Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 22: August 2010-June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly as predicted!! I bet she doesn't learn and makes another unfortunate comment when she's ready for more publicity!!

Last edited by a moderator:
" I have enormous respect for her and what she does."If CC truly did, she would not have made remarks like that." I did not expect my remarks to go public". Well, what did you expect? You are a public figure.Too little, too late.Overall, very disrepectful woman. And too high on her horse.

Look at your flaws Miss Church, before you are critical of the Queen's. You have more of them.

You know, her comments were ridiculous and disrespectful, however, I do have to give CC credit for at least owning that she made the comments in the first place instead of trying to claim that she was misquoted entirely. She's entitled to her opinion, no matter how idiotic it might be.

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh attended a Sunday church service at
St Mary Magdalene church on the royal estate at Sandringham in Norfolk,
January 9, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

Well he isn't getting any younger, and he's busier than any man his age. I hope he's okay.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...e-philip-s-mystery-black-eye-115875-22838060/Prince Philip appears to be sporting a black eye as he arrives for church with the Queen at Sandringham yesterday.
But Prince Philip so often has these very dark circles around his eyes that you would think people wold be used to it by now & not jump to conclusions that he has had an accident. It's very hard to fins any photo of him without him appearing to have black eyes. It is mostly his normal appearance in the past few years as far as I can see. It's most obvious in daylight photos - seems less so in flash photography.

I agree. I am wondering if it isn't a vitamin deficiency.

When someone is working in the tourist-industry, it is absolutly normal to work, when other people have a holyday. I can't see a point in making a fuss about it - realy.
Kind greetings from Switzerland.

I didn't realise that working for the Queen at one of her homes qualified as working in the tourist industry.

:previous: I'd say they're working for Britain's greatest tourist attraction. :D

But I think it's a bit rough that staff at places not involved with the wedding are not being given the day off to celebrate with the rest of the country.

Last edited:
:previous: I'd say they're working for Britain's greatest tourist attraction. :D

But I think it's a bit rough that staff at places not involved with the wedding are not being given the day off to celebrate with the rest of the country.

I can see where places like Holyrood, Balmoral and such would be extremely busy around the time of the wedding. Many people traveling to the UK at that time may not wish to be among the hustle and bustle of the goings on in London itself but want to put a little "royal" into their day. As a future Kind and Queen Consort, these are places that will very much be involved in their lives.

I suspect only the people who are involved in "operating" the parts of royal residences that are open to the public will be having to work on the bank holiday. No doubt they will be provided leave in lieu. This is no different than those working in hopsitals, restaurants and the utilities.

I suspect only the people who are involved in "operating" the parts of royal residences that are open to the public will be having to work on the bank holiday. No doubt they will be provided leave in lieu. This is no different than those working in hopsitals, restaurants and the utilities.

Its a lot like being "on station" as William did for christmas day which I found touching. Its also been reported that they'll get a day in lieu. I wonder if they can pick that day. Personally we don't celebrate christmas so my hubby used to volunteer to work that day. His reason? No one needs to lose a loved one on their holiday.

I agree with you.. where you work and what you do does make a difference and I'm willing to bet those that do work that day at the different residences will really give them a meaningful tour and enjoy working where they are. As it is a bank holiday, I imagine too that the wages would reflect it too.

Last edited:

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip attended a church service at Hillington
Parish Church, Norfolk, Britain, January 16, 2011 - both in a great mood :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

They both look to be hale and hardy! I would love to know what the Duke is trying to describe with his hands held out to be So Big... The clergy seem to be much amused by him. lol

They both look to be hale and hardy! I would love to know what the Duke is trying to describe with his hands held out to be So Big... The clergy seem to be much amused by him. lol
With the DOE life is never dull. Is another of his " Oh Phillip" moments on the way perhaps?

Since when was the Duke's painting talent "hidden"? It's surely been well known for many years that he likes to paint and is not without some admirable ability!

Perhaps the way he describes "soooo... big" is the format of a pheasant or so which he shoot during one of his afternoons or so. It is known that he and The Queen are regularly "on hunt..." Lovely couple, two nice people, which I would like to see living for ever!!! And I say, both of them, I know there are people who are a bit against DoE, but I have met him three times now and I was impressed each time of his gentleness and the way he puts people completely at their ease.

I admire the DOE. And most of the time I love his sense of humor. I was not trying to be critical. I have never met him, but he does seem to have a way of putting people at ease. I admire that.

Perhaps the way he describes "soooo... big" is the format of a pheasant or so which he shoot during one of his afternoons or so. It is known that he and The Queen are regularly "on hunt..." Lovely couple, two nice people, which I would like to see living for ever!!! And I say, both of them, I know there are people who are a bit against DoE, but I have met him three times now and I was impressed each time of his gentleness and the way he puts people completely at their ease.

I asked elsewhere what the Duke was describing, the answer was making a cup of tea. But, why the hands making long and short movements?

Queen Elizabeth has made her annual visit to The Sandringham Women's Institute, at West
Newton Church Hall, near Sandringham, Norfolk today, January 20, 2011. The Queen is a
member and President of Sandringham WI.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

Elegant as always, but I am happy that HM chose not to wear the matching hat this time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom