Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 23: July 2011-June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year's Court Circular for August had the Queen attending Divine Service at Crathie Church on three occasions, formally farewelling one equerry and formally being welcomed to Balmoral. The Court Circular also announced that she had made a new appointment.

5 engagements and one formal announcement in a month.

This year she has also attened Divine Service once so far and been received at Balmoral - so in half the month she has had 2 engagements and much the same ones as last year - church and formally being received at Balmoral.

Even in September last year she only did two things according to the Court Circular - attended Church and farewelled the Scottish First Minister when they left Balmoral.

So officially she does seem to be doing much the same as past years - having a holiday.

When we usually see her is at the Braemar Games and that isn't for a few more weeks.

Thanks, Bertie, for proving me wrong! About every third older person I encounter has either just had knee replacement, or is thinking about it, so I keep thinking of HM's poor knees. Maybe she will only need a repeat of the cartilage op she had several years ago.

Our First Minister Alex Salmond lives in Aberdeenshire during the Parliament recess.
It's easy for HM and FM to get together....

HM doesn't have a schedueled engagement until 13th October 2011, i'm thinking something's going on.

HM doesn't have a schedueled engagement until 13th October 2011, i'm thinking something's going on.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if she's having the work done that she needs on her knees and its being kept totally under the radar until after its a done deal and she's well on the way to recovery. Who knows? Maybe relaxing a bit off her feet will get HM to drop in on TRF and share a cup of tea with us. :cool:

Well that puts my writings to rest, DC could gave worn a kilt.

He would look a complete wally in a kilt. The Queen would have a laughing fit !

He would look a complete wally in a kilt. The Queen would have a laughing fit !

No he wouldn't. Matter of opinion. He's attending the gathering and IMO should have worn traditional dress.

Here are some more pics from today:

** gettyimages/daylife gallery **

Timothy Laurence attended as well, no sign of Princess Anne so far, so maybe she wasn't there.

Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh attended the Sunday service at Crathie Kirk
near Balmoral where they are currently spending their summer holidays, September 4, 2011.

** Pic **

I like the color of her coat and hat. Lovely.

Not to be unpleasant but .... I am always puzzled by the comments regarding Samantha Cameron being so very fashionable. I have never seen a picture of the woman where I thought she looked especially outstanding and her hair is always very lank looking. It's nice that she wears British fashion but in all honesty I don't think she does all that much for it other than lending her name. Very, very blah, IMHO.

Not meaning to offend but ...................

The Queen looks delightful as usual. But I have to agree with the Princess of Durham, I too have not seem Mrs. Cameron looking exceptionally fashionable, just sort of ordinary. Not bad, just ordinary/plain. The tweed suit from the games fits her nicely, but it doesn't make me want to go out and buy one. And her hair is indeed in need of a good styling, a new cut and some color or highlights or both.

Sorry, but SamCam looks fine IMO. She isn't meant to be a fashion model, but the PM's wife and the mother of their children.

I have to agree. Samantha Cameron is not a fashion model nor is she supposed to be. She just looks respectable when she needs to. In any case, if arrived in glittering Armani and decked in jewels there would have been severe criticism as far as State spending is concerned. HM looked lovely as always.

Last edited:
I agree totally. On top of the issues above, there has also been the new baby, the death of Cameron's father, the stress of the riots, and the life of politics.

Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh attended the Sunday service at Crathie Kirk
near Balmoral where they are currently spending their summer holidays, September 4, 2011.

** Pic **
Love HM's outfit- the color, and especially the hat!

Love the lipstick pic!
And the one where Prince Phillip is joking with Mrs. Cameron- HM. is not amused!;):lol:
And apparently the Blairs were also at Braemar in 2003.

Her expression in second and third picture is hysterical. Something must have been said that didn't sit well with her (though Mrs. Cameron appears to be greatly amused).

"One is not amused" comes to mind. I do love the Queen's public images of displeasure with Philip at times. They are an amusing couple. :D An image can tell a thousand words with those two.

Neither I nor I think anyone else is feeling the need for Samatha Cameron to look like a fashion model. That is the point .... she doesn't .... I just don't understand why the media keeps writing things to make it appear as though she is. She looks fine, just nothing out of the ordinary IMO. No need to take offense where none is intended. My question simply was "what is the hoopla about"? :)

Neither I nor I think anyone else is feeling the need for Samatha Cameron to look like a fashion model. That is the point .... she doesn't .... I just don't understand why the media keeps writing things to make it appear as though she is. She looks fine, just nothing out of the ordinary IMO. No need to take offense where none is intended. My question simply was "what is the hoopla about"? :)
I do think that the media tries to play up the fact that Mrs. Cameron is fashionable. I believe that we were only disputing the media's take on her fashion sense. I too do not believe that she is actively trying to be a fashion model of any sort. Although she could do better with her hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom