Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 22: August 2010-June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I Love it!! HM is just unbelievable.. No one can keep up with the likes of her, imho! :)

I just got my iPad. I think it was supposed to be the Queen's, as on the back it is engraved: Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense. I wonder if she'll get the really great applet for Facebook: Flipboard. When I first opened it - the Queen's picture was the first thing that came up (from the Court Circular Page).

@ Princess Kami- Maybe you did get the Queen's Ipad, but I doubt it, because hers would be going to BP, and it would be hard for the postman to not know where BP is!;):lol:
Why is The Queen getting an Ipad world news?

Slow news day? ;) there's a dailymail article about it.

@ Princess Kami- Maybe you did get the Queen's Ipad, but I doubt it, because hers would be going to BP, and it would be hard for the postman to not know where BP is!;):lol:
Why is The Queen getting an Ipad world news?

It shows that despite being 85 she is up to date with modern inventions.

It also shows other elderly people that it isn't impossible for them to keep up to date with technology.

So it is both informative and inspiring.

Don't know 100% for certain but looking around at BRF wedding dresses and such one place had a picture of the shoes HM wore with her wedding gown and it stated they were a size 5. I can remember think what tiny feet she has.

FEI An English size 5 is equiv. to North American size 7, so her feetsies are average sized.

Last edited:
FEI An English size 5 is equiv. to North American size 7, so her feetsies are average sized.

Duh! I should have known that. Thanks Kitty!

What a cute pic!
Somehow I knew that the Queen did not give up riding.:) Nice to see her doing something she loves with her grandkids.

This is a pony not a horse.

She isn't riding horses any more but that doesn't mean that she can't ride the less taxing ponies.

You can see copy->paste grandmother-> granddaughter look like :))
Definitely Louise is little version of the queen :)

Wonderful picture!! :) And how nice that the Queen has allowed that private pic to be published!

Yesterday, May 10, the Duke of Edinburgh as President of City and Guilds of London Institute,
presented the Prince Philip Medal during a ceremony at Buckingham Palace.

** Pic **

Today, May 11, the Queen and Duke of Edenburgh attended the The Royal Windsor Horse Show.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages/zimbio ** gettyimages **

Last edited:
They are both wonders. I probably won't be able to get out of a chair when I'm that age.

What a beautiful photo! They all look so lovely. A small detail but I love the way the Queen is holding the reign of James' pony, so attentive.

These photos remind me of that video with the Queen and her grandchildren riding. At the time it was William, Harry, Zara, Beatrice and Eugenie. Its good to see that she is continuing to do the same with James and Louise. Mainly because of her age, at the time of the earlier video Eugenie was a toddler so thats a good 20 years ago!

What a beautiful photo! They all look so lovely. A small detail but I love the way the Queen is holding the reign of James' pony, so attentive.
I loved that detail too!:flowers:

Please excuse my not being around much for the moment. I am currently at the Royal Windsor Horse Show each day [just about to get back to the show ground again in a few minutes] but have much to report in due course as the Queen and Prince Phillip are about. Her Majesty has also found time to visit all the trade stands and not just concentrate on the competitive events - this is a lovely bonus for those people 'just wandering about' to suddenly find the Queen in their midst.

See you all after the weekend, God willing

Alex

I LOVE this photo! So nice to see the Wessex children. We rarely saw the Queen with William and Harry or Beatrice and Eugenie when they were small. It's nice to see such a "normal" family photo. I hope both children are in Zara's wedding in July.

Please note that if 2 or more members of the BRF attend an event, that event is posted in http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...y-current-events-4-march-2007-a-12331-27.html . Thus you will find the pictures of the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and the Duchess of Cornwall at the Royal Windsor Horse Trials that were posted earlier today.

In addition, per the Photo policy please do not post pictures directly on the Forums unless you have either permission to do so or own the copyright. You can find information on the Photo policy here http://www.theroyalforums.com/portal.php?page=faq.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom