Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 23: July 2011-June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SamCam is fashionable. She looks good all around and I even like her hair. She is a very attractive woman and deserves neither criticism nor elevation to fashion icon.

SamCam is fashionable. She looks good all around and I even like her hair. She is a very attractive woman and deserves neither criticism nor elevation to fashion icon.

I think she's an 'in-between' for me. I don't see her lacking fashion sense, but I don't see her as a fashion icon. She looked respectable at the Games, and that's a good way to be.

The Proms have just finished ..... with the Benjamin Britten version of "God save the Queen".....
Great costume for Susan Bullock :))

.... for auld lang syne...

On September 26, Queen Elizabeth visited the Crathie Primary School in Ballater,
Aberdeenshire and got a huge card from the proud pupils :)

** Pic **

On September 26, Queen Elizabeth visited the Crathie Primary School in Ballater,

** Pic **

I do love that she visits classrooms and actually observes what the kids are doing, and then gets actively involved. It looks like all parties had a day to remember.

** Pic **
I love this pic. She looks like a happy Granny, not THE Queen.:flowers:

roseroyal said:
I love this pic. She looks like a happy Granny, not THE Queen.:flowers:

She looks like a grandmother visiting her grandchild at school in a way like a young prince William there and granny visiting officially as the Queen physically symbolically but to william it would only be granny not the Queen.

She looks like a grandmother visiting her grandchild at school in a way like a young prince William there and granny visiting officially as the Queen physically symbolically but to william it would only be granny not the Queen.

I would think too that the young ones also would see her more as a "granny" than HM the Queen. How many young people of that age actually realize the important role that the Queen plays? I would love to hear some of the questions that they put to HM and I bet she gets a big chuckle out of them too. :D

I would think too that the young ones also would see her more as a "granny" than HM the Queen. How many young people of that age actually realize the important role that the Queen plays? I would love to hear some of the questions that they put to HM and I bet she gets a big chuckle out of them too. :D

I remember when I first saw pictures of Her Majesty on the news program back in USSR. I was about seven or eight, and I thought she looked like a granny (more so, because one of my great-grandmothers dresses similarly to the Queen). Those images made the concept of monarchy very relatable to me, even though I was taught that anything royalty-related was bad and the great country of USSR had no room for such things.

I think allowing the kids to meet Her Majesty face to face is a great way to show just how real these people are. Kids want to be able to relate, and meeting someone who is a granny is a wonderful way to do it.

Sounds like an episode of Bones. Very creepy. I've never heard of such an extreme obsession with the British monarch before. There have been political obsessions with monarchs in the past, but this is very different.

This link doesn't work for me....:bang:

Drats. Wonder if they removed the article, so that other psychopaths out there won't get any ideas (and I'm not implying that anyone on this forum fits that description, just saying that the world is full of nuts who take these stories as 'inspirations' for their own sick deeds).

I like the pizzaz he added to the unveiling. It's always good to end on a humorous note.

He still is a great entertainer :)

Yesterday, October 5, the Duke of Edinburgh hosted a drinks reception to officially launch Mayfair's
re-newed 'The Arts Club' in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages/daylife gallery **

** the sun: Hi Gwyn, I’m the Duke of Edinburgh... but you can call me Phil **

** dailymail: When Hollywood royalty met real blue blood: Gwyneth and Cameron hobnob with Prince Philip in Mayfair **

" Don't expect me to be around the next time you open a new building."
" Pay very close attention, you're about to see the world's most expericed plaque unveiler at work".
And at the end the expression on his face when he put those glasses on.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
" Don't expect me to be around the next time you open a new building."
" Pay very close attention, you're about to see the world's most expericed plaque unveiler at work".
And at the end the expression on his face when he put those glasses on.:lol:

I think with Prince Philip, it's not just what he says, but how he says it. He would have made a great stand-up comedian.

The Queen is due to attend the British Champions Day Race meeting at Ascot Racecourse on Saturday 15th October 2011. [I've just been organising my wardrobe etc for next week and have been reading the information that I have been sent with my badge. I will report back on how the afternoon went in due couse if members are interested.

Alex

PS - hard to know what to wear - it can be quite chilly in mid-October so I think it is time for one of my tweed suits. I always try to dress up when I go racing as a compliment to my host etc but particularly so at events like this because there is an unwriten rule that you are meant to 'wear your smartest clothes as the Queen might [i.e. potentially] see you'.

The Queen is due to attend the British Champions Day Race meeting at Ascot Racecourse on Saturday 15th October 2011. [I've just been organising my wardrobe etc for next week and have been reading the information that I have been sent with my badge. I will report back on how the afternoon went in due couse if members are interested.

Alex

PS - hard to know what to wear - it can be quite chilly in mid-October so I think it is time for one of my tweed suits. I always try to dress up when I go racing as a compliment to my host etc but particularly so at events like this because there is an unwriten rule that you are meant to 'wear your smartest clothes as the Queen might [i.e. potentially] see you'.

So cool! I for sure am interested. :flowers:

Alex

I'm definitely interested. I hope you'll share your experience with us.

Anyone else catch this little gaffe?

Decorative: The tableware closely follows the design of the 144-piece Rockingham service which was first used in 1938 at the coronation of Victoria

Read more: Tea for £175? One does approve! Diamond Jubilee Tea set goes on sale today | Mail Online

Think they meant 1838? :D Beautiful tea service and I would love to own one myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom