The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Heir Apparent

SamCam is fashionable. She looks good all around and I even like her hair. She is a very attractive woman and deserves neither criticism nor elevation to fashion icon.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
SamCam is fashionable. She looks good all around and I even like her hair. She is a very attractive woman and deserves neither criticism nor elevation to fashion icon.
I think she's an 'in-between' for me. I don't see her lacking fashion sense, but I don't see her as a fashion icon. She looked respectable at the Games, and that's a good way to be.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:52 PM
Heir Apparent

The Proms have just finished ..... with the Benjamin Britten version of "God save the Queen".....
Great costume for Susan Bullock :-))

.... for auld lang syne...
Old 09-30-2011, 06:08 AM
Administrator

On September 26, Queen Elizabeth visited the Crathie Primary School in Ballater,
Aberdeenshire and got a huge card from the proud pupils

** Pic **
Old 09-30-2011, 12:09 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

On September 26, Queen Elizabeth visited the Crathie Primary School in Ballater,

** Pic **
I do love that she visits classrooms and actually observes what the kids are doing, and then gets actively involved. It looks like all parties had a day to remember.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

** Pic **
I love this pic. She looks like a happy Granny, not THE Queen.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal
I love this pic. She looks like a happy Granny, not THE Queen.
She looks like a grandmother visiting her grandchild at school in a way like a young prince William there and granny visiting officially as the Queen physically symbolically but to william it would only be granny not the Queen.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:37 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandduchess24 View Post
She looks like a grandmother visiting her grandchild at school in a way like a young prince William there and granny visiting officially as the Queen physically symbolically but to william it would only be granny not the Queen.
I would think too that the young ones also would see her more as a "granny" than HM the Queen. How many young people of that age actually realize the important role that the Queen plays? I would love to hear some of the questions that they put to HM and I bet she gets a big chuckle out of them too.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:57 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I would think too that the young ones also would see her more as a "granny" than HM the Queen. How many young people of that age actually realize the important role that the Queen plays? I would love to hear some of the questions that they put to HM and I bet she gets a big chuckle out of them too.
I remember when I first saw pictures of Her Majesty on the news program back in USSR. I was about seven or eight, and I thought she looked like a granny (more so, because one of my great-grandmothers dresses similarly to the Queen). Those images made the concept of monarchy very relatable to me, even though I was taught that anything royalty-related was bad and the great country of USSR had no room for such things.

I think allowing the kids to meet Her Majesty face to face is a great way to show just how real these people are. Kids want to be able to relate, and meeting someone who is a granny is a wonderful way to do it.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:49 PM
Majesty

This whole story just creeped me out. A man who was obsessed with Her Majesty ended up living (and dying) a little too close to Buckingham Palace. Makes one stop and think about the amount of interest that some may take in these people.

Royal family obsessive’s body lay near Buckingham Palace for years - Telegraph

Old 10-03-2011, 10:59 PM
Serene Highness

Sounds like an episode of Bones. Very creepy. I've never heard of such an extreme obsession with the British monarch before. There have been political obsessions with monarchs in the past, but this is very different.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Majesty

I just had an awful (though funny) thought, "At least he died doing what he loved!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
This whole story just creeped me out. A man who was obsessed with Her Majesty ended up living (and dying) a little too close to Buckingham Palace. Makes one stop and think about the amount of interest that some may take in these people.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I just had an awful (though funny) thought, "At least he died doing what he loved!"
Is it disturbing that I laughed out loud when reading this? Clever summary .

Old 10-04-2011, 02:26 AM
Majesty

Evidently we share a sense of humour, DariaS.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:11 AM
Serene Highness

I'm glad I'm not alone ... I came out with a real chuckle. Very clever. :)
Old 10-04-2011, 05:08 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Evidently we share a sense of humour, DariaS.
Good to know .

Old 10-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post

This link doesn't work for me....
Old 10-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
This link doesn't work for me....
Drats. Wonder if they removed the article, so that other psychopaths out there won't get any ideas (and I'm not implying that anyone on this forum fits that description, just saying that the world is full of nuts who take these stories as 'inspirations' for their own sick deeds).

Old 10-05-2011, 03:13 AM
Administrator

The Duke of Edinburgh has officially opened the new Ordnance Survey headquarters
in Southampton yesterday, October 4, 2011. Here's a video:

** BBC: Prince Philip opens Ordnance Survey HQ in Southampton **
Old 10-05-2011, 11:29 AM
Majesty

Quote:

The Duke of Edinburgh has officially opened the new Ordnance Survey headquarters
in Southampton yesterday, October 4, 2011. Here's a video:

** BBC: Prince Philip opens Ordnance Survey HQ in Southampton **
I like the pizzaz he added to the unveiling. It's always good to end on a humorous note.

Closed Thread