Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 23: July 2011-June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess for HM it could be practical to wear boots and skirts in those conditions; it's easier to clean muddy boots than muddy slacks! JMO.

Last edited:
Queen of Quitealot said:
...I was wondering, excluding riding kit & perhaps her uniform in WWII, is/has HM ever been seen in trousers?
The only picture I recall was one of her leaving the hospital after knee surgery and she was wearing a nice pant suit presumably to cover her bandaged knee.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a welly good look, Ma'am! Queen all smiles as she watches her horse take first place at Windsor horse show
The gloomy weather might be taking its toll on the nation's mood - but as the Queen watched her horse win a top prize at the Royal Windsor Horse Show this morning, it was clear she was not going to let a bit of rain dampen her spirits. Looking remarkably cheerful as she enjoyed the day's events in the grounds of Windsor castle, the Queen was in her element.
The monarch's horse, Balmoral Erica, scored a victory in the Highland Championship in the Copper Ring at today's event.
LOVE the pictures of the smiling Queen; they are so endearing. :)

Thanks for the pics, Artemisia. They really made me smile. Just not used to seeing HM in trousers. Just doesn't look 'right' to me. LOL.

the wessex family go to the horse show this year?

Thank you for the links to the Windsor pics. Both the Queen and the Duke are looking fabulous.

the wessex family go to the horse show this year?
Not in any official capacity; neither Sophie, nor Edward have any official engagements for the next couple of days. They may of course attend privately.

Her Majesty looks so relaxed and casual. I love her purple sweater. This must be one of her favorite events during the year, because she's so passionate about horses. You can see she was enjoying herself. Her smile was radiant, genuine and engaging.

I love pics like these!!! Just ordinary people...

Last edited by a moderator:
Her Majesty looks so relaxed and casual. I love her purple sweater. This must be one of her favorite events during the year, because she's so passionate about horses. You can see she was enjoying herself. Her smile was radiant, genuine and engaging.

What better way too of enjoying a favorite past time with a granddaughter that seems to be as passionate about horses as her Granny. I really sense a close relationship between Lady Louise and HM. :flowers:

What better way too of enjoying a favorite past time with a granddaughter that seems to be as passionate about horses as her Granny. I really sense a close relationship between Lady Louise and HM. :flowers:

Oh, I have no doubt that Lady Louise and her paternal Granny enjoy a close, warm and loving relationship. Shared passion for horses is definitely a plus, and Louise appears to love riding.

Atta boy, Philip, you show us all how it's done!

Bravo, Your Highness! Well done indeed. It's great that he's so active and is able to enjoy himself.

I love the close bond Her Majesty shares with her animals. It appears that she treats her corgis as family members, and that's how it ought to be.

That's really the best waxwork of Her Majesty in my memory. Even the gown and jewellery are really well done.
Still can't get over how horrible the 1969 version looks though.

I thought when we saw the first unpainted version that they were making HM too wrinkly, and the Daily Mail seems to agree with me (not sure if I should be proud of that fact or not).

Some of the pictures from the side in that article I found myself unsure if it was actually the Queen, so it's pretty good. Prince Philip's waxwork should be sent to Yankee Candle to be melted down because it looks nothing like him.

Her Majesty has a remarkably wrinkle-free face for a lady of her age; nevertheless, I wouldn't say the waxwork is too wrinkly.
Completely agree about Prince Philip; it should be sent away pronto, preferably with the wax figures of most other members of the royal family: most of them look nothing like the originals at all. In fact, this figure of the Queen and the recent ones of Kate are probably the only lifelike wax figures of the royals.

HM's waxwork at Madame Tussauds has had an update for the Diamond Jubilee. See it here:

Queen's Diamond Jubilee waxwork unveiled at Tussauds after £150,000 makeover | Mail Online

That's probably the best waxwork I've ever seen, truly uncanny.

That is quite impressive indeed. I've seen very few wax figures that looked anything like the individuals they were supposed to be portraying..

I thought when we saw the first unpainted version that they were making HM too wrinkly, and the Daily Mail seems to agree with me (not sure if I should be proud of that fact or not).

Some of the pictures from the side in that article I found myself unsure if it was actually the Queen, so it's pretty good. Prince Philip's waxwork should be sent to Yankee Candle to be melted down because it looks nothing like him.

I had the exact same reaction as you. I couldn't tell which was the actual person and which was the wax work.

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II watches one of her ponies compete in the Highland Class at the Royal Windsor Horse show in the grounds of Windsor Castle, Berkshire
Windsor, England - 11.05.12

WENN Photo Library - Search Results

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, watch the carriage driving at the Royal WIndsor Horse show in the grounds of Windsor Castle
Windsor, England - 11.05.12

http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?action=quicksearch&ppid=172495&version=caf

Madame Tussauds unveils the 23rd waxwork of Queen Elizabeth II
London, England - 14.05.12

http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?action=quicksearch&ppid=172596&version=uk

Spot the difference: Madame Tussauds unveils regal waxwork

http://diamondjubilee.hellomagazine.com/queens-jubilee/news/20120514999/queen-elizabeth-wax/1/

Last edited:
One wonders if Graham Smith from Republic ever actually bothers to look at the polls he's asked to comment on. The poll clearly shows that the British people are very comfortable with the Queen's role as Defender of the Faith and Supreme Governor of the CoE. She has built strong and enduring relationships with the other faith groups in the UK, and those other faith groups are just as comfortable with the Queen's role in the religious sphere. He's trying to manufacture some sort of feeling within the minority communities of exclusion and discrimination, which just isn't there.

Then again, the polls never tell Mr Smith what he wants them to, so as far as he's concerned the British people are all brainless sheep who believe what they're told to believe by 'the Establishment'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom