The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 08:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Lovely to see HM out and about on her birthday looking particularly fetching in a wonderful colour & unusual hat decoration.
Getty

85 facts you should know about the Queen :
Telegraph

Old 04-21-2011, 08:56 AM
Administrator

As a reminder, birthday wishes for the Queen should be posted here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...a-29623-3.html .

Thanks!

Zonk

Old 04-21-2011, 11:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C
85 facts you should know about the Queen :
Telegraph
Thanks for the link...I didn't know most of those facts
Old 04-21-2011, 09:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

They should do better research though - Savannah was born in 2010 not 2011.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:49 AM
Royal Highness

I didn't know the Queen is 5' 4".
Old 04-22-2011, 09:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
I didn't know the Queen is 5' 4".
I'm 5'3 and the two times I have met her in crowds she has seemed about my height so that sounds about right.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:15 PM
Aristocracy

Its St. George's Day and that means new appointments to the Order of the Garter.

New appointments to the Order of the Garter | Royal Insight
Old 04-26-2011, 11:32 AM
Administrator

Today, April 26, Queen Elizabeth has received the Prime Minister of New Zealand, John Key
and the Governor-General of Papua New Guinea, Michael Ogioin the White Room at Windsor
Castle.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga 1 ** belga 2 ** daylife/gettyimages **
Old 04-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip visited St John's College Cambridge in eastern England, on
April 27, 2011, to attend a lunch and reception to mark the 500th Anniversary of the College.

The Queen looked great again, especially the hat is really nice.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** gettyimages/daylife **

** Queen arrives in city - two days before royal wedding **

** Queen opening £82m Cambridge plant science laboratory **
Old 04-27-2011, 12:27 PM
Majesty

Good to see HM and the DoE continuing with their gruelliong schedule of public engagements.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:24 PM
Nobility

That first picture of the Queen standing there with people on either side waving their Union Jack flags is almost perfect! I especially love the appreciative smile on her face. If only the Duke of Edinburgh wasn't looking so awkward as he was getting out of the car...
Old 04-27-2011, 04:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, the DOE is almost 90! I am impressed he is still out and about! And you are right... perfect pic for a postcard!
Old 04-28-2011, 11:29 AM
Courtier

I just wanted to share that I have received an invitation to attend the Birthday Parade (Trooping the Colour) at Horseguards Parade this year. I'm very excited & thrilled to be going - after standing in the Mall for several parades many years ago this is a wonderful event for me!
Old 04-28-2011, 11:32 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillW View Post
I just wanted to share that I have received an invitation to attend the Birthday Parade (Trooping the Colour) at Horseguards Parade this year. I'm very excited & thrilled to be going - after standing in the Mall for several parades many years ago this is a wonderful event for me!
Wonderful! No doubt we will be looking to you to provide an indepth report on the brooches worn by HM on the day!!
Old 04-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillW View Post
Congratulations to you.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Congrats GillW! You definitly deserve it
Old 04-28-2011, 01:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I cannot think of anyone more deserving of this honor than you, dear Gill. Take lots of pics if you can, and Enjoy!!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:13 PM
Moderator Emeritus

The Queen takes a weekend for herself | Mail Online

Late this afternoon, as Buckingham Palace switches from the formal to the informal and prepares for a flamboyant post-wedding party, the Queen and Prince Philip will slip quietly away.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Wonderful! No doubt we will be looking to you to provide an indepth report on the brooches worn by HM on the day!!

I can do that now - HM always (since she stopped wearing uniform on the day) wears the insignia badge of the Brigade of Guards. It is a composite military insignia combining badges of Grenadier Guards, Coldstream Guards, Irish Guards, Scots Guards & Welsh Guards, inside a motto border topped by a crown.

And thank you for the kind remarks - I'll be sure to represent us all on the day!

Old 04-28-2011, 11:16 PM
Heir Apparent

As usual, you have already informed us of the insignia that HM will be wearing. I will be looking forward to seeing all that you have described.

You will be a wonderful representative for us, one and all. I for one, am grateful! You are a treasure.. imho.

Closed Thread