The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillW View Post
I just wanted to share that I have received an invitation to attend the Birthday Parade (Trooping the Colour) at Horseguards Parade this year. I'm very excited & thrilled to be going - after standing in the Mall for several parades many years ago this is a wonderful event for me!
By the tone of your post, I gather congratulations are in order. But I don't know what I'm congratulating you about. Will you please educate this royalphile?

Old 05-03-2011, 11:30 AM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth has made a visit to the Newmarket Day Centre today, May 3rd:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

Old 05-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Courtier

I love that color on her.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:59 AM
Nobility

Back to work after the long weekend, just like everyone else!
She does look really good in blue, and I love that brooch.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Aristocracy

Love that hat! The style of it takes a few years off her I think :) Well done Your Majesty!
Old 05-03-2011, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincePatrick View Post
Love that hat! The style of it takes a few years off her I think :) Well done Your Majesty!
It is rather cheeky of HM isn't it?
Old 05-03-2011, 11:32 PM
Heir Apparent

I love to see the Queen so happy, and to see the people there so happy, but I do not like that outfit and hat!
Old 05-04-2011, 02:50 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Queen 'back to the daily grind' after Royal Wedding bank holiday | Mail Online

Four days ago she was the proud grandmother overseeing a wedding watched by two billion people.

But after the bank holiday it was back to the daily grind for the Queen today as she visited a famous horseracing town.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:43 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincePatrick View Post
The style of it takes a few years off her I think :)
Same thought that I had, I've checked the date twice in order not to make any
mistakes..

Here's another aticle about yesterday's event with great pics:

** Gallery: Hundreds gather to greet the Queen in Suffolk ** gallery **
Old 05-04-2011, 07:28 AM
Nobility

GillW, you wrote for tickets to the HQ Household Division or did you receive a personal invitation from the Palace? I will be seated in the stands too.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Nobility

The Queen has issues a message of condolence to the American president for the losses suffered in last week's storm outbreak in the South.

Of course, her son is supposed to visit the president at the White House today on a trip that had been arranged weeks ago, so he can express her condolences in person.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thena View Post
The Queen has issues a message of condolence to the American president for the losses suffered in last week's storm outbreak in the South.

Of course, her son is supposed to visit the president at the White House today on a trip that had been arranged weeks ago, so he can express her condolences in person.

That was so nice of The Queen to send condolences with Prince Charles.The press is very good here on Prince Charles visit. We are always happy to welcome Prince Charles.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElizabeth View Post
GillW, you wrote for tickets to the HQ Household Division or did you receive a personal invitation from the Palace? I will be seated in the stands too.
Neither actually. I work for a large NHS Trust, which has around 300 military reservists on the staff. I was nominated by a Director of the Trust to be one of the guests of the Military contact who helps with the co-ordination of the deployment of the reservists and their employment with us, in recognition of some recent important work I have been doing (and being aware that I am a keen Royal-watcher who would appreciate the opportunity - as I do!)
Old 05-05-2011, 03:20 AM
Administrator

Yesterday, May 4th, the Queen has received the Ambassador of the Slovak Republic
Miroslav Wlachovsky (1) and the Ambassador of Montenegro Ljubisa Stankovic (2)
at Buckingham Palace in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 05-05-2011, 03:47 AM
Courtier

Thanks for the pics, ice

Talk about major makeover
Old 05-05-2011, 05:39 AM
Aristocracy

In the Newmarket photos HM looks like Errol Flynn playing Robin Hood.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
By the tone of your post, I gather congratulations are in order. But I don't know what I'm congratulating you about. Will you please educate this royalphile?
There are very limited tickets available for the seats in Horseguards Parade each year for the royal ceremony known popularly as Trooping the Colour. People can apply for tickets (well in advance) but it's is not easy to get them. On the other hand, some organisations and groups have a small allocation (maybe 4 or 6) which it is in their power to use. I've been very lucky to be invited by one such group, through my work, to enjoy the event with my husband, this year. It is, I don't doubt, the only chance I will ever have to be there in person, for an event I have watched on TV for more years than I care to think and which at one time, for a few years, I visited to stand and wait for about 7 hours in the Mall, to witness just the ride-past & later the fly-past.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Dear Gill, you are not lucky, but rather you deserve the honor. You have worked hard to finally get the reward you deserve. Congratulations!
Old 05-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth during an investiture ceremony at Windsor Castle today, May 6, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **
Old 05-06-2011, 12:45 PM
Aristocracy

I'm curious about those investiture ceremonies. I know that in addition to the Queen, the Prince of Wales and maybe the Princess Royal do investiture ceremonies. But what I'm curious is whether the level of honor being presented is related to who is doing the presentation? In other words, does the Queen usually is the only one giving the higher honors, while the others give out lower-level honors? Or are they all about the same and it's only a matter of whose turn it is to do the ceremonies, schedule, etc?

Closed Thread