Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 22: August 2010-June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition, there seems to be another photo...is it of Charles or Phillip? Looks like Charles.

Yesterday, April 8, the Queen has attended investitures at Windsor Castle.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

And she just kept on drinking her coffee!

When he touched her, she just smiled and kept on drinking her coffee! Then she tactfully and quietly helped him to deal with all the silverware surrounding his place. :cool:

The Queen is fine again!

Yesterday, April 15, she attended the Newbury Races and looked healthy and
happy.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** zimbio ** isopix **

And Prince Philip was seen today, April 16, waving as a Roll-Royce car passed
in the grounds of Windsor Castle. The Rolls-Royce Enthusiasts' Club gathered to
show over 100 cars to mark the 90th birthday of the Prince.

** Pic ** gallery **

Last edited:
Wow amazing pics of the Queen. She looks so beautiful and happy:flowers:

That must have been a serious nosebleed for HM. to be forced to cancel an engagement! She is one tough lady... glad she is OK!
And of course happy at the races!;)
Love her outfit and hat too!

That must have been a serious nosebleed for HM. to be forced to cancel an engagement! She is one tough lady... glad she is OK!
And of course happy at the races!;)
Love her outfit and hat too!

This woman has stamina though.. she may have missed the service due to a nosebleed but did make it to the reception following the service. Not much is going to keep her down for long... that's for sure. Wish I could say the same!

There is no doubt in my mind that the Queen is a strong woman! And I guess she did not miss a whole engagement, just half! Not bad for almost 85!

Yesterday, she attended the races as well!

Queen Elizabeth at the Dubai Duty Free Weekend horseracing meet at Newbury
Racecourse on April 16, 2011 in Newbury, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages ** zimbio ** isopix **

She looks healthy and apparently happy. I'm glad she remains to attend to so many occasions. Her stamina and her wearing of apparel always impresses me and it leaves me wishing I could do and follow their way some more. I'm happy that she is happy, and I will wait only until her grandson is to wed and witness a life anew that she is to have bred. It's good to see she's fine. May you stay well for many more your Majesty. You are a lovely shining, shooting star. Bless you.

Love this photo! Radiant!
Love the stylish new outfit too, especially the color combo, the fabric, and the hat.
Love seeing HM in new outfits!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally agree on all three counts!! I could not have said it better..

Great to see The Queen doing something she enjoys - horseracing, rather than a duty.
She certainly has earned some pleasures for herself.

Apparently the Queen Mother had a long history of nosebleeds in her old age, and had to get her nose cauterized in 1999. I'm glad to see the Queen is fine! You can't keep her down for long!

She looks remarkably youthful for someone about to turn 85 in a few days time.

This woman has stamina though.. she may have missed the service due to a nosebleed but did make it to the reception following the service. Not much is going to keep her down for long... that's for sure. Wish I could say the same!

I only hope I can do as much as the Queen does, If I live to be her age. Oueen Elizabeth is a remarkable woman.

Last edited:
Yes, she is a real trooper, IMO. Mind you, 85 is not that old....

63 seems old to me, esp. when I try to do something! LOL

Yes, she is a real trooper, IMO. Mind you, 85 is not that old....

I'm not sure about that. Only around half of women of her generation in England have lived to see age 85. (And less than a fifth of men in England live to Philip's age.)

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip hosted a reception for the Order of Merit at
Windsor Castle on April 19, 2011 in Windsor.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Apparently the Queen Mother had a long history of nosebleeds in her old age, and had to get her nose cauterized in 1999. I'm glad to see the Queen is fine! You can't keep her down for long!

She looks remarkably youthful for someone about to turn 85 in a few days time.

Like the occasional bruising around the eyes that we see on both Philip and the Queen nosebleeds are also fairly common amongst older people as the capillaries in their face start to break more easily (actually throughout the body but more visible on the face). It is why older people appear to have a lot of bruises for which they can't account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom