Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 23: July 2011-June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Today, May 1st, the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh visited Sherborne Abbey Green and Digby Memorial Church
Hallin, Dorset. They attended a lunch at the Rifles Regimental Museum in Wiltshire and visited Salisbury Cathedral
also in Wiltshire.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Joy about the corgis 1 ** Joy about the corgis 2 **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Queen Elizabeth II Accompanied By The Duke Of Edinburgh Visits The South West **

** dailymail: Nice hat, Ma'am! Queen recycles another favourite outfit as she dons bright pink headgear for Mad Hatters tea party **

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziWfM13jcNU

Last edited:
The glee on HM's face as she sees the corgis is just glorious!

Her Majesty's sympathy for schoolgirl, 8, who wrote letter to the Queen after she was refused a place at her chosen school
When education bosses refused to let her study at a school where she felt safe and happy, obsessive compulsive disorder sufferer Jessica Compston appeared to have run out of options. But the eight-year-old had other ideas and appealed to a higher authority - the Queen. In her best handwriting, she complained that the ‘government arent letting me go to Littele Thetford Primery School’, adding the ruling defied her doctor’s recommendation.

The letter this little girl received from the Queen is very interesting indeed. It basically explains that as a constitutional monarch she must act on the advice of her MPs and so has sent the letter to the relevant MP! Presumably said MP will now be required to advise Her Majesty what he intends to do about the problem that the little girl faces!

The glee on HM's face as she sees the corgis is just glorious!

I agree completely. Her smile is positively infectious.

I'm glad that the little girl wanted to take action, and asked for help, even if Her Majesty couldn't directly help her. Hopefully now, after the matter has been brought to the attention of the appropriate person, the case will get resolved to the satisfaction of all.

Another day packed with several events:

The Queen accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh today, May 2nd, officially opened the Forum, Streatham
Campus, Exeter University, visited Ninesprings Country Park, Yeovil as well as Crewkerne Town Hall in Somerset.
They've visited Princesshay Square and attended a lunch at Exeter University, Devon.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Queen Elizabeth II Visits The South West **

** dailymail: Neigh-ce to meet you, Ma'am! Queen comes nose-to-nose with Harry Patch the horse on Diamond Jubilee tour **

Last edited:
The Queen looks just stunning, although the hat reminds me of my last year's birthday cake. ;)
How cute were the inflatable corgis? The Queen certainly appreciated them! :D

Last edited:
Oh those corgis are so adorable. Her majesty got a kick out of that I'm sure. She looked very nice in her lavender outfit,nice color for her.

A very happy (belated) birthday, Baroness! :flowers: That certainly sounds like an interesting bit of royal kitsch. Did you take a picture of it?

Last April 29 must have been a great day for you - birthday and massive royal wedding all in one day!

Thank you, E! Last year, I took off from work and was up at the crack of dawn wearing my faux tiara to watch the festivities. And unfortunately, I didn't think to take a picture of the solar Queen.:sad:

By quite a long way, this is the nicest outfit I have seen The Queen wearing, in a long time.

Queen Elizabeth accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh presented new colours to the 1st Battalion and No. 7
Company the Coldstream Guards at Windsor Castle, May 3, 2012. Later they met soldiers and their families
during a reception at Victoria Baracks.

The Coldstream Guards, the oldest regiment in the British Army, will form part of the guard for Trooping the
Colour in honour the the Queen's birthday in June following which the regiment will prepare for deployment
to Afghanistan once more.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** reuters/gettyimages/daylife gallery **

I am sure Her Majesty was absolutely devastated! :whistling:

Jubilee Dinner for Royals

Hi

Does anyone have a list of who has been invited or attending the Jubilee Dinner and Luncheon for the Queen?

^^^^^
Apparently all of the worlds reigning monarchs have been invited to the luncheon at Windsor and to a more formal champagne dinner at Buckingham Palace hosted by the Prince of Wales.

Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh attended day two of the Royal Windsor Horse Show at Home Park on May 10, 2012 in Windsor, England.
He looks great. Also it's nice to see him in some casual, comfortable cloths. :)

- Prince Philip 1
- Prince Philip 2
- Gallery from Daylife

Last edited:
Philip is a true marvel. My grandfather is 92 and he's essentially housebound and can only walk very short distances with a zimmer frame. Philip has been blessed with excellent genes, and of course excellent health care.

Guess doing those RAF morning exercises every day for more than 65 years really paid off.

The Duke looks fantastic. It's lovely to see him relaxed and in good health.

:previous:I so agree, Daria, he looks amazingly fit for a man of his age. And doesn't he just look natty in his outdoor casual attire. Love the hat as well.

Last edited:
He looks great!

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Elizabeth II attended day three of the Royal Windsor Horse Show at Home Park on May 11, 2012 in Windsor.
- The Queen 1
- The Queen 2
- The Queen 3
- Gallery from Daylife

I must say, it's a bit strange seeing Her Majesty in such casual attire, especially after the State Opening of the Parliament.

Camilla attended with HM last year, when HM was in quite relaxed gear as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love her paisley print vest; she should have worn the paisley brooch with it!:lol:

How charming HM looked, and so happy. I was wondering, excluding riding kit & perhaps her uniform in WWII, is/has HM ever been seen in trousers?

Seeing her 'squelch' about in a skirt and wellies made me wonder. I can't recall ever seeing her in trousers. At first I though it was a generational thing, but my own mother & many of her friends (all in their 80s-early 90s) wear them to informal functions at times, especially when it will be outdoors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom