Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 23: July 2011-June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the Queen is absolutely pleased to have Philip by her side again.

Last edited:
What a treat to see them together! Thanks.

Great pictures of both of them. DoE is looking in good health and Im glad he is slowing down a bit. And Albert looked happy. Good to see them together.:flowers:

Forum members might also enjoy the link to Cambridge's own local paper [click through the slideshow for some watermark-free photos and especially a good one of Prince Albert.....[possibly of interest to the Monaco forum as well?]

NB Prince Philip used to be the Chancellor of Cambridge University.

Cambridge News | Latest News Headlines From Cambridge City & Cambridgeshire | National News By Cambridge News | Slideshow: Prince Philip visits Cambridge for first time since his heart scare

Enjoy,

Alex

It's great to see the Duke out and about. I hope he continues to take it easy and that his recovery is progressing well.

Great pictures of the Duke and Prince Albert. Prince Phillip looks tired/older in the eye area to me. Glad he's out and about~

OK, so what were the jokes??? Inquiring minds want to know!:lol:

That was a question I had as well when I was reading it. I figured it was just one of those overviews from those who were present at the event. Too bad no one had the mind to take some notes :D.

He remains at Sandringham with the Queen until after the anniversary of the death of her father. He might, at times in the past, spend a night or so away due to a couple of duties but in more recent years his engagements have been close to Sandringham. According to this report he will be carrying out an engagement on the 5th February at King's Lynn. http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/student..._prizes_by_the_queen_at_sandringham_1_1184151 On February 5, the Duke of Edinburgh will take the salute at a parade to celebrate the 90th anniversary of the King’s Lynn branch of the Royal British Legion.

On the 6th I imagine the day will be something like - breakfast together, she will do her boxes and he will go for a walk, she will go to nearby King's Lynne to do the couple of engagements while Philip rests and does some paper work of his own. He will probably have a light lunch while she is away. She will return in time for afternoon tea and they will talk about their day. Then they will have a quiet dinner remembering the events of the past 60 years, remininscing about that day 60 years ago when she went up a tree a Princess and came down a Queen. Maybe one or more of their children will also join them for dinner. Then they will watch some TV and go to bed.

She won't be without Philip all day - just while she goes to work. For a lot of people that is what happens on the anniversary of the deaths of their parents - start and end the day with loved ones but go to work in the middle.

Last edited:
The Queen will spend her anniversary without the Duke of Edinburgh - Telegraph

I think this article speaks more to the fact that suddenly the press have realised Prince Philip is mortal, and he is frail. I don't think they have ever contemplated the reality although they have postulated, at quite some length, on the eventuality.

But now I think they are contemplating what happens to the Queen when she loses her husband of more than 60 years. He has been her comfort and support in a way that we cannot even imagine. Just last year he carried out over 300 engagements on his own. What happens if he dies suddenly. How will the Queen cope, how will the royal family cope, What could, should or might happen?

And here we have the Queen sailing forth for the first engagements of her Diamond Jubilee year, on her own. Hmmm. Makes one think. Philip, listen to your Doctor!

He remains at Sandringham with the Queen until after the anniversary of the death of her father. He might, at times in the past, spend a night or so away due to a couple of duties but in more recent years his engagements have been close to Sandringham. According to this report he will be carrying out an engagement on the 5th February at King's Lynn. Students from St George On February 5, the Duke of Edinburgh will take the salute at a parade to celebrate the 90th anniversary of the King’s Lynn branch of the Royal British Legion.

On the 6th I imagine the day will be something like - breakfast together, she will do her boxes and he will go for a walk, she will go to nearby King's Lynne to do the couple of engagements while Philip rests and does some paper work of his own. He will probably have a light lunch while she is away. She will return in time for afternoon tea and they will talk about their day. Then they will have a quiet dinner remembering the events of the past 60 years, remininscing about that day 60 years ago when she went up a tree a Princess and came down a Queen. Maybe one or more of their children will also join them for dinner. Then they will watch some TV and go to bed.

She won't be without Philip all day - just while she goes to work. For a lot of people that is what happens on the anniversary of the deaths of their parents - start and end the day with loved ones but go to work in the middle.

You supposition of the day makes me feel better, hoping the Queen and her Prince will be together on this special day at some point.

Prince Philip resumes royal engagements - Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2012 | 3:22 a.m. - Las Vegas Sun
Queen Elizabeth II's husband has returned to official duties following a heart procedure that saw him spend Christmas in hospital.
Prince Philip attended a fundraising dinner at Cambridge University Tuesday to support its Scott Polar Research Institute - his first official engagement since the procedure.
[...]
Tuesday's dinner was held 100 years to the day since English explorer Robert F. Scott and his expedition reached the South Pole
The prince, wearing a dark suit, joined the explorer's two granddaughters and other guests including Prince Albert of Monaco at the event supporting polar exploration.

Glad to see the prince back in action, but hopefully on a limited basis for the time being.

Oh, that is...wait, I think I have dust in my eye or something...(thanks free2rhyme).

:royalstandard:

Monday february 6th,BBC1 at 21.00 PM GMT:

" The Diamond Queen"

:royalstandard:

Monday february 6th,BBC1 at 21.00 PM GMT:

" The Diamond Queen"

Should not not not miss this one. Looking forward to the exclusive interviews with the royals.

The Queen's Jubilee year seems to be in full swing, with many articles popping up every so often. And with royal tours starting next month, I think we're in for a nice, long ride.

So how do the rest of us see this if we do not have BBC? Anything on American channels? I hate not having access to all these programs and celebrations. Maybe I need to consider a move at some point. :)

Surely it will end up on youtube like all the Queen's Palaces pieces. It seems the BBC are less strict about such things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom