The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 07:49 AM

RIGHT ROYAL REMINISCING - BBC- THE ONE SHOW

Do you reminisce about the good old Royal days? Were YOU there when Her Majesty ascended the throne in 1952? What did you do for the Queen’s coronation in 1953? Have incredible stories been passed down to you from grandparents and parents?

The BBC’s ‘’THE ONE SHOW’’wants to hear unique and fascinating stories of what YOU were doing on these two historic days, and why it’s such an important memory.

To tell us your story please email: theoneshow@bbc.co.uk and you might be invited onto the ONE SHOW JUBILEE BUS to tell us all about it.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:17 PM
Serene Highness

She always looks lovely in solids. I have to agree, Im not real thrilled with prints on her either. The soft pink is very nice.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:01 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Queen Elizabeth II attended a reception to launch the Queen Victoria Journals Online project at Buckingham Palace on May 24, 2012 in London, England.

- Queen Elizabeth
- Queen Elizabeth with curators of the project
- Queen Elizabeth with the curator of the Royal Collection, Lady Jane Roberts

The Queen diaries: Her Majesty wears traditional floral dress to launch website of great-great-grandmother Victoria's journals
Quote:
The Queen today wore a traditional floral dress to launch a very modern resource - a website made up of the journals of her great-great-grandmother Victoria. Dressed in a high-necked turquoise and purple frock and pearls, the monarch used a remote control to reveal the site on a screen in Buckingham Palace’s throne room.More than 40,000 pages of the diaries kept by Queen Victoria from the age of 13 until just before her death have been published.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:52 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Oh, the wealth of information! I'll be trying to check this site out.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:15 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

When asked about her diaries, HM said they would never be published.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I can understand her desire to keep her private thoughts private. Plus, we know so much more about the lives of royals today than they did in the time of Queen Victoria, and it's all because of the press and how much information they're able to find and get published.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia
I would love to read her entries.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:31 PM
Nobility

Quote:
At least not until William's great-grandson/daughter is on the throne? I'm sure they would be of great use to historians.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:42 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thena View Post
At least not until William's great-grandson/daughter is on the throne? I'm sure they would be of great use to historians.
She said they would never be published. I don't see what use they would be to historians, they would be interesting to read but it's rather rude to read someone's diary.

So why does the Queen never sneeze in public? Mail has a light-heated look at Her Majesty's little secrets | Mail Online

Quote:
Have you ever noticed that the Queen never sneezes in public? Or how she appears never to be suffering from a head cold?
Also, why is it that when she steps out of an airplane or helicopter, the fierce gusts of wind never blow her hair all over the place?
And how does she manage to keep us from catching a glimpse of regal knee when she get out of a car or horse-drawn carriage?
Old 05-25-2012, 03:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:
That's very understandable. Obviously in her position, she never really had a lot of privacy in her life.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:03 AM
Administrator

Yesterday, May 24, the Duke of Edinburgh was in Germany.

In his role as Colonel-in-Chief of the Queen's Royal Hussars he attended a Medals Parade in Sennelager.

** bfbs.com: A Royal visit for QRH **

Old 05-25-2012, 09:03 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Yesterday, May 24, the Duke of Edinburgh was in Germany.

In his role as Colonel-in-Chief of the Queen's Royal Hussars he attended a Medals Parade in Sennelager.

** bfbs.com: A Royal visit for QRH **

Wow. He is an old man but still can do his job. That is amazing !
Old 05-25-2012, 11:43 PM
Aristocracy

The Royal Collection is on display at Diamond Jubilee Exhbitions at the UK's palaces, museums and art galleries

Diamond Jubilee Exhibitions in the United Kingdom’s Palaces, Museums and Art Galleries | Carolyn Harris: Royal Historian
Old 05-26-2012, 06:49 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Edit: post about old event - irrelevant.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:10 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

^^^^^
That event was over a month ago?
Old 05-26-2012, 08:28 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
^^^^^
That event was over a month ago?
Oh, dear.
I'm afraid I confused the dates a bit; deleting the posts.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I saw a documentary once where the Queen told a guest at a reception she was at that her diary entries are actually very short. She made a gesture with her hand of the size of the entry and it looked to be no more than 8 or 10 lines. She specifically said that it was nothing like Victoria's diaries, so it's debatable whether they'd be enlightening at all.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:33 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Oh, dear.
I'm afraid I confused the dates a bit; deleting the posts.
I do that often. Sometimes websites highlight old events, on the same day as the current one just a previous month. So i'm like ooooo new event.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I do that often. Sometimes websites highlight old events, on the same day as the current one just a previous month. So i'm like ooooo new event.
That happened to me; I searched for April 26 events, instead of May 26; had a vague feeling of deja vu, but decided to ignore it.
Some real news now:

Queen Elizabeth loves royal blunders
Quote:
Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip are the first to laugh when something goes wrong. The 85-year-old monarch and her 90-year-old husband share a similar sense of humor, according to their grandson Prince William, and he revealed occasional royal blunders make them laugh. He said: "My grandfather makes my grandmother laugh because some of the things he says and does and the way he looks at life is obviously slightly different than her so together they make a great couple."
Old 05-26-2012, 07:56 PM
Majesty

Quote:
William's admiration, love and respect for his Granny literally shines through his words. On the other hand, I do love the fact that Her Majesty and Prince Philip enjoy some occasional royal bloopers. They certainly break up the monotony of things. I can also imagine how Philip's humor provides a distraction for Her Majesty if she's feeling nervous or stressed. They're definitely well matched.

Closed Thread