The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Aristocracy

The Queen and I: Her Majesty's cousin lifts the lid on the private lives of the Royals | Mail Online

Old 06-11-2011, 11:20 PM
Courtier

Nobody is perfect. We all have flaws. With that stated, and even though
I am almost positive that major royals do not read this forum, a very 'Happy 90th Birthday' to HRH Prince Philip/HRH the Duke of Edinbrough(?) of the United Kingdom. HRH has been known for his 'questionable attributes' in public and in private and his sometimes 'uppity' attitude to others. He is what he is and has never apologized for his public persona. I say 'bravo' to him. If he and QEII could bottle and patent their 'genes' for longevity, then maybe HM could finally retire knowing she and her consort have a never-ending financial nest egg to rely on! Again, HB to Prince Philip!

Old 06-12-2011, 04:58 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I love those pictures, The Queen looks like a different woman.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:03 AM
Courtier

IT's the Queen's Cup at Guards Polo Club today. I'm just off [but late...................] still, it's only 10 minutes away.

Will report back later,

Alex
Old 06-12-2011, 12:17 PM
Nobility

Many Thanks to Diarist

It's always fun to read your commentary! I appreciate it and I'm sure others do as well!
Old 06-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Just the same as us....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I love those pictures, The Queen looks like a different woman.
I love the pics, ( the Quen eating lunch on her lap is my fav) and the wonderfully human tales. that make one feel
" They are just the same as us"
To everyone else The Queen Mother was THE Queen Mother.
But to Margaret she was just a wonderful aunt.
I found the details of the Queen Mum's death , especially moving, very touching, cannot wait for the next part to come out!
Old 06-13-2011, 10:28 PM
Administrator

Please note that all posts regarding the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh of the Trooping of the Colour have been moved to http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1267117 .

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 06-18-2011, 04:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Philip - the longest-serving royal consort in British history ....

but this achievement will be overshadowed by the Queen's Diamond Jubilee...
Old 06-19-2011, 06:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillW View Post
I think it may be one I call the Commonwealth Rose - not because I know any provenance for it, just that HM has quite often worn this one for events related to the Commonwealth. I don't hae a really wonderful photo of it, but this is it....

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...aunch2005-.jpg

Oh yes - it looks like an inch below the main brooch HM is wearing her "gold Blue Peter" badge. The competition the young lass won was run by the famous UK children's TV program of that name and HM was presented with the gold badge some years ago. (For those who don't know, Blue Peter badges are much coveted and are presented to guests or others doing something the show considers worthwhile. They are usually white plastic with the show's emblem in blue.)
I've changed my mind on this one and now think it could be the Australian Hibiscus brooch instead.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:13 PM
Administrator

On June 10, the Queen has met the Premier of Western Australia, Colin Barnett and his
wife Lyn, during an audience at Buckingham Palace in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 06-19-2011, 05:16 PM
Nobility

HM is certainly wearing an interesting dress there!
Old 06-19-2011, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

My thoughts exactly, Thena! HM has been wearing several of these blinding prints lately. I much prefer her in lovely jewel toned solids or pastels. But.. Her smile in pic #1 is just beautiful as usual...
Old 06-20-2011, 02:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
My thoughts exactly, Thena! HM has been wearing several of these blinding prints lately. I much prefer her in lovely jewel toned solids or pastels. But.. Her smile in pic #1 is just beautiful as usual...
I found some photos of HM wearing this multi coloured silk dress in 2008 - wonder if there are any earlier events...?
Old 06-20-2011, 10:35 AM
Heir Apparent

I like the fabric and the color and the print. Since HM now has a matronly figure, the pattern keeps the eye moving and doesn't settle on a big lump of peach or other pastel summer color. However, it could be that she just liked the fabric.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Prime Minister David Cameron and his wife Samantha with Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh outside
Number 10 Downing Street on June 21, 2011 in London. The Camerons have invited the Duke of Edinburgh and
the Queen to Downing Street to celebrate The Duke's 90th birthday.

** Pic ** gettyimages/daylife **
Old 06-21-2011, 11:01 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Queen Elizabeth and DofE with the Camerons
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...e/3235359.html
Old 06-21-2011, 03:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

BBc news report/video of the visit to Number 10

BBC
Old 06-21-2011, 03:40 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Philip - the longest-serving royal consort in British history ....

but this achievement will be overshadowed by the Queen's Diamond Jubilee...
Hasn't he been the longest serving consort for 2 years?
Old 06-21-2011, 04:32 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm not sure whether - or for how long - he has been the longest serving consort.

What interested me was the difference between "Diamond Jubilee" and a "mere" period of sixty plus years of looking after his wife.

I'm trying briefly to put myself into his shoes.....

Closed Thread