Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 21: October 2009-August 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know HM has worn today's outfit (as at the Troop) before, but I can't trace the date or what the event was - anyone help out...?

I know HM has worn today's outfit (as at the Troop) before, but I can't trace the date or what the event was - anyone help out...?

Last time I'm aware of would be Day 4 of Ascot. (19/6/2009) :flowers:

Thank you for that - I had a mistake in my dates, but it's all sorted now. I don't recall this outfit being worn since then, however...

Last edited by a moderator:
No I checked, It has not been worn since Ascot.

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip attended the Harcourt Developments
Queen's Cup of the Guards Polo Club, June 13, 2010.

The pics of the Queen being engrossed in the match are priceless :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** ppe gallery **

The pics of the Queen being engrossed in the match are priceless :)
PPE, right now, has that picture of the Queen all riled up right on its front page. Kind of awesome. :lol:

Hahaha...if you ask me, she shouldn't have been driving in the first place:eek:. :eek:Old people really should not be behind the wheel:lol::lol:.

Cheap shot at the Queen, Daily Mail. Generally they stay away from the Monarch.

iceflower, you doll, thanks again! I just love those pics. Does the forum still do picture of the month? This one has WIN written all over it.

Hahaha...if you ask me, she shouldn't have been driving in the first place:eek:. :eek:Old people really should not be behind the wheel:lol::lol:.

I find that last comment offensive.

There are many fine drivers over 80 and I have been in cars with many of them. The smileys don't remove the insult to older drivers but, in my opinion simply adds to it as you are also laughing at them.

iceflower, you doll, thanks again! I just love those pics. Does the forum still do picture of the month? This one has WIN written all over it.

I don't see it as a cheap shot at all. It was a factual article about the rights of the sovereign and the fact that she is above the law.

I don't see it as a cheap shot at all. It was a factual article about the rights of the sovereign and the fact that she is above the law.
I don't think the cheap shot remark was made about the article... it was about the no one over 80 should be allowed to drive jab. Which was a cheap shot!

I don't think the cheap shot remark was made about the article... it was about the no one over 80 should be allowed to drive jab. Which was a cheap shot!

But Princejohnny25 said

Referring to the fact that the Daily Mail usually stays away from the Monarch.

It was just reporting on something that was an actual fact, and she should be wearing her seatbelt, for her own safety. :)

If she is deemed fit enough to be in the driving seat for the kingdom, I am sure she is fit enough to drive!

To be fair to HM, many drivers of her generation have found it difficult to get into the habit of using their seatbelts. They learned to drive without them and it has only been in the last 25 years or so that using them has become mandatory. Plus I doubt if she drives herself often enough to get used to using them every time.

My own parents who are about a decade younger than HM had trouble when the law was changed here. But now they automatically buckle up.

I'll take HM behind the wheel any day of the week as opposed to the idiot kids in my neighborhood who run every stop sign they can whilst speeding. . . :bang:

I'll take HM behind the wheel any day of the week as opposed to the idiot kids in my neighborhood who run every stop sign they can whilst speeding. . . :bang:

I rarely agree with anything you say but on this occasion I do 200%. Give me careful older drivers any day.

Whoa!! Relax:D. The two faces was there because it was just a joke! I tease my 80 and 75 year old grandmas often about driving and I don't mean anything by it. So please don't find it offensive! I don't have a problem with the older crowd on the road...as long as their careful. I thought it was quite funny that the Queen was driving without her seatbelt:flowers:.

I don't know about the older drivers being the preferred ones because they cause accidents too:eek:! So sometimes they are just like the teenagers...at least where I'm from. If I have anything against the older drivers, which I don't, it would be drive faster..........But other than that I'm cool with it.

I agree with BMC...my father rarely remembers to put on his seatbelt simply because his generation didn't have too.

I'd gladly drive with the three people in my extended family who are 79 to 84 in age. They're old school, careful drivers.

Heston Blumenthal's royal feast: Chef to serve up one very unsavoury dish for the Queen | Mail Online

And it seems Heston Blumenthal has no intention of adapting his tried-and trusted methods for anyone - not even the Queen.
Tonight the three-Michelin-starred chef will serve the monarch a starter that looks like a bowl of fruit - but actually consists of sweetbreads and other assorted offal, including brains and, it is believed, testicles.

I've seen this dish done on one of Heston's programmes and the guests enjoyed it.

As a result, the Queen decided to invite the chef to cater for tonight's dinner, which she will pay for out of her own pocket.

Man he is spry and sharp for his age! Long Live Prince Philip!
Thanks Ice! :flowers:

Indeed he is, Russo, and still well-dressed, to boot! Here's to many more healthy years!

My thanks, as well, Ice. :)

Interesting. Any ideas why the Queen has decided to make an appearance at Wimbledon after all this time?

So glad to see the Queen back at Wimbledon after far too long an absence from the event - lovely to see her presented with a mini replica of the men and women's trophies before she left.

A: Thankyou Lumutqueen for this link

B: Lovely to see HM at Wimbeldon and to see the players so respectful. Good to see.

C: Re: the 7th photo down on this page where HM is walking past the crowd and they are all standing and taking her photo on their mobile phones rather than greeting, waving or trying to talk to her is rather a disappointing sign of the times,eh?!!! Personally, seeing that wall of people I wondered if HM finds it at all intimidating as it is a wall of people rather than people's happy faces?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom