Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 21: October 2009-August 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not surprised that he was tidying up a bit and probably muttering a few choice words about whoever had dropped the litter.

Quite right!

HM Queen Elisabeth will address the United Nations this summer.It has been over 50 years ago since she last had the honour,
or rather vice versa in this case....:)

RAF Marham 2nd Feb 2010

RAF Marham - MAYZ Marham Youth Zone

HM visiting the RAF station earlier this week - wearing another brooch from her late mother, for the first time. (Also posted in QEII Brooches thread)

Looks like a wonderful facility for young people...although I was rather bemused by the picture of what looks like a cage.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a wonderful facility for young people...although I was rather bemused by the picture of what looks like a cage.:)

Yes, it does look like a very strong cage. I wonder if it's to keep the youth IN or OUT. Does anyone know more about it?

[LEFT said:
ada[/LEFT];1048169]Yes, it does look like a very strong cage. I wonder if it's to keep the youth IN or OUT. Does anyone know more about it?

It's surrounding either a basketball or tennis court from the looks of it. You can see the court lines in the plaque unveiling picture. :lol:

A nice gallery there. I would also like to wish HM a Happy Accention day as well.

A nice gallery there. I would also like to wish HM a Happy Accention day as well.

I don't think she looks at as that but more the anniversary of the death of her beloved father.

Isn't HM usually at Sandringham on this date every year?

:previous:
Wonderful portraits, she was a truely beautiful young girl. :)

Spring is in the air - at least if you see the colourful Queen
and the wonderful flowers she got today:

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip at West Newton church on
the Sandringham estate, Norfolk, Britain - 07 February 2010

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Oh my, how lovely, smart, and chic HM looks! She never fails to impress me with how youthful she dresses and I just Love her boots! She is just an amazing woman...

Thank you Ice for these splendid photos.

You are most welcome, udyusa! :flowers: And as those pics were
so nice, more can be found here :** IBL gallery ** belga ** :)

Today the Queen has come back to London!

Queen Elizabeth II arrives at Kings Lynn Train station on her way
back to London at the end of her winter break on the Sandringham
Estate in Norfolk. February 8, 2010:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** IBL **

Does anybody know if the Queen used the royal train or a regular scheduled train like she did when she left for Sandringham in December?

It looks like a scheduled train.

Queen Elizabeth II receives the High Commissioner for Ghana Professor
Kwaku Danso-Boafo (pics 1 and 2) and the Ambassador of Iceland Mr.
Benedikt Jonssonas (pic 3) as they present their Credentials, Buckingham
Palace, February 09, 2010 in London, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Back to business as usual.... and looking refreshed and happy!

Back to business as usual.... and looking refreshed and happy!
And looking radiant in red. And here Russo is, half HM's age and blown out by a stupid cold. Wish I had HM's stamina!

Don't we all wish for her stamina!

Take care, Russo, and get well soon.

Ada. Sandringham is near King´s Lynn

Ah! Now I feel better, no sudden changes to the royal schedule.

Oh my, how lovely, smart, and chic HM looks! She never fails to impress me with how youthful she dresses and I just Love her boots! She is just an amazing woman...

Thank you Ice for these splendid photos.

HM seems to loving those boots this winter, and more recently the gold buttons --- fantastic!!

It looks like a scheduled train.

I hope HM is using the train service because it is an unusual treat for her personally and not because she feels obliged to do so. She has earnt her creature comforts and I don't think anyone would deny her.

Queen Elizabeth II meets the President of Armenia, Serge
Sargsyan, at Buckingham Palace, London, February 10,

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

Ministers ‘should hold meetings with Queen every month’ | News

Government ministers or leading civil servants should be forced to outline any economic concerns to the Queen each month to prevent a repeat of the credit crunch, it was suggested today.

A panel convened by the British Academy believes that Whitehall departments will remain vigilant to another crisis if ministers have to account for themselves to the monarch.

Queen Elizabeth II receives His Excellency the Ambassador of
Columbia, Mauricio Rodriguez-Munera (pic 1) and His Excellency
the High Commissioner for Zambia, Professor Roy Mukwena (pic 2)
as they presented their credentials at Buckingham Palace in London,
Thursday February 11, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

:previous:
Is anyone able to post a link to a really clear photo where its possible to work out which brooch is being worn on this pale blue dress, please?

I do hope so for your sake, Gill. Your collection of HM's brooches is priceless...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom