The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 04:03 PM
Serene Highness

Buckingham Palace makeover celebrates Queen's Diamond Jubilee and London 2012 Olympics | Mail Online

Here are some additional photos and video of the grand- and witty- projections on the front of BP.

Old 04-21-2012, 04:07 PM
Heir Apparent

That is really creative; what a wonderful artistic tribute to HM and kudos to everyone involved in its formulation and presentation.

Old 04-21-2012, 04:35 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

It really is; both the presentation and execution were really well.
I don't understand why the event wasn't publicised beforehand though: a lot of people would have loved to be there for the exhibition had they known about it.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
The reasons not to miss the celebrations of the Diamond Jubilee of Elizabeth II
Las razones por las que no hay que perderse las celebraciones del Jubileo de Diamante de Isabel II

Google Google Translate
Old 04-21-2012, 05:07 PM
Administrator

Birthday Queen Elizabeth at the rainy Newbury racecourse today, April 21, 2012.

Priceless face expressions!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery ** gettyimages/indigo gallery **
Old 04-21-2012, 05:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

The projections of the childrens' self-portraits onto BP was a wonderful idea, and a tribute to HM by the PoW whose charity organised it all.

I think the projections were being held over at least 2 nights, and I suppose the organisers felt it would get press attention on the 1st night which would then allow people to pop along on the 2nd night.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The Queen celebrates her birthday at the races while a 62-gun salute marks the occasion in explosive style in London
Quote:
Despite a spot of rain, the Queen was still all smiles as spent the day at the races ahead of her 86th birthday. Dressed in a matching green coat and hat, Her Majesty attended the Dubai Duty Free Spring Trials at Newbury Racecourse.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:28 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I was the Queen's official gossip: Bitchy, witty and shocking - we publish letters by her Vice Chamberlain about what really happened in the House of Commons
Quote:
They were the most bizarre official reports the Queen ever received – hand delivered to her each night at 6pm from her Vice Chamberlain, a Labour MP from mining stock in Co Durham. When I was appointed Vice Chamberlain, the Government whip responsible for writing nightly reports to the Queen, I had no idea it would lead to regular chats with the Queen; that I would share gossip and witness at first hand her warmth and humour . . . and even talk about what the public were doing to the carpets in Buckingham Palace.

What the Queen really thinks about the public walking on her carpets

Quote:
Beyond the confines of her family, the Queen rarely lets her guard slip. Which is why it is so intriguing to learn such secrets as her joke about Glenda Jackson, her worries for Tony Blair - and what she really feels about letting her subjects traipse through Buckingham Palace. ‘Do you know, everyone shuffles along in a line,’ the Queen told one MP over tea, while giving a demonstration of the public’s actions. This means that they push all the carpet pile in one direction, so the following year we have to turn all the carpets round so they can push it back the other way.’
Old 04-22-2012, 01:53 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Buckingham Palace makeover celebrates Queen's Diamond Jubilee and London 2012 Olympics | Mail Online
Here are some additional photos and video of the grand- and witty- projections on the front of BP.
This is a pretty impressive and original way to honor Her Majesty's Diamond Jubilee and the Olympics. Kudos to all who participated, and those that shared the links on the forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Birthday Queen Elizabeth at the rainy Newbury racecourse today, April 21, 2012.
Priceless face expressions!
These made me giggle. I hope Her Majesty enjoyed herself (and by the looks of things, I'd say she did). This woman has a really fabulous wit, and a way of putting things. I'd love to have a candid chat with her. I'm sure I'd get some very interesting observations.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:52 AM
Heir Apparent

HM, resplendent in spearmint cashmere!
Old 04-23-2012, 05:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Queen Elizabeth's birthday celebrated without pomp and circumstance
Billed-Bladet - Dronning Elizabeth fejrede fødselsdag uden pomp og pragt

Google Google Translate
Old 04-23-2012, 06:46 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Sir Donald Gosling was today installed as Vice Admiral of the United Kingdom. During the installation ceremony that took place at Windsor Castle, the Queen, accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh, presented the new Vice Admiral with a flag. Also in attendance were Deputy Chief of Naval Staff, Admiral George Zambellas, First Sea Lord Admiral Sir Mark Stanhope, and Second Sea Lord, Vice Admiral Charles Montgomery.

- The Queen presenting the flag
- A group picture
- Gallery from Daylife
Old 04-25-2012, 03:28 AM
Administrator

The Duke of Edinburgh has been in Germany yesterday, April 24!

He visited the Barker Barracks in Paderborn in the north of Germany to award British soldiers with medals.
287 soldiers from the 3 Close Support Battalion REME (Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers) have
been honoured for their seven month long operations in Afghanistan.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **
** nw-news.de: Prinz Philip besucht Soldaten in Paderborn (including a video & gallery) ** translation **

Today, April 25, the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh will re-open the Cutty Sark Gardens and the Cutty Sark,
open the Royal River exhibition at the National Maritime Museum, they'll visit Greenland Pier to view and name
The Royal Row Barge, Gloriana and they'll attend a lunch at The Queen's House, National Maritime Museum.
Here are the first pics:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery ** daylife gallery **
** hellomagazine: Queen helps the Cutty Sark rise from the flames and set sail again **
** BBC: Cutty Sark: Queen reopens Greenwich tea clipper **
Old 04-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Resplendent in red! Queen brightens the gloom as she names Gloriana, the first royal barge to be built in 100 years
Quote:
The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh today braved heavy rain and driving winds to name a spectacular barge built to mark the Jubilee. The royal couple travelled to the East London dock where Gloriana is currently moored, awaiting the moment when it will make its way to Wandsworth Bridge on the Thames from where it will lead the Jubilee pageant on 3 June. Dressed in a bright red coat and hat that cut a swathe through the morning's gloom, the monarch descended a gangway at Greenland Pier on the Thames in London's Docklands before boarding the Gloriana.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
.The Duke of Edinburgh has been in Germany yesterday, April 24!He visited the Barker Barracks in Paderborn in the north of Germany to award British soldiers with medals.
**** Pic 3 ****
I love this one! It has such a " doting Grandad" feel.
A side of The Duke that is always there, but that the press does not portray often enough, IMO.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:52 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Gary Barlow sings happy birthday to The Queen | Mail Online
Old 04-25-2012, 04:04 PM
Aristocracy

The Queen and Prince Philip reopened the Cutty Sark in Greenwich today. Greenwich is the site of three past royal residences.

The Queen Reopens the Cutty Sark in Greenwich | Carolyn Harris: Royal Historian
Old 04-25-2012, 04:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Amazing to think that HM opened the original Cutty Sark 55 years ago. Now here she is doing it all again. I have to say, though, I've not heard good things about the renovation.

Truly awful weather for HM and the DoE, particularly to be on a boat on the Thames. They powered through like the true professionals they are though.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:18 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

One knows how to party: Queen gives go-ahead for world¿s first portable hotel in grounds of Windsor Castle for Jubilee celebrations | Mail Online
Old 04-25-2012, 05:26 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I hope the finished portable hotels will look better than the one pictures; otherwise, it will be an eyesore.
The idea is good though and could potentially be used not only for Jubilee or Olympics, but also for solving temporary housing problems.

Is this the smallest ever portrait of the Queen? Artist creates piece of work on top of a pin to mark Diamond Jubilee
Quote:
An artist has created what is believed to be the world's smallest ever portrait of the Queen. Graham Short decided to mark the Diamond Jubilee by engraving the image on top of a 2mm wide gold pin - a piece that took him nine months to complete. The miniature masterpiece is so small that it cannot even be seen seen by the naked eye and is only visible by using a magnifying glass.

Closed Thread