Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 24: June 2012-April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh the things that happen:lol::lol::lol: to this thread when we don't see Her Majesty for a few days...:lol::lol::lol:

Queen Elizabeth has visited the Royal British Legion Poppy Factory in Richmond, Surrey, today, November 7, 2012, to mark its 90th anniversary**

She clearly enjoyed this visit a lot. What a Beautiful smile!

The Queen had a go at making her own paper remembrance poppy on the visit today.

:previous:
Indeed she did.
Here is the picture of the poppy the Queen assembled during the visit.

Last edited:
A lovely little curtsey from the German president's partner.

HM was looking smashing, particularly in Pic 4 of iceflower's post.

Ah. The President of Germany gets her ungloved hand.

Queen Elizabeth during an Investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace on November 9, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

HM was looking smashing, particularly in Pic 4 of iceflower's post.

I'm not really happy that our president brought his partner with him to London. He is, after all, still married to his wife and does not yet seek a divorce from her in order to make Ms. Schadt his spouse. Even though he and Ms. Schadt have been a couple for a long time, it still seems to make the question of who the German "First Lady" is a bit arbitrarily. As a protestant minister, our president should realise that this kind of relationship might anger HM. :ermm:

I'm not really happy that our president brought his partner with him to London. He is, after all, still married to his wife and does not yet seek a divorce from her in order to make Ms. Schadt his spouse. Even though he and Ms. Schadt have been a couple for a long time, it still seems to make the question of who the German "First Lady" is a bit arbitrarily. As a protestant minister, our president should realise that this kind of relationship might anger HM. :ermm:

I would be surprised if HM was angered by the situation. Amused probably, angered, unlikely.

muriel said:
I would be surprised if HM was angered by the situation. Amused probably, angered, unlikely.

I think HM is more tolerant of situations like this with her years of experience. However I do think there was a briefing error on where the woman would stand in the picture. Pic 5 looked a bit odd with HM on the end. She and the chancellor should have been in the middle.

The Thai Prime Minister beat the German President's partner's curtsey later yesterday. I suppose it's normal for her, given how the Thai King is venerated, but she really gave it her all:

Queen Elizabeth II Pictures - Queen Elizabeth II Holds Private Audience With Thai Prime Minister - Zimbio

Dman, thanks for that link. HM is like a ray of sunshine:

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/dXxQ...l+Commonwealth/beugzsjxXWC/Queen+Elizabeth+II

Someone needs to stop me. Last night hosting a reception for winners of The Queen's Award for Enterprise:

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/2nWX...on+Queen+Award/WaIL0spmiAZ/Queen+Elizabeth+II

Last edited:

But she has acted as First Lady all the time since he became President. Also at the State Visit from the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess of Luxemburg to Germany earlier this year. And also when they made an official Visit to Sweden and had lunch with the Royal Family there.

Royal Videos:
The Queen has visited the Royal Commonwealth Society and was presented with a tablet which contains the stories and memories of more than fourty thousand people during the sixty years of her reign.
Home - ITNSource News

EIIR said:

Indeed, I love that curtsy in picture 2. I sometimes practice in front of my full-length mirror in my bedroom, because you never know! Someday, whenever I have children, I will teach them to bow and curtsy as soon as they can stand unaided.

Yesterday, November 14, Queen Elizabeth received the Ambassador from Poland Mr Witold Sobkow and the High Commissioner for Samoa Fatumanava Dr. Pa'olelei Luteru for private audiences at Buckingham Palace.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

But she has acted as First Lady all the time since he became President. Also at the State Visit from the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess of Luxemburg to Germany earlier this year. And also when they made an official Visit to Sweden and had lunch with the Royal Family there.

Yes, I know. But that she acts on behalf of the Federal Republic as our First Lady doesn't make the situation any better in my humble opinion. Call me old-fashioned but she is only his mistress and he has a still very wedded wife. I like them both, mind, but their private situation should not be forced in the name of our state which they represent, on other countries who might have different and less modern ideas of marriage.

Given the marital difficulties of the Queen's sister and 3 of her children, I doubt very much that the Queen would have any problem with the German president's decision to bring his partner to meet her. In addition, HM is far too polite to create any fuss over it.

Yes, I know. But that she acts on behalf of the Federal Republic as our First Lady doesn't make the situation any better in my humble opinion. Call me old-fashioned but she is only his mistress and he has a still very wedded wife. I like them both, mind, but their private situation should not be forced in the name of our state which they represent, on other countries who might have different and less modern ideas of marriage.

Ture i share your views in this case. Especially as Gauck was a protestant Pastor earlier and i think it is not in the sense of the Church to life with another woman, whilst married to another.

Given the marital difficulties of the Queen's sister and 3 of her children, I doubt very much that the Queen would have any problem with the German president's decision to bring his partner to meet her. In addition, HM is far too polite to create any fuss over it.

Of course she wouldn't ever create any fuss about it and certainly we don't know what she thinks about this. But even though she must have been quite displeased with Diana (not least over the "Panorama"-interview) she still honoured her son's former wife enough to allow her a position of precedence on certain official occasions and OTOH allowed her son to marry the woman he really loved. This shows me that marriage and the clean way to deal with a possible dissolution of a marriage means something to her.

While our president represents a country that has accorded the protection of the institute of marriage and family an important rank in our constitution and made this protection a duty of the state. While our "First Man" in rank makes a joke out of said values on taking his mistress with him to formal events as "our" First Lady while the real Mrs. Gauck still exists.

Just imagine Charles, while still being married to Diana, had taken Camilla as his "partner" to a state visit to another country (like Sweden) and seen to it that Camilla would have been treated there as his "princess" when it comes to rank and precedence. Unthinkable! (Though he has been a friend of the Swedish Royal Couple for decades and surely they already knew Camilla while she was not yet married to Charles. But that's a private thing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom