The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 12:59 PM
Aristocracy

The Queen has privately expressed concerns over Scottish independence

The Queen expresses concerns over Scottish independence - Toronto Political Buzz | Examiner.com

Old 06-01-2011, 05:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Sorry, but the Queen would NEVER divulge information she shares with her prime ministers, and especially not with her Private Secretary.

She is always extremely well briefed.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Today, June 1st, Queen Elizabeth attended an Investiture Ceremony at Buckingham Palace again:

** Pic ** gallery **

And she knighted Jerry Mataparae, Governor-General Designate of New Zealand in a private
ceremony.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages/daylife **
Old 06-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh my! the fashion designer looked like she messed up on her own hat, it looks as if a someone placed a feather duster atop her head!
Old 06-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Do you suppose it could be another Phillip Treacy concoction?? It is amazing how the Queen is able to keep a straight face... But perhaps she is used to it by now with her York granddaughters wearing silly hats!
Old 06-02-2011, 05:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to this report it was a Philip Treacy concoction.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...-creation.html

The dress was her own design.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Did HM find the woman under the "hat" ??
Old 06-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Administrator

Today, June 2nd, Queen Elizabeth received His Excellency the Ambassador of Burma, Mr. Kyaw Myo Htut (1),
His Excellency the Ambassador of France Mr. Bernard Emie (2) and presented The Queen's Medal for Music
to Dame Emma Kirkby (3) in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **
Old 06-02-2011, 05:27 PM
Heir Apparent

What a lovely pic of the Queen with Dame Emma Kirkby (3). She looks so happy to be presenting the medal to her.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
What a lovely pic of the Queen with Dame Emma Kirkby (3). She looks so happy to be presenting the medal to her.
What do you think of the dress? Personally I thought it a bit loud, however, HM always looks lovely, IMO.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:46 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Tomorrow is EPSOM DERBY DAY and there are not many in the country who dont wish HM to win her first Derby! The 3 year old colt Carlton House is a gift from Sheikh Mohammed, he and HM swapped horses and the Sheikh refused to take any money.

Carlton House, despite a last minute injury scare, seems to be fit and will go as favourite into the competition, ridden by Ryan Moore, trained by Sir Michael Stoute.

GOOD LUCK!

Gift horse can crown the Queen’s Derby dream - Other Sport - Sport - People.co.uk
THE DERBY 2011: Carlton House declared fit after injury scare | Mail Online
Old 06-03-2011, 07:43 AM
Majesty

BBC News - Queen and Prince Philip visit Isles of Scilly

Queen and Duke visit Isles of Scilly

Hundreds of people are expected to turn out to see the Queen
The Queen is visiting the Isles of Scilly later this morning, for the first time in nearly 45 years
Old 06-03-2011, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator

Oh lucky Queen! The Isles of Scilly are amazingly beautiful and peaceful, expecially if you venture to the smaller islands! They are part of the Duchy of Cornwall and if you're rich enough you can rent a cottage owned by the Duchy!
Old 06-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Administrator

Here are some pics of the visit to Isles of Scilly today, June 3rd:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga 1 ** belga 2 ** belga 3 **

** telegraph: Queen and Duke of Edinburgh visit Isles of Scilly **
Old 06-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Serene Highness

The Queen looks lovely and the bright colors are very nice but I have to say that I am NOT a fan of all the wild florals that have been chosen for her, too close to curtain and drapery fabric, imo. Some days her ensembles are lovely and others ... not so much.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
June 1st, Queen Elizabeth attended an Investiture Ceremony at Buckingham Palace and knighted the GGl Designate of New Zealand
Love both of The Queen's outfits, with their eye-popping colors- perfect for spring! Oh. My. Gosh. That makes Beatrice's hat look nice!
Quote:
Here are some pics of the visit to Isles of Scilly today, June 3rd
Love both outfits!
Quote:
Today, June 2nd, Queen Elizabeth received His Excellency the Ambassador of Burma, the Ambassador of France and presented The Queen's Medal for Music
Makes my head and eyes ache! ( the dress)
Old 06-04-2011, 01:24 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
The Queen looks lovely and the bright colors are very nice but I have to say that I am NOT a fan of all the wild florals that have been chosen for her, too close to curtain and drapery fabric, imo. Some days her ensembles are lovely and others ... not so much.
Personally I think she looks best in the solid colors. As you said, the patterns look too chintzy and in a way I think makes her look a bit dowdy. I've never been a fan of prints so maybe its just me. Although, the pattern she wore with the outfit in these pics, this ensemble does look good on her. The hat sets it off.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:24 AM
Aristocracy

Prince Philip's first love Osla Benning had an 'exquisite figure and loving nature' | Mail Online
Old 06-08-2011, 04:58 AM
Administrator

On May 26, the Duke of Edinburgh made a visit to Royal Air Force Kinloss where he also
attended a disbandment parade, Forres.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

On May 31, the Duke of Edinburgh as Patron of the Model Yachting Association, attended
the International Sailing Federation World Championships for the International One Metre
Class at West Kirby Sailing Club, Sandy Lane, Wirral.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** Duke of Edinburgh visits Wirral for model yachting world championships in West Kirby **

** gallery: Duke of Edinburgh visits West Kirby Sailing Club **

** BBC: In pictures: Royal visit for Wirral model yacht race **

Today, June 8, the Duke as Honorary Life Member of the Royal Aero Club of the United Kingdom
presented the Aero Club Cup to Mr. David Hempleman-Adams at Buckingham Palace.

** Pic ** belga gallery **
Old 06-09-2011, 04:28 AM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth met the Ambassador of Vietnam, Vu Quang Minh, at an audience at Buckingham Palace on June 8, 2011 in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **