Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 23: July 2011-June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. It would suit her very well.
Good work from the students!

The blue ensemble is absolutely gorgeous. It is indeed fit for a Queen, and we know that Her Majesty wears blue very, very well.

The king of cuppas: Jubilee tea from a bush planted by Prince Philip in 1954 goes on sale for £25 a cup
Tea drinking has long been a great British past time. Be it builder’s or Earl Grey, we’re all extremely partial to a nice cuppa. However if you baulk at shelling out more than 50p for a brew, then how about £25?
That’s the price per cup of The East India Company’s Jubilee Tea Blend. However, the exclusive creation boasts some extremely elevated connections. It has been harvested from a bush planted in Sri Lanka by Prince Philip as the royal couple embarked on their first world tour in 1954.

Oh man, Philip is such a dude. Honestly, you would never be bored around that man! After reading the article from today about the woman's dress, I continued to read his other infamous gaffes! That man is hilarious.

The Queen, Philip and Charles all looked great. Lovely to see them interacting, and I particularly loved the moment when they got off the barge and Philip shook hands with the man who drove (is that the right word?) it.

I am loving that the Queen's family are attending visits with her, and from another article it looks like Princess Alexandra attended the engagement later on the day.

Has Andrew or Edward done anything with them yet?

Last edited:
Oh, Phil, Phil. Even at nearly 91, you're still thinking of unzipping a young lady's dress. You are certainly healthy enough for sure!!:lol:

Oh, Phil, Phil. Even at nearly 91, you're still thinking of unzipping a young lady's dress. You are certainly healthy enough for sure!!:lol:

As my father used to say in his old age "there may be snow on the roof but there is still fire in the furnace", LOL.

:previous:That's funny, and I'm sure they have enough coal to stoke that furnace.;)

Oh man, Philip is such a dude. Honestly, you would never be bored around that man! After reading the article from today about the woman's dress, I continued to read his other infamous gaffes! That man is hilarious.

The Queen, Philip and Charles all looked great. Lovely to see them interacting, and I particularly loved the moment when they got off the barge and Philip shook hands with the man who drove (is that the right word?) it.

I am loving that the Queen's family are attending visits with her, and from another article it looks like Princess Alexandra attended the engagement later on the day.

Has Andrew or Edward done anything with them yet?

Philip is hilarious indeed :D. His gaffes would make me laugh even on the worst of days. Some people just have a way with words. Like you, I was happy to see Charles doing an engagement with his parents. It's lovely when family members recognize each other's achievement.

:D :ROFLMAO: Too true.

As my father used to say in his old age "there may be snow on the roof but there is still fire in the furnace", LOL.

Never heard that one, but I'd agree that it certainly applies in this case.

:previous:That's funny, and I'm sure they have enough coal to stoke that furnace.;)

Oh, I have no doubt that there's plenty of...fuel for the furnace. The way he looks at his wife at times says it all. There's a sort of reverence there, and it's so touching to watch. He is not just in love with his wife, but he has tremendous respect for her as well.

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, arrive at Chester Zoo as part of the Queen's tour of the North West on May 17, 2012 in Chester, England. Her Majesty also got to ride the 'Yellow Duckmarine' boat in Salthouse Dock in Liverpool, north-west England, on May 17, 2012.

- Queen Elizabeth
- Queen Elizabeth in Liverpool
- Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh

- The Queen sailing in the Yellow Duckmarine
- ... and riding in one (it's an amphibious vehicle)

- The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh at Chester Zoo
- The Queen and Prince Philip watch a dance troupe at Chester Zoo

Gallery from Getty
Gallery 1 from Daylfie
Gallery 2 from Daylife

Last edited:
It's not quite the QE2! Queen and Prince Philip look a touch out of place as they brave Mersey cruise on amphibious duck boat for Diamond Jubilee visit
The Queen today showed her taste for adventure as she tried out one of Liverpool's most popular tourist attractions - an amphibious boat that can travel on both land and water. Along with the Duke of Edinburgh, the monarch stepped gingerly on to the bright yellow duck boat, waving a shade uncertainly as it sailed off down the Mersey. If she felt out of place on board the unusual contraption, the Queen tried not to show it, smiling graciously from the window as if she were on board the QE2, rather than pootling along on what some commented looked suspiciously like a floating skip.

Queen visits zoo on Jubilee tour
The Queen has come face-to-face with a rhinoceros as her Diamond Jubilee tour continued. The encounter came as the monarch was making her first visit to Chester Zoo in Cheshire. She was accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh as part of their visit to the North West which began in Lancashire on Wednesday.

Oh, that's exactly it :wub: :D.

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, arrive at Chester Zoo as part of the Queen's tour of the North West on May 17, 2012 in Chester, England. Her Majesty also got to ride the 'Yellow Duckmarine' boat in Salthouse Dock in Liverpool, north-west England, on May 17, 2012.

- Queen Elizabeth
- Queen Elizabeth in Liverpool
- Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh

- The Queen sailing in the Yellow Duckmarine
- ... and riding in one (it's an amphibious vehicle)

- The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh at Chester Zoo
- The Queen and Prince Philip watch a dance troupe at Chester Zoo

Gallery from Getty
Gallery 1 from Daylfie
Gallery 2 from Daylife

What lovely pictures! Her Majesty and His Highness appeared to be enjoying themselves.

The day the Queen threw a tantrum and tipped a pot of ink over her own head
Throughout the Queen’s long reign there has only ever been one intimate account of her early life – written by her governess Marion Crawford in 1950 and now reissued to mark the Diamond Jubilee. In the first part of our serialisation, Crawfie, as the Queen called her, recalls her first meeting with her five-year-old charge, when her father — the future George VI — was still Duke of York...

What a wonderful story. To think that Elizabeth was a typical child other than being a princess. It seems her life was rather dull until Crawfie came into her life. What it must have been like to tend to these two naughty little girls. How fun and funny it must have been to witness the antics of these two. Princess Elizabeth and Princess Margaret fist fighting? Priceless! :)

I find it sad that the Queen and Margaret weren't given the opportunity to go to school. I know it would probably have been an exclusive fee paying school, but I get the feeling that the princesses didn't really have much interaction with children from different backgrounds, or any children at all really. They must have been so close as children.

Maybe I'm seeing only what I want to see, but even at such a young age you could see that the Queen was made for her future role. She had all the qualities you would want in a future Queen. You can clearly see why George V hoped that she would eventually end up on the throne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom