Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 22: August 2010-June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ I agree. Her Majesty always look good but sometimes the hats she wears overwhelm her outfit

Can you imagine a hat in that particular fabric/design?

Nonetheless the Queen looks great.

HM Does have a matching hat for that coat, Zonk. It is complete with three matching buttons, as well, if I remember correctly. Sorry I am unable to provide a link to show you...

Are you serious? I need to see that :)

I like the hat, but the feathers are a bit much.

I am pretty sure...but now I am having doubts! Surely someone out there can come to my rescue with pics!

I am pretty sure...but now I am having doubts! Surely someone out there can come to my rescue with pics!

Ella Kay would know. I am going to check her blog and get back to you:flowers:

Bless you! *Is it possible that I am having a Senior moment?*

Oh. My.

Thanks Lillibetforever for the picture...I think:ermm:

I told you!! That is why I said I was happy that HM didn't wear the matching hat! My apologies that I said the hat had 3 buttons.. I guess I will be forgiven for that error. lol

My sincere thanks to you, Lillibet, for coming to my rescue. I am grateful. :)

Well I couldn't let you go about thinking you were having a "senior moment" about this particular hat! LOL! HM has many beautiful hats that are much more worthy of daydreaming about.

Queen Elizabeth has made her annual visit to The Sandringham Women's Institute, at West
Newton Church Hall, near Sandringham, Norfolk today, January 20, 2011. The Queen is a
member and President of Sandringham WI.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **
The 1st photo of belga gallery has The Queen and possibly her Lady in Waiting arriving by car.
Why is The Queen not sitting behind the driver, which is her usual car position?

I told you!! That is why I said I was happy that HM didn't wear the matching hat! My apologies that I said the hat had 3 buttons.. I guess I will be forgiven for that error. lol

I never thought you were having a senior moment.:flowers: I was just hoping that the designer didn't go the extra mile to make a hat to match that coat. :ohmy:

Yes but the hat has a matching button. I think it's fABOO! of course Russo could never get away with that sort of thing but HM is a different story.

HM can get away with just about Anything, imho... She is just unbelievable...

The 1st photo of belga gallery has The Queen and possibly her Lady in Waiting arriving by car.
Why is The Queen not sitting behind the driver, which is her usual car position?
#

The description of the photo says they are leaving, so perhaps the car was parked in the other direction? :)

Too bad they don't give a link to the photos of some of the talent he has designed... :(

Didn't he design the engagement ring he gave to Elizabeth? I know his mother gave him some stones and I am sure that I have read somewhere that he then designed the actual ring.

They don't want to show you photos as they want you to pay to see them for yourself.

Last edited:
Yes, he did design the ring.

Last edited by a moderator:
The DoE also designed a bracelet for HM for an occasion early in their marriage -- perhaps his wedding gift to her. I can't remember who executed the design, nor can I remember anything other than it was yellow gold with gemstones. Anyone have a photo?

Update: Boucheron made a gold, sapphire, diamond and ruby bracelet made by Boucheron to Prince Philip’s design. It was given to The Queen on their fifth wedding anniversary and incorporates the interlaced initials ‘E’ and ‘P’. I'm still unable to find a photo.

Last edited:
You have to admire HM and DoE for their commitment to their duty. I wonder if C&C will accompany HM to the CHOGM?

I'm going to assume no as the PoW will be covering anything needed for the Queen while she's traveling. Wouldn't it be a high security risk to have the Queen and the heir out of the country at the same time?

I'm going to assume no as the PoW will be covering anything needed for the Queen while she's traveling. Wouldn't it be a high security risk to have the Queen and the heir out of the country at the same time?

Not really.

They couldn't travel on the same planes (but that has been in since the mid-30s).

With the Queen out of the country Charles and William will probably serves as the nominated Counellors of State (of course William could be on duty as could Harry making the second CoS Andrew).

However Charles has accompanied the Queen to CHOGM once before, with Camilla.

If they were both out of the country and something happened, William would simply become King earlier than he would hope. It's not as if there aren't people ready and able to take over, with a line of succession that stretches into the 1000s of descendents of Queen Victoria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom