Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 21: October 2009-August 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good suggestion, joye! Hopefully Mr.Photographer will see this and do so...

This is a nice colour on HM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Elizabeth II boards a First Capital Connect train to depart from
Kings Cross Station in London, from where she travelled by scheduled
service to Kings Lynn in Norfolk. She will later travel onto Sandringham
where she will spend Christmas with her family, December 17, 2009

Nearly like any other elderly lady at the train station ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

:previous:
You could be there and never even notice HM!!

Iceflower Thanks so much for the pics. I know I shouldn't be surprised, what a wonderful effort by HM

I almost didn't believe the story about HM's commuter escapades because I first heard it on a satirical news program.

Good on her, though.

I think it is great that she was able to do this with a relative minimum of fuss & bother- it must be a special thing for her to be able to do the ordinary things we commoners take for granted!

Bet some of the commuters were in for a shock! :D
(Wish I was one of them!)

Pictures of HM on a commuter train have got to be the PR coup of the week. Well donne, BP PR team!

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Phillip at Church in
Sandringham, Britain - 20 December 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Glad to know the Queen is a lover of dark chocolate, just like me! Thanks for posting this article, it was interesting.

** Pic 2 ** is just wonderful, thankyou iceflower

:previous:Those boots ROCK!! :flowers: HM is proving she is still the Queen of Style!
Thanks for always giving us all of the great pictures iceflower!

haha, thanks for the photos iceflowers. Ive been wanting to see the Queen in her "high heeled" boots, its great~

You're welcome, ada, Lillibetforever and Princejohnny25 :flowers:
I actually had to look twice when seeing those boots, she's
really the best :D

:previous:Those boots ROCK!! :flowers: HM is proving she is still the Queen of Style!
Thanks for always giving us all of the great pictures iceflower!
I couldn't agree more Lillibetforever. And she needs them for all that snow. :snowman:

:nutcracker: Happy Christmas to everyone! :xmastree2:

I have often wondered if "those boots" are her riding boots worn when in uniform, for Trooping the Colour.

It was an excellent speech as always.

I thought is was rather mundane and really rather poorly given as there were way too many pauses which spoilt the flow of what she was saying. I have heard her read many far better speeches than this one. What makes it even worse is that is was recorded ages ago and all of those pauses could have been edited out so that it flowed. I had to watch it about five times to actually get all of it as the breaks were so long I lost concentration on what she was saying - which really wasn't all that much - thanks to the dedication of the servicemen (I agree but nothing unusual there), Commonwealth should talk about things (says that a lot - probably because she knows that the Commonwealth really isn't all that deep in many countries and has no real influence) - ummm - what else - nothing really - 2009 has been a difficult year - yep knew that.

Really rather a nothing speech about nothing.

This is the only speech that she writes herself and really she says nothing of any import.

It was an excellent speech as always.
Agreed. A really nice speech from the Queen. I like how they interjected footage of events within her speech and tied it in with what she was saying. Made it interesting.

I completely agree with Iluvbertie about the Queen's Christmas message and I really am rather annoyed at the format used for such an important message. She used to speak for a good 10 or 15 minutes to us directly in a nice setting in one of the palaces and now what with all the disjointed pauses and changes of footage her speech lasts just a few minutes. A montage of footage is fine for a longer documentary but for a five minute speech I want to see HM with her lovely christmas tree behind her in the palace with all the candles and things glowing so it feels Christmassy and abit more festive and more importantly feels like she's invited us in to her home to tell us of her thoughts. It's abit of a cheek really, bearing in mind I missed out on pudding to see her on the TV and they even changed the image at the end just as she was about to smile!! I saw Queen Beatrix's speech and there was lovely music, snow on the palace steps and the camara pans up to a palace window where QB is sitting waiting for us to join her in her office and it's abit more welcoming and cleverly done!

I wonder if the Queen wasn't feeling well or sth? She didn't seem like her usual self. Seemed to lack energy.

It's just come to my mind that ITN are responsible for filming (and presumably editing/formatting) the Queen's Christmas Message and being a more commercial broadcaster it is no surprise that they will have some influence over how the message comes across. But I do get what Opal is saying in that she seemed to lack energy (and a sense of festivity), which must surely be put down to the tv crew getting right on her nerves just as much as they have got on mine this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom