The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lallettac View Post
A NEW BEAUTIFUL PHOTO FOR "GRANDMA ELIZABETH"!!
Queen Elizabeth goes riding with Prince Edward's children | Mail Online
Lovely picture.

Old 05-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Administrator

These photos remind me of that video with the Queen and her grandchildren riding. At the time it was William, Harry, Zara, Beatrice and Eugenie. Its good to see that she is continuing to do the same with James and Louise. Mainly because of her age, at the time of the earlier video Eugenie was a toddler so thats a good 20 years ago!

Old 05-11-2011, 01:46 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Shame about the DMs spelling, but the photos are lovely.

Dame Helen Mirren comes face to face with The Queen | Mail Online
Old 05-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
What a beautiful photo! They all look so lovely. A small detail but I love the way the Queen is holding the reign of James' pony, so attentive.
I loved that detail too!
Old 05-12-2011, 05:02 AM
Courtier

Please excuse my not being around much for the moment. I am currently at the Royal Windsor Horse Show each day [just about to get back to the show ground again in a few minutes] but have much to report in due course as the Queen and Prince Phillip are about. Her Majesty has also found time to visit all the trade stands and not just concentrate on the competitive events - this is a lovely bonus for those people 'just wandering about' to suddenly find the Queen in their midst.

See you all after the weekend, God willing

Alex
Old 05-12-2011, 09:17 AM
Heir Apparent

A new and rare pic of the Queen and Louise and her brother
BBC News - Family photograph marks Royal Windsor Horse Show
Old 05-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Gentry

I LOVE this photo! So nice to see the Wessex children. We rarely saw the Queen with William and Harry or Beatrice and Eugenie when they were small. It's nice to see such a "normal" family photo. I hope both children are in Zara's wedding in July.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
A new and rare pic of the Queen and Louise and her brother
BBC News - Family photograph marks Royal Windsor Horse Show
I like so much this picture of the Queen with her grandchildren.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:58 PM
Administrator

Please note that if 2 or more members of the BRF attend an event, that event is posted in http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-12331-27.html . Thus you will find the pictures of the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and the Duchess of Cornwall at the Royal Windsor Horse Trials that were posted earlier today.

In addition, per the Photo policy please do not post pictures directly on the Forums unless you have either permission to do so or own the copyright. You can find information on the Photo policy here http://www.theroyalforums.com/portal.php?page=faq.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 05-13-2011, 03:13 AM
Nobility

Looks like I wasn't the only one who looked at the Queen's handbag and said, "I want one of those!"

Sales of Queen's Launer handbag shoot up by 60%
Old 05-13-2011, 03:45 AM
Moderator Emeritus

QUEEN'S GOT A DERBY DREAM - mirror.co.uk

Carlton House was slashed to 6-4 favourite to give the Queen a historic first Derby victory as he blew away his opponents in York's Dante Stakes.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Horse that made the Queen yelp

It's the Queen’s life-long ambition to own a horse that wins the Derby. So few could blame her yesterday for yelping, yes yelping, with delight.

In her private quarters at Windsor Castle, decorum was thrown out of the window when the 85-year-old monarch’s horse Carlton House won at York – and was installed as clear favourite for next month’s Epsom classic.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:47 AM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth attending Day 3 of the Windsor Horse Show on May 13, 2011:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery ** belga ** daylife/gettyimages/reuters **
Old 05-13-2011, 11:36 AM
Majesty

This must be one of the few times the world has seen HM without her being perfectly tended to by a hairdresser
Old 05-13-2011, 02:19 PM
Heir Apparent

My thought as well. I had to look twice to make certain of what was abit off with HM's look!
Old 05-13-2011, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
My thought as well. I had to look twice to make certain of what was abit off with HM's look!
She looks FUZZY! (I'm sure it's the way the light reflects on her hair.)
Old 05-13-2011, 04:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
This must be one of the few times the world has seen HM without her being perfectly tended to by a hairdresser
I read a long time ago that HM styled her own hair. The only time it was done by a professional was when it was cut and permed. Can't cite anywhere.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diarist View Post
Just to clarify, if you are not allocated tickets in the way Gill has been, tickets for Trooping the Colour are available in a draw [lottery] and I think the maximum is two; more tickets are available for the two rehearsals, maximum of 4 I think...
Thanks for the advice Alex, but arrival time is out of my hands. As I'm going with a military group I suspect they will have it all timed off to a tee, as they get to organise this every year! I've had all the jargon about what we can/can't, should/should not, do /have/bring.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:54 AM
Courtier

Just got back from 5 days of fun at the Royal Windsor Horse Show. I have much to report, but it will have to wait a bit because work calls. However, I am delighted to report that the Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh were very much 'on form'. Yesterday [Sunday] The Duke was driving his carriage and took part in the display and parade......not bad for someone in his 90th year - some of his fellow competitors were young enough to be his grandchildren. The Queen was particulaly beautifully dressed on Saturday [Pink] and Sunday [pale bright green]. I've got some nice photographs. I have to say that although the RWHS is essentially a 'fun, private occasion for her', she nevertheless works hard at maintaining a very real presence and it is very touching to see staying so late - the Tattoo did not finish until well past 10.30pm on Saturday for example. I have to say that I am starting to feel very protective to her, I just want to say ' slow down, don't tire yourself too much, we need you' etc

Back soon

Alex
Old 05-16-2011, 08:50 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
It sounds like you had a grand time yourself.
As in photos I've see lately of the DoE, he still can live to the adage 'you're only as old as you feel" and I think his wife is right there with him.
Glad they had a grand weekend.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:15 PM
Courtier

It is the preview day and Royal Preview Evening and Charity Preview at Chelsea Flower Show tomorrow[Monday 23rd]. The Queen and Prince Phillip are expected, [together with various other royals: Probably the Prince of Wales, also The Countess of Wessex etc. Princess Michael usually rolls up with a minibus full of her friends who she artfully 'treats' to to the Royal review, although really it is up to the organisers, the Royal Horticultural Society, to invite non-royals to the Royal Preview.] I have the privilege to be attending the preview day and the Charity Reception, but expect to be kicked out for the duration of the Royal Visit, which falls in between the Preview and the Charity Reception. I will hopefully be able to observe from a distance though, even if it is only from the road as the Royals arrive.....

Alex

Closed Thread