The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 04:51 AM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh attended a reception and dinner to commemorate the
70th anniversary of The Council of Christians and Jews held at Crosby Hall, London, November 15.

** zimbio gallery **

Old 11-16-2011, 05:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the pics iceflower. I know the Queen is very well respected by the Jewish community in the UK. Which makes it so disappointing that Israel remains one of the very few nations on the planet that HMQ has not visited. Perhaps now that she's visited Ireland for the first time a visit to Israel is something the Foreign Office could look at?

Old 11-16-2011, 07:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
It was noted in the thread last year that the next State Opening of Parliament would occur in Spring 2012.

The thread is located further down the page.
Thank you ( I was looking in the general British threads) oh well that means a longer wait for another sight of all that pomp & royal regalia.

On another note, the Queen shows no signs of easing down her schedule judging by recent engagements. She looks well on it too & never less than immaculate in her dress & demeanour -with or without gloves.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thena View Post
If I paid that much for a custom Launer handbag, I'd carry it everywhere, too. I'd probably sleep with it as well.

Oh lord, how I would love one of those bags...
Me too, Thena! HM carries the "Royale" style. If I could choose, I'd prefer the "Nocturne." HOWEVER, if I could have any piece of Launer, I wouldn't be fussy. Their work is just out-of-this world.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wow, the Queen's make up is weird, she looks so pale
Old 11-16-2011, 06:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Thanks for the pics iceflower. I know the Queen is very well respected by the Jewish community in the UK. Which makes it so disappointing that Israel remains one of the very few nations on the planet that HMQ has not visited. Perhaps now that she's visited Ireland for the first time a visit to Israel is something the Foreign Office could look at?
Perhaps you should write to the Israeli government as I believe they have to extend an invitation before any state visit will happen. They may not be interesting in receiving the British monarch. Philip I believe has visited privately to see his mothers grave.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:09 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
Wow, the Queen's make up is weird, she looks so pale
That's because her next engagement was at The Council for Monarchs and Mimes.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Perhaps you should write to the Israeli government as I believe they have to extend an invitation before any state visit will happen. They may not be interesting in receiving the British monarch. Philip I believe has visited privately to see his mothers grave.
I've done some reading on this subject elsewhere and the gist I got from those who are 'in the know' was that it was very much a case of the British government not being willing to sign off on such a visit. I have no doubt that the Israeli government would be extremely willing to host the Queen but the suggestion was that there was a group of senior civil service mandarins whose sympathies lie with the Palestinian side to such an extent that allowing the Queen to visit Israel would be to somehow indicate approval for the actions of the Israeli government. I have to say that I think, if true, this is a very sad situation.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:34 PM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth has met with the High Commissioner of Sri Lanka Dr Chris Nonis and the
Ambassador of Israel Mr Daniel Taub during private audiences at Buckingham Palace on
November 17, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 11-18-2011, 06:57 AM
Courtier

Anybody here who can help me, im looking for the wedding golden speech that Queen Elizabeth gave in 1997:-) Thanks!
Old 11-18-2011, 05:01 PM
Administrator

I've no idea right now, the speeches on the official website only date back to 2002..

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh officially opened East Surrey College, Redhill, Surrey,
today and attended a Service of Thanksgiving in Guildford Cathedral, Surrey, to celebrate
the 50th Aniversary of the Dedication of the Cathedral.

The Queen looked wonderful in dark red:

** Pic ** gettyimages/indigo gallery ** daylife gallery **

** getsurrey.co.uk: Surrey's royal welcome to mark Her Majesty's visit **

** BBC: Queen visits Guildford Cathedral and opens Redhill campus **
Old 11-18-2011, 11:17 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Luna View Post
Anybody here who can help me, im looking for the wedding golden speech that Queen Elizabeth gave in 1997:-) Thanks!
Is this what you're looking for?
Old 11-19-2011, 03:50 AM
Administrator

Oh, I'm sorry for the misleading information then, I obviously didn't dig deep enough

Here are some nice additional pics from yesterday:

** bauer griffin/zimbio gallery: Queen Elizabeth visits East Surrey College **
Old 11-20-2011, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent

I know the Queen spends Christmas at Sandringham, but is every member of the RF invited?
Or only the closest ones?

Are any other guests invited?
Old 11-20-2011, 12:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post
Is this what you're looking for?
Thank you so much
Old 11-20-2011, 12:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I know the Queen spends Christmas at Sandringham, but is every member of the RF invited?
Or only the closest ones?

Are any other guests invited?
The Kents and the Gloucesters are not on the invite list for Christmas at Sandringham. Princess Margarets children are invited.
The Queen does host a lunch at Buckingham Palace for the extended Royal Family a couple of weeks before Christmas. Other than grand weddings this is probably the one time of the year when most of the family manage to get together as a group.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:30 PM
Administrator

The Duke of Edinburgh has been in Germany today!

He visited British troops atthe St. Barbara Kaserne in Bad Fallingbostel and decorated 150
British soldiers of the 2 Close Support Battalion REME (Royal Electrical and Mechanical
Engineers) for the performance of their duty in Afganistan.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** Prinz Philip auf Truppenbesuch in Niedersachsen ** reuters/daylife gallery **
Old 11-21-2011, 07:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Gosh he's good for 90! Thanks for the links, he's so committed. :)
Old 11-21-2011, 08:48 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Gosh he's good for 90! Thanks for the links, he's so committed. :)
He's an amazing guy--still going on strong!
Old 11-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Nobility

St James's reception

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceflower
The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh officially opened East Surrey College, Redhill, Surrey,
today and attended a Service of Thanksgiving in Guildford Cathedral,

** Pic ** gettyimages/indigo gallery ** daylife gallery **

** getsurrey.co.uk: Surrey's royal welcome to mark Her Majesty's visit **

** BBC: Queen visits Guildford Cathedral and opens Redhill campus **

Dear Iceflower,
The Queen attended a reception that evening at St James's Palace for the Royal Scots Dragoons. Might you be able to find a photo please.
I could not.
Many thanks in advance.
Why do I need 10 more characters to post?
I am being told this message is to short.
It will not post.

Closed Thread