Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 23: July 2011-June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
Thank you for confirmation. The caption has been corrected.

Charles Armstrong Jones is Her Majesty's first page of honour, so it is indeed Viscount Linley's son. He put quite an impressive display on his first official event as the Queen's page of honour. :)

That young man carried himself with a lot of dignity and poise. His parents and the rest of the family must be very honored and proud.

Is that him? He has certainly grown.

And joins his cousins who I believe have served the Queen during the Garter ceremonies.

And joins his cousins who I believe have served the Queen during the Garter ceremonies.

Charles Armstrong-Jones was born in 1999, making him almost 13 now.
His cousins, including Arthur Chatto, did serve as pages to Her Majesty, but I think Charles Armstrong-Jones is the first First Page of Honour (sorry for tautology) since Andrew Matheson.

EDIT: Just checked; the last First Page of Honour before Charles Armstrong-Jones was Jack Soames, who occupied the position in 2008. Andrew Matheson was a Page of Honour for the late Queen Mother, not the Queen.

Last edited:

Are you referring to Sarah Chatto's sons? I remember it was mentioned that they served on Garter Day.

:previous: Yes, that is exactly what I mean. I recall seeing one of them (maybe it was Arthur) at the 2011 Garter Ceremonies. The royal ladies (Sarah, Camilla, and Kate) were smilling at him if I recall correctly.

:previous: Yes, that is exactly what I mean. I recall seeing one of them (maybe it was Arthur) at the 2011 Garter Ceremonies. The royal ladies (Sarah, Camilla, and Kate) were smilling at him if I recall correctly.

Arthur Chatto has been Page of Honour since 2010. However, he is only Third Page of Honour, unlike Charles Armstrong-Jones who has been appointed the First Page of Honour.

To be honest, it doesn't matter to me who is the First, Second or whatever number Page of Honor. But thanks for the information.

To me its just nice that both cousins have served the Queen in the same sort of cpacity.

The Queen wears the GGBI Tiara so beautifully. It's like it was made for her hairstyle.

Thanks for the photos. They both still going strong! Great to see.

Queen Elizabeth attended the Service of the Order of the British Empire at St. Paul's Cathedral. Her Majesty is the Sovereign of the Order, while the Duke of Edinburgh is the Grand Master.

- The Queen during the service
- The Queen leaving after the service
- The Queen and Prince Philip during the service
- The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh in full regalia
- I wish I knew what Her Majesty was thinking or looking at :D
- Her Majesty with The Lord Major

How great do they look? This is what I love about the British Royalty (and Monarchies in general); all the pomp and peasantry is just feast for eyes. :)
Agreed! Love the pics!:flowers:

Agreed! Love the pics!:flowers:
The weather was truly awful as she stepped outside - very wet, very windy and cold. And she wasn't really dressed for that. Hence the odd look in that last 2 pictures

Charles looks lovely, it is really nice to see the Queen including her sister's grandchildren in ceremonies. Was nice to see Arthur at the Garter Service, and now it's nice to see Charles as First Page. Having said that, looking at the images the little boy looks more like Samual or Arthur Chatto...are we definitely sure it's Charles?

The Queen and Philip look great, I wish I could read their minds during these ceremonies. Do you think the ever get bored?

Is it possible to get a guest list of who all was at the OBE service?

If that is Charles Armstrong-Jones then his face has completely changed!

That's definitely Charles Armstrong-Jones. His features haven't really changed; he just grew up. Comparing his older pictures with the most recent one, he appears to have a new haircut but that's about it.

Lovely service. And wearing my favorite tiara! How beautiful it is. GGBI is spectacular!

I just love HM in these Red Royal Robes, so beautiful. You don't see her in Red that often, but WOW, she looks amazing, IMO!

It's really nice to see the younger, less-seen royals at this occasion.

Last edited:
Is there a video of this service at all? It would be nice to see it. :)

Is it just me, or Autumn wears the same dress as Kate for her engagement?

Its a totally different dress. But I believe its the same dress (or very close to it) that Autumn wore when the grandkids took Phillip out for his birthday dinner.

I don't think it's that one either. The dress Autumn wore for Prince Philip's 90th birthday party. Today's dress appears to be blue and has a slightly different style.
Sorry for going off topic! :)

Last edited:
It looks like the same dress. Just either a different color or different lighting.

The Qieen and the DoE, joined by Peter and Autumn Philips, attended the theatre last night to see the popular comedy One Man, Two Guvnors. They chose to sit in the stalls (as opposed to the Royal box) with the other theatre goers and used an interesting form of transport - Pince Philip's own London taxi.

You'll never believe who I had in the back of my cab the other day! Queen and Prince Philip get into the Royal Taxi for theatre trip | Mail Online

Great story and I love that HM used Philip's town taxi for the theater visit, but I was wondering why her left hand looked so bruised and purple. You can see it in the photo where she's clutching her program. Did she injure herself?

Is it just me, or Autumn wears the same dress as Kate for her engagement?

I think its unlikely that the dress is the same as the Duchess of Cambridge as Autumn Philips is pregnant and the baby is due this month. The dress was too fitted to be suitable IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom