Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 23: July 2011-June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At first, I thought a pheasant ran into HM's hat. I guess it's quirky enough to add a bit of frivolity to her appearance, but I'm not too crazy about it. But she's wearing one of her marvelous bow brooches; always a pleasure to gaze on yet another lovely piece from her collection. I think she looks gorgeous in the last photo of the gallery, though.

Last edited:
I'm more used to seeing Her Majesty in more classic style hats, so this one was initially a bit of disappointing. It does, however, look a lot better when you see the whole picture.

The Queen looks very happy in the pictures. :)

I think she looks lovely. The whole outfit is beautiful. The hat is really nice, a little different than what she usually wears but nice. I like it that she stepped out of the box.

The Duke of Edinburgh as President and Honorary Life Member of the Naval and Military Club (also known
as the In and Out Club) attended the 150th anniversary lunch at the Naval and Military Club in London,
March 1, 2012.

** Pic ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

The Queen`s Speech.

I dont like the idea of having a " fixed term " Queen`s speech, every May. Watching the spectacular procession to Westminster was always a highlight, on a cold and ocassionally wet Autumn morning. The weather is of course not a consideration, in moving the ceremony to Spring, but i for one will miss the glimpse of red and gold, on a dreary November day.

I agree with you James. Just another instance of the constitutional vandalism of mindless politicians!

:previous: Bless him! I'm so glad to see His Highness out and about, enjoying doing what he loves. If I'm lucky to live that long, I hope to have his energy level.

:previous:
Prince Philip is just brilliant: 90 years old and no signs of slowing down! :)

Last edited:
The Duke of Edinburgh as President and Honorary Life Member of the Naval and Military Club (also known as the In and Out Club) attended the 150th anniversary lunch at the Naval and Military Club in London, March 1, 2012.

Prince Philip, Duke Of Edinburgh joined members of the prestigious 'In and Out Club', one of the oldest and most exclusive clubs in London as they march around St James's Square during the club's 150th birthday celebration on March 1, 2012 in London, England. Patrons of the private members club, whose official title is the Naval and Military Club, gathered in St James's Square in Central London before marching with the Band of the Royal Logistics Corps to be greeted by HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, and retiring for lunch inside the club.

- Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- Prince Philip with fellow club members
- Prince Philip enjoying the wonderful display

- Members of the club
- The club members marching around the square
- The club members cheering their President (Prince Philip) and singing the National Anthem

Who said the English gentleman was extinct? Bowler-hatted members of the In and Out Club celebrate 150 years
Patrons of the private members' club dressed in traditional bowler hats and umbrellas and gathered in St James's Square, Westminster, central London, for the celebration. Overseen by Prince Philip, the club president, they marched around the square with the Band of the Royal Logistics Corps before moving indoors to enjoy a four-course dinner
I must say, that was a spectacular sight! :)

Good for him! I'm sure, as the article says, that a certain amount of exercise has his doctors' approval as long as it's not strenuous. So a leisurely, but brisk, carriage ride is probably doing wonders for his recuperation, both physically and mentally. I'm glad the one concession to this type of activity is the addition of a groom.

Last edited:
Prince Philip, Duke Of Edinburgh joined members of the prestigious 'In and Out Club', one of the oldest and most exclusive clubs in London as they march around St James's Square during the club's 150th birthday celebration on March 1, 2012 in London, England. Patrons of the private members club, whose official title is the Naval and Military Club, gathered in St James's Square in Central London before marching with the Band of the Royal Logistics Corps to be greeted by HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, and retiring for lunch inside the club.

Who said the English gentleman was extinct? Bowler-hatted members of the In and Out Club celebrate 150 years

I must say, that was a spectacular sight! :)
I love the expressions on the Duke's face!:lol:

Incredible. I have to say I admire that man. Nothing keeps him down. I can only hope I will be like that. :)

I think many of us hope so as well. And one can take a leaf out of his book :)

Today, March 6, Queen Elizabeth has presented Jo Shapcott with the Queen's Gold Medal for Poetry
(the other lady is Poet Laureate Carol Ann Duffy) (pic 1) and received the High Commissioner for
Zambia Lieutenant Colonel Bizwayo N. Nkunika (2) as well as the Ambassador of Indonesia, T.M.
Hamzah Thayeb (3) at Buckingham Palace in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I wouldn't mind being the groom on Phillip's carriage; I'm sure he must be a gas to be around!

Queen Elizabeth attended the Service of the Order of the British Empire at St. Paul's Cathedral. Her Majesty is the Sovereign of the Order, while the Duke of Edinburgh is the Grand Master.

- The Queen during the service
- The Queen leaving after the service
- The Queen and Prince Philip during the service
- The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh in full regalia
- I wish I knew what Her Majesty was thinking or looking at :D
- Her Majesty with the Governor of the Bank of England Mervyn King

How great do they look? This is what I love about the British Royalty (and Monarchies in general); all the pomp and peasantry is just feast for eyes. :)

Last edited:
It is not the DoG in the last pic, he has not received the Order of the British Empire. Possibly it is the Lord Mayor since the service is at St Pauls.

Thanks for correction. I've changed the original caption. :flowers:
Hopefully, we will have better pictures to see who exactly is the man next to Her Majesty.

Queen Elizabeth attended the Service of the Order of the British Empire at St. Paul's Cathedral. Her Majesty is the Sovereign of the Order, while the Duke of Edinburgh is the Grand Master.

- Her Majesty with an unidentified man

How great do they look? This is what I love about the British Royalty (and Monarchies in general); all the pomp and peasantry is just feast for eyes. :)

Thank you for the pictures. I love her smile in the fifth picture. Something very amusing must have occurred :D.

Artemisia said:

- Her Majesty with an unidentified man

Is her page boy David Linley's son on his first assignment?

Thanks for correction. I've changed the original caption. :flowers:
Hopefully, we will have better pictures to see who exactly is the man next to Her Majesty.

It was the Lord Mayor of London in his ermine robes. The DoG is currently in the Britsh Virgin Islands.

Thank you for confirmation. The caption has been corrected.

Is her page boy David Linley's son on his first assignment?

Charles Armstrong Jones is Her Majesty's first page of honour, so it is indeed Viscount Linley's son. He put quite an impressive display on his first official event as the Queen's page of honour. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom