Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 21: October 2009-August 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the Queen will be quite entertained by Lady Gaga. I'm sure Prince Phillip will. ;)

I'm sure the Queen will be quite entertained by Lady Gaga. I'm sure Prince Phillip will. ;)

Especially Prince Philip's comments about the performance will
surely be very funny again ;) , it would be interesting to hear
them..:D

Investitures at Windsor Castle with the Queen, December 1st, 2009:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

I am especially in watch this show... I wonder if Lady Gaga will sing "Bad Romance" and the part "I'm a free b****, baby" lol

Pics 2.12.2009

Queen Elizabeth II as she visits Brasenose College on December 2,
2009 in Oxford, England. During the College's Quincentenary year,
there have been a number of events around the world to celebrate
the foundation. The last event of the celebratory year is this visit
by Queen Elizabeth II. During her day in Oxford the Queen also visited
the Ashmolean Museum.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** zimbio **

I am especially in watch this show... I wonder if Lady Gaga will sing "Bad Romance" and the part "I'm a free b****, baby" lol

I doubt she will sing that line, or that song to be quite honest. :)
The button hat has made another appearance, i'm quite glad.
She looked wonderful today. :flowers:

I doubt she will sing that line, or that song to be quite honest. :)
The button hat has made another appearance, i'm quite glad.
She looked wonderful today. :flowers:

I notice that since the last outing, the coat has thankfully lost the over fussy and unstylish blue frilled edge. Much better now and much more in the style of HM.

I notice that since the last outing, the coat has thankfully lost the over fussy and unstylish blue frilled edge. Much better now and much more in the style of HM.

:previous:That's what it is!! I kept staring at HM's outfit in the photo's and thinking "What is different?" Thanks Gill for saving me from doing this... :bang:

I thank you as well, Gill. I stared and stared and still couldn't figure it out! Leave it to you to figure it out with your sharp eyes... My only complaint is I think the hat fabric is a little too fragile-looking to go with the nubby fabric of the coat. Who the heck am I to say something against the Queen's wardrobe? lol She is the epitome of fashion at her age or Anyone's age!

Investitures at Windsor Castle with the Queen, December 1st, 2009:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

I'm interested to see these pictures and wonder how you can find them when nothing came up on Belga for me? Am I doing something wrong?

I'm interested to see these pictures and wonder how you can find them when nothing came up on Belga for me? Am I doing something wrong?

Try this...
BelgaPicture - Category details

I have found that sometimes you need to erase anything after the .html from the address that opens for some links. In this case I need to remove the ?page=1 and presto!

Shr's really getting her money's worth from the blue tweed outfit isn't it. And a good thing too, it's a cracker.

Shr's really getting her money's worth from the blue tweed outfit isn't it. And a good thing too, it's a cracker.

Well, this outfit is only on it's third public outing, and some others have been seen many more times than that, so hopefully we have a number of future wearings to look forward too. :flowers:

Well, this outfit is only on it's third public outing, and some others have been seen many more times than that, so hopefully we have a number of future wearings to look forward too. :flowers:

Quite right. The Windsors are all avid recyclers, and HM has the advabntage of having a wardrobe large enough for her clothes not to be too visibly recycled.

I read somewhere, that each year The Queen is given a specially woven bolt of tweed . So I expect that some winter outfits would be made up, from the annual gift.
I often play a game, and try to guess which outfit is from the tweed gift.

This is sad that I know this, but its the fourth outing actually... but why not, it's a good look. I just hope the remembrance day purple gets out of the closet again soon!

This is sad that I know this, but its the fourth outing actually... but why not, it's a good look. I just hope the remembrance day purple gets out of the closet again soon!

Oops - Have I missed something James? What four dates/events do you have for the pale blue tweed..? (Please):flowers:

Can we see your documents please, Your Majesty... Queen faces anti-terror checks every time she leaves UK

The Queen is to be forced to go through an identity check every time she flies into and out of Britain.
For the first time, Her Majesty will be compelled to give her full name, age, address, nationality, gender and place of birth to immigration officials, who will then check that she is not on a list of wanted terrorists.

Foreign heads of state, including US President Barack Obama, and other members of the Royal Family will also have to submit to the security checks under new border controls, called e-Borders.

All passengers are checked against terrorist and criminal watch lists, and the computer analyses travel patterns to highlight suspicious movements.

The four times the blue tweed outfit has been worn:
* Commonwealth Observance
* Easter Day
* Visit to a Scottish Regiment
* Visit to Oxford

The four times the blue tweed outfit has been worn:
* Commonwealth Observance
* Easter Day
* Visit to a Scottish Regiment
* Visit to Oxford

Hmmm....It's the Scottish regiment I visit I can't trace - can I trouble you for a date of that please?

Did anyone else notice how the buttons on HM hat were switched after the ensemble was re-designed? Interesting bit of trivia, I thought. :)

Thank you for the photos showing the "switch", lumut! The outfit is so much smarter and chic with the new design, imho. Simply stunning....

I believe this is the visit you're looking for -- it was on September 12, the same day as Lord Frederick Windsor's wedding. :flowers:

That's very odd as I was well aware of that visit happening, and the clash of a Saturday offical engagement (extremely rare) with the family wedding, and yet it is not in my database - can't understand that at all, unless I've accidentally erased it! Many thanks for your help on filling in the gap!

Glad to be of help, Gill! I think that event got sort of buried under the wedding coverage that weekend.

Gill - even revered fonts of knowledge have occasional slip ups. We won't mention it again ;-))

I find it odd that the buttons were moved about on the hat - I mean - why bother! THe outfit is much better without the frill though.

Gill - even revered fonts of knowledge have occasional slip ups. We won't mention it again ;-))

I find it odd that the buttons were moved about on the hat - I mean - why bother! THe outfit is much better without the frill though.

Thank you James - I'll try to live up to my reputation in future!

I do think the new arrangement of buttons is slightly better, but I hadn't noticed it. I would love to know why they bothered however! Probably just part of general upgrade to the outfit, I expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom