so people to continue to do so in 2013 and I enjoyed doing it and intended to do it for my own enjoyment so will continue to post (unless the moderators ask my not to do so).

It seems that rather than just use the figures Mr O'Donovan has produced for the last 30+ years and that most papers use the DM has done their own figures this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom