Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 23: July 2011-June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else catch this little gaffe?

Decorative: The tableware closely follows the design of the 144-piece Rockingham service which was first used in 1938 at the coronation of Victoria

Read more: Tea for £175? One does approve! Diamond Jubilee Tea set goes on sale today | Mail Online

Think they meant 1838? :D Beautiful tea service and I would love to own one myself!

Good eyes, Osipi :flowers:. That's just careless on the part of the editor or whoever looks over the content before it's printed.

Back on duty:

Queen Elizabeth today, October 11, received the Ambassador of Cote d'Ivoire Mr Claude Bouah-Kamon
and the Ambassador of the Dominican Republic Mr Federico Cuello Camilo during private audiences at
Buckingham Palace in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Back on duty:

Queen Elizabeth today, October 11, received the Ambassador of Cote d'Ivoire Mr Claude Bouah-Kamon
and the Ambassador of the Dominican Republic Mr Federico Cuello Camilo during private audiences at
Buckingham Palace in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Lovely to see Her Majesty back after a (hopefully) few restful months at Balmoral. I love the shade of blue she chose to wear. She's one of the few people who look good in pastel colors.

I think the tea set is gorgeous and would love to be able to afford a piece but they are outside my price range.

Is HM weariang Ferragamos? Or, are they knockoffs? LOL

Found this on my twitter. I hope she'll feel better by the next week and her visit to Australia, which looks to be a rather busy one.

oyalReporter Richard Palmer
She was OK handing out gongs this morning but the Queen has cancelled a visit to the British Museum tomorrow, blaming a heavy cold.

BBC News - Queen cancels British Museum visit due to having a cold

The Queen has cancelled a visit to the British Museum on Thursday due to a cold, Buckingham Palace has announced. "Her Majesty has a long trip next week and then a busy overseas programme in Australia and will need to be fit for this," a spokesman said.
Part of the visit was set to take place outside, he said. The Queen will still host a reception on Thursday evening.
The BBC royal correspondent Peter Hunt says it is very rare for the Queen, 85, to cancel public engagements

I feel somewhat meek seeing the strength of character the Paralympians have. Three cheers for them.

I really liked the video. Her Majesty and Prince Philip were very personable and genuinely interested in the people they were chatting to.

Pic 2 with both of them smiling/laughing is really nice! ** Pic 2 **
I love this pic as well! The way HM. has her head tilted to one side is charming, and can anyone beat her smile?! I love her outfit- that hat is snazzy:cool:! And I love how Prince Phillip is in hysterics!:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks fabulous. Love her hat and jewelry.

Queen Elizabeth II at Ascot Races today, Queen Elizabeth II Pictures - Ascot Races - Zimbio which by the way was a fantastic day out.

And, according to comedian Adam Hills, he and other Australians in the UK met HM and Prince Phillip this week.

[My post #145 above refers]

It was indeed a fabulous day out; I've just got back from an afternoon of marvellous racing, much merriment AND a jolly good look at the Queen, with the weather warm and sunny! It does not get much better than this! I have a couple of family things to do but hope to post a report on my day a bit later this evening. As usual, I feel VERY privileged to have had such a wonderful time.

Until a bit later,

Alex

:previous: This is fun! Look forward to your post, Diarist. :flowers:

P.S. We are having fabulous weather here, too - after some very nippy - and even rainy :eek: days (lightning and thunder - unheard of in these parts!).

Last edited:
Looking forward to your post, Alex. Did you see The Duke of York as well - he looks very somber in the Getty pictures (all 2 of them.)

He still is a great entertainer :)
Great pictures - Philip still looks kind of attractive at the age of 90 and its hard to find somebody within royalty with this charisma, no matter what age.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow...I would have thought the Queen and DoE would have a little time off after such a long trip down to Australia, especially the DoE. I don't think he really know how to slow down, does he? :flowers: :lol:

Queen Elizabeth received Mrs Winnie Kiap, High Commissioner of Papua New Guinea
for a private audience at Buckingham Palace on November 08, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom