The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Philip is a true marvel. My grandfather is 92 and he's essentially housebound and can only walk very short distances with a zimmer frame. Philip has been blessed with excellent genes, and of course excellent health care.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Guess doing those RAF morning exercises every day for more than 65 years really paid off.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:47 PM
Majesty

The Duke looks fantastic. It's lovely to see him relaxed and in good health.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Heir Apparent

I so agree, Daria, he looks amazingly fit for a man of his age. And doesn't he just look natty in his outdoor casual attire. Love the hat as well.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Aristocracy

He looks great!
Old 05-10-2012, 06:56 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I so agree, Daria, he looks amazingly fit for a man of his age. And doesn't he just look natty in his outdoor casual attire. Love the hat as well.
Oh, indeed.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:06 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Queen Elizabeth II attended day three of the Royal Windsor Horse Show at Home Park on May 11, 2012 in Windsor.
- The Queen 1
- The Queen 2
- The Queen 3
- Gallery from Daylife

I must say, it's a bit strange seeing Her Majesty in such casual attire, especially after the State Opening of the Parliament.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Majesty

Camilla attended with HM last year, when HM was in quite relaxed gear as well.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Love her paisley print vest; she should have worn the paisley brooch with it!
Old 05-11-2012, 11:19 AM
Commoner

How charming HM looked, and so happy. I was wondering, excluding riding kit & perhaps her uniform in WWII, is/has HM ever been seen in trousers?

Seeing her 'squelch' about in a skirt and wellies made me wonder. I can't recall ever seeing her in trousers. At first I though it was a generational thing, but my own mother & many of her friends (all in their 80s-early 90s) wear them to informal functions at times, especially when it will be outdoors.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Heir Apparent

I guess for HM it could be practical to wear boots and skirts in those conditions; it's easier to clean muddy boots than muddy slacks! JMO.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:30 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Quitealot
...I was wondering, excluding riding kit & perhaps her uniform in WWII, is/has HM ever been seen in trousers?
The only picture I recall was one of her leaving the hospital after knee surgery and she was wearing a nice pant suit presumably to cover her bandaged knee.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:32 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Quitealot View Post
How charming HM looked, and so happy. I was wondering, excluding riding kit & perhaps her uniform in WWII, is/has HM ever been seen in trousers?
Although the Queen in a skirt is a far more familiar sight, Her Majesty has worn trousers throughout the years.
- A picture from 2010
- A picture from 2009
- A picture from 1973
- A picture from 1970 (tour of Canada)
Old 05-11-2012, 11:33 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

That's a welly good look, Ma'am! Queen all smiles as she watches her horse take first place at Windsor horse show
Quote:
The gloomy weather might be taking its toll on the nation's mood - but as the Queen watched her horse win a top prize at the Royal Windsor Horse Show this morning, it was clear she was not going to let a bit of rain dampen her spirits. Looking remarkably cheerful as she enjoyed the day's events in the grounds of Windsor castle, the Queen was in her element.
The monarch's horse, Balmoral Erica, scored a victory in the Highland Championship in the Copper Ring at today's event.
LOVE the pictures of the smiling Queen; they are so endearing.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Commoner

Thanks for the pics, Artemisia. They really made me smile. Just not used to seeing HM in trousers. Just doesn't look 'right' to me. LOL.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

the wessex family go to the horse show this year?
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 05-11-2012, 05:00 PM
Courtier

Thank you for the links to the Windsor pics. Both the Queen and the Duke are looking fabulous.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon View Post
the wessex family go to the horse show this year?
Not in any official capacity; neither Sophie, nor Edward have any official engagements for the next couple of days. They may of course attend privately.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:44 PM
Majesty

Her Majesty looks so relaxed and casual. I love her purple sweater. This must be one of her favorite events during the year, because she's so passionate about horses. You can see she was enjoying herself. Her smile was radiant, genuine and engaging.

Old 05-12-2012, 03:27 AM
Aristocracy

I love pics like these!!! Just ordinary people...

Closed Thread