The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Is HM weariang Ferragamos? Or, are they knockoffs? LOL

Old 10-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Majesty

Found this on my twitter. I hope she'll feel better by the next week and her visit to Australia, which looks to be a rather busy one.

oyalReporter Richard Palmer
She was OK handing out gongs this morning but the Queen has cancelled a visit to the British Museum tomorrow, blaming a heavy cold.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:48 PM
Serene Highness

BBC News - Queen cancels British Museum visit due to having a cold

The Queen has cancelled a visit to the British Museum on Thursday due to a cold, Buckingham Palace has announced. "Her Majesty has a long trip next week and then a busy overseas programme in Australia and will need to be fit for this," a spokesman said.
Part of the visit was set to take place outside, he said. The Queen will still host a reception on Thursday evening.
The BBC royal correspondent Peter Hunt says it is very rare for the Queen, 85, to cancel public engagements
Old 10-14-2011, 05:00 PM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh attended an event to mark the three millionth
Motability vehicle at Westminster Hall in London, today, October 14.

Pic 2 with both of them smiling/laughing is really nice!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

** PA: Queen marks Motability milestone **

** telegraph.co.uk video: Queen marks Motability milestone with London 2012 Paralympic hopefuls **
Old 10-14-2011, 05:10 PM
Heir Apparent

I feel somewhat meek seeing the strength of character the Paralympians have. Three cheers for them.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:18 PM
Majesty

I really liked the video. Her Majesty and Prince Philip were very personable and genuinely interested in the people they were chatting to.

Old 10-14-2011, 06:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Pic 2 with both of them smiling/laughing is really nice! ** Pic 2 **
I love this pic as well! The way HM. has her head tilted to one side is charming, and can anyone beat her smile?! I love her outfit- that hat is snazzy! And I love how Prince Phillip is in hysterics!
Old 10-15-2011, 02:46 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Queen Elizabeth II at Ascot Races today, Queen Elizabeth II Pictures - Ascot Races - Zimbio which by the way was a fantastic day out.

And, according to comedian Adam Hills, he and other Australians in the UK met HM and Prince Phillip this week.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:22 PM
Majesty

She looks fabulous. Love her hat and jewelry.

Old 10-15-2011, 03:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Queen Elizabeth II at Ascot Races today, Queen Elizabeth II Pictures - Ascot Races - Zimbio which by the way was a fantastic day out.

And, according to comedian Adam Hills, he and other Australians in the UK met HM and Prince Phillip this week.
[My post #145 above refers]

It was indeed a fabulous day out; I've just got back from an afternoon of marvellous racing, much merriment AND a jolly good look at the Queen, with the weather warm and sunny! It does not get much better than this! I have a couple of family things to do but hope to post a report on my day a bit later this evening. As usual, I feel VERY privileged to have had such a wonderful time.

Until a bit later,

Alex
Old 10-15-2011, 04:08 PM
Serene Highness

This is fun! Look forward to your post, Diarist.

P.S. We are having fabulous weather here, too - after some very nippy - and even rainy days (lightning and thunder - unheard of in these parts!).
Old 10-16-2011, 05:08 PM
Courtier

Looking forward to your post, Alex. Did you see The Duke of York as well - he looks very somber in the Getty pictures (all 2 of them.)
Old 10-19-2011, 09:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
He still is a great entertainer
Great pictures. Philip still looks kind of attractive and full of charisma at the age of 90.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:05 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
He still is a great entertainer
Great pictures - Philip still looks kind of attractive at the age of 90 and its hard to find somebody within royalty with this charisma, no matter what age.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:50 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

BBC staff receive training in preparation for the Queen's death | Mail Online
Old 10-31-2011, 10:35 AM
Majesty

Prince Philip: Cold halts visit to Italy

The Duke of Edinburgh has pulled out of travelling to Italy on Monday afternoon because he has a cold.

BBC News - Prince Philip: Cold halts visit to Italy
Old 10-31-2011, 11:32 AM
Courtier

What a pity. I hope he gets well soon.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:47 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Prince Philip: Cold halts visit to Italy

The Duke of Edinburgh has pulled out of travelling to Italy on Monday afternoon because he has a cold.

BBC News - Prince Philip: Cold halts visit to Italy
According to Richard Palmer (@RoyalReporter) on Twitter, Princess Michael will stand in for Prince Philip at the meeting as she is in Italy at the moment.

Hope he feels better soon.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:30 PM
Aristocracy

Wow...I would have thought the Queen and DoE would have a little time off after such a long trip down to Australia, especially the DoE. I don't think he really know how to slow down, does he?
Old 11-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth received Mrs Winnie Kiap, High Commissioner of Papua New Guinea
for a private audience at Buckingham Palace on November 08, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **