The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 03:32 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I like the pizzaz he added to the unveiling. It's always good to end on a humorous note.

He still is a great entertainer

Yesterday, October 5, the Duke of Edinburgh hosted a drinks reception to officially launch Mayfair's
re-newed 'The Arts Club' in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages/daylife gallery **

** the sun: Hi Gwyn, I’m the Duke of Edinburgh... but you can call me Phil **

** dailymail: When Hollywood royalty met real blue blood: Gwyneth and Cameron hobnob with Prince Philip in Mayfair **

Old 10-06-2011, 08:46 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
I love this pic. She looks like a happy Granny, not THE Queen.
She looks great. I hope she lives for many, many more years.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Heir Apparent

" Don't expect me to be around the next time you open a new building."
" Pay very close attention, you're about to see the world's most expericed plaque unveiler at work".
And at the end the expression on his face when he put those glasses on.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
" Don't expect me to be around the next time you open a new building."
" Pay very close attention, you're about to see the world's most expericed plaque unveiler at work".
And at the end the expression on his face when he put those glasses on.
I think with Prince Philip, it's not just what he says, but how he says it. He would have made a great stand-up comedian.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Courtier

The Queen is due to attend the British Champions Day Race meeting at Ascot Racecourse on Saturday 15th October 2011. [I've just been organising my wardrobe etc for next week and have been reading the information that I have been sent with my badge. I will report back on how the afternoon went in due couse if members are interested.

Alex

PS - hard to know what to wear - it can be quite chilly in mid-October so I think it is time for one of my tweed suits. I always try to dress up when I go racing as a compliment to my host etc but particularly so at events like this because there is an unwriten rule that you are meant to 'wear your smartest clothes as the Queen might [i.e. potentially] see you'.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diarist View Post
The Queen is due to attend the British Champions Day Race meeting at Ascot Racecourse on Saturday 15th October 2011. [I've just been organising my wardrobe etc for next week and have been reading the information that I have been sent with my badge. I will report back on how the afternoon went in due couse if members are interested.

Alex

PS - hard to know what to wear - it can be quite chilly in mid-October so I think it is time for one of my tweed suits. I always try to dress up when I go racing as a compliment to my host etc but particularly so at events like this because there is an unwriten rule that you are meant to 'wear your smartest clothes as the Queen might [i.e. potentially] see you'.
So cool! I for sure am interested.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diarist View Post

Alex

I'm definitely interested. I hope you'll share your experience with us.

Old 10-10-2011, 06:05 AM
Courtier

Queen's Diamond Jubilee china goes on sale - Telegraph
Old 10-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Majesty

Found this posted on my twitter. DM's article, with bigger image.

Tea for £175? One does approve! Diamond Jubilee Tea set goes on sale today | Mail Online

Old 10-11-2011, 12:05 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Found this posted on my twitter. DM's article, with bigger image.

Tea for £175? One does approve! Diamond Jubilee Tea set goes on sale today | Mail Online
Anyone else catch this little gaffe?

Decorative: The tableware closely follows the design of the 144-piece Rockingham service which was first used in 1938 at the coronation of Victoria

Read more: Tea for £175? One does approve! Diamond Jubilee Tea set goes on sale today | Mail Online

Think they meant 1838? Beautiful tea service and I would love to own one myself!
Old 10-11-2011, 12:51 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeralds and Opals View Post
Very pretty. Love the plate - nice colors - I am partial to tourquoise.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:52 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Anyone else catch this little gaffe?

Decorative: The tableware closely follows the design of the 144-piece Rockingham service which was first used in 1938 at the coronation of Victoria

Read more: Tea for £175? One does approve! Diamond Jubilee Tea set goes on sale today | Mail Online

Think they meant 1838? Beautiful tea service and I would love to own one myself!
Good eyes, Osipi . That's just careless on the part of the editor or whoever looks over the content before it's printed.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:52 AM
Heir Apparent

A bit over the top for my taste.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:57 AM
Aristocracy

Queen Elizabeth II by Darren Baker | Royal Insight

Queen Elizabeth II returns to Buckingham Palace | Royal Insight
Old 10-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Majesty

That is a lovely portrait. Looks like a digital photograph.

The Jubilee Coin. Won't mind obtaining one of these myself. Great keepsake.

Diamond Jubilee Coins | The Royal Mint

Old 10-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Courtier

.. but these are uggly - YAK
Old 10-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Administrator

Back on duty:

Queen Elizabeth today, October 11, received the Ambassador of Cote d'Ivoire Mr Claude Bouah-Kamon
and the Ambassador of the Dominican Republic Mr Federico Cuello Camilo during private audiences at
Buckingham Palace in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 10-11-2011, 06:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Back on duty:

Queen Elizabeth today, October 11, received the Ambassador of Cote d'Ivoire Mr Claude Bouah-Kamon
and the Ambassador of the Dominican Republic Mr Federico Cuello Camilo during private audiences at
Buckingham Palace in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Lovely to see Her Majesty back after a (hopefully) few restful months at Balmoral. I love the shade of blue she chose to wear. She's one of the few people who look good in pastel colors.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think the tea set is gorgeous and would love to be able to afford a piece but they are outside my price range.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth has attended an Investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace today, October 12, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** hellomagazine: Bruce Forsyth plays his cards right with the Queen **

** dailymail: Knight to see you, to see you, knight: Bruce Forsyth becomes a Sir at last as he is honoured by the Queen... **