The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 04:35 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

On April 18th 2009 he overtook Queen Charlotte with the record of 57 years and 70 days.

Old 06-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm a tad alarmed that HM appears to be hunching a bit. I know she is 85, but I don't remember her being forward-leaning at the first of the year. Anyone know anything?

Old 06-22-2011, 03:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I'm a tad alarmed that HM appears to be hunching a bit. I know she is 85, but I don't remember her being forward-leaning at the first of the year. Anyone know anything?
Although not may photos show it, HM has had a stoop for several years. It's only noticeable from th eside, and many photos are from the front, of course.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:29 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

David Cameron and wife Samantha host birthday lunch for Prince Philip and Queen | Mail Online
Old 06-22-2011, 10:07 AM
Administrator

The Queen accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh opened Alnwick Youth Hostel, Northumberland and attended
a garden reception and lunch at Alnwick Castle, hosted by the Lord-Lieutenant of Northumberland today, June 22.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages/AP/reuters gallery **
Old 06-22-2011, 06:32 PM
Heir Apparent

A couple comments:
1. Stilton and watercress tart sounds disgusting.
2. The PM bows very elegantly.
3. The Queen seems like she must be very speedy changing her outfits on a day when she has multiple engagements. Loved both outfits: the contrast between the formal and the informal. but wearing gloves on both occasions of course. The perfect image of a Queen as always!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Queen accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh opened Alnwick Youth Hostel, Northumberland and attended
a garden reception and lunch at Alnwick Castle, hosted by the Lord-Lieutenant of Northumberland today, June 22.

Yea! One of my very favorite outfits! The Queen looks lovely as always! What a wonderful smile!
Old 06-22-2011, 06:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

The all outfit is beautiful , and that type of hats suits to HM amazing
That wonderful smile told everything
Old 06-22-2011, 06:52 PM
Majesty

Her Majesty looks quite lovely.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
A couple comments:
1. Stilton and watercress tart sounds disgusting.
This continues the point I always make to friends, that life would be boring if we all had the same views (although it is extremely frustrating when people don't have the same views as me ) but I read this and thought, oooh yummy
Old 06-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Heir Apparent

It's just.... wouldn't the cheese smell to high heaven? I am thinking about smell not taste, having never tasted it I don't know, might love it!! Sorry if I upset you...
Old 06-22-2011, 07:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
It's just.... wouldn't the cheese smell to high heaven? I am thinking about smell not taste, having never tasted it I don't know, might love it!! Sorry if I upset you...
Didn't upset me at all I have this thing where I don't seem to be able to smell cheeses - my father loves a cheese called 'Stinking Bishop' - personally I can never smell it although it's supposed to be one of the smelliest cheeses. However, I do think that cheese loses some of it's smell when cooked but I am probably in the minority
Old 06-22-2011, 08:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Politics aside - I don't even really know the politics (just saying) - I really do think the current British PM Cameron is one handsome dude , helped along by the fact that he's a real spiffy dresser. A pleasure to watch - always well-turned-out.

And thread-nap - hip-hip-hooray to his wife for not wearing any of those silly hats at the recent nuptials! Yes!

I like the Queen's skirt - reminds me of one I had once. She's looking very cool and summery. Pleasant smile - a bit too much make-up, but maybe necessary at her age?
Old 06-22-2011, 08:16 PM
Heir Apparent

@ Tortilla Chips-Wish I had your ability not to smell stinky cheese LOL!!
Old 06-22-2011, 08:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Stilton and watercress tart sounds fabulous to me! I love Stilton. The stinkier the cheese the more I love it. Compared with some, I don't find Stilton particularly smelly though. I've never been embarrassed carrying it on the bus, unlike a nice ripe Port Salut.

I'd love to try Stinking Bishop!
Old 06-22-2011, 08:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
Politics aside - I don't even really know the politics (just saying) - I really do think the current British PM Cameron is one handsome dude , helped along by the fact that he's a real spiffy dresser. A pleasure to watch - always well-turned-out.
Agree with all the above, plus he seems very down to earth ( in his interview on William's wedding day at least)!
Old 06-23-2011, 09:07 AM
Heir Apparent

An informal portrait photograph of Philip and Elizabeth in the Green Drawing Room at Windsor Castle, by Thomas Struth.

It's the first double portrait of the two, to be commissioned by the National Portrait Gallery (London).

It will be loaned to the National Portrait Gallery of Scotland (Edinburgh).

Portrait photo of Queen and Philip
Old 06-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Goodness, I don't find this photo to be "tender" of them at all. They are so far apart and not even touching.. I wish there was a larger photo so one could see them more clearly.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Aristocracy

The photo in this article is bigger (and just highlights how far apart they are):

The Queen's Diamond Jubilee: Tender new portrait of her Majesty and Prince Philip marks anniversary | Mail Online
Old 06-23-2011, 04:15 PM
Heir Apparent

I would not call that photo " tender", I would say, " regal , grim,and stiff"
Old 06-23-2011, 04:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I would not call that photo " tender", I would say, " regal , grim,and stiff"
That's definately not a portrait of the couple where the husband once called his wife his "Tigerlily" within the "hearing" of lipreaders....And it's so sickly greenish....

Closed Thread