Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 21: October 2009-August 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, joye! Your information is appreciated. I wish it could be a closer photo of the brooch and I am happy that it was shown.

Prince William, who is due to visit Australia and New Zealand in January, has been asked to make a side trip - to a South Pacific jungle to greet a tribe who worship his grandfather, Prince Philip, as a God.

The second in line to the throne will be making a flying five-day visit to Auckland, Sydney and Melbourne, but the Yaohnanen tribe on the island of Tanna, have put out an invite for him to add a couple of days to his itinerary so they can lay on a feast for him

Read more: Heir to the tribe: South Pacific tribe who worship the Duke of Edinburgh want to meet Prince William | Mail Online

How wonderfully sweet, has Prince Phillip ever visited this island? :)
I hoep he goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should that go in the Prince William and Prince Harry sub-forum?

(The Prince Philip Movement is also interesting to follow!)

I also read that the people want Prince Philip to go and live with them.

Good luck! Only in their dreams....

Pics 10.11.2009

Queen Elizabeth II talks with Australian Trooper Mark Donaldson
VC, during a private audience at Windsor Castle, west of London,
on November 10, 2009. Mark Donaldson is the first SAS Australian
soldier to receive the Victoria Cross in 40 years, for his brave
action on September 2nd 2008, while serving in Afghanistan.

------> Pic

And the Queen attended Investitures at Windsor Castle today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Pics 12.11.2009

Queen Elizabeth II holds an audience with the NATO Secretary-
General, Anders Fogh Rasmussen, inside Buckingham Palace,
London, November 12, 2009.

A lovely Christmas green ;):)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Channel 4 will be showing a 3D film of the Queen's coronation! This is awesome...I can only hope it will be shown in the states at one point. Word is that when the Queen heard they had found the footage that she invited the filmmakers (now in their 80's) to come shoot some more footage! Very very very cool.

The film contains 17 minutes of previously unseen footage:
The film shows the Queen traveling to and from Westminster Abbey, a trip to the Derby at Epson, and footage of the Queen and Prince Philip on the Royal Barge after she was crowned.

Channel 4 will be showing a 3D film of the Queen's coronation! This is awesome...I can only hope it will be shown in the states at one point. Word is that when the Queen heard they had found the footage that she invited the filmmakers (now in their 80's) to come shoot some more footage! Very very very cool.

The film shows the Queen traveling to and from Westminster Abbey, a trip to the Derby at Epson, and footage of the Queen and Prince Philip on the Royal Barge after she was crowned.

Thanks for the heads up! I would kill to see such footage! (Although I doubt it's coming stateside.. :( Really nice for HM to encourage such filming, though... keeps the monarchy alive in people's eyes, IMO...

Pics 13.11.2009

The Queen confers the honour of Knighthood upon His Excellency
Sir Frank Kabui, Governor-General of Solomon Islands and invests
him with the insignia of a GCMG and attends Investitures at
Buckingham Palace, London, November 13, 2009:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

:previous:
HM seems to be quite enjoying this Investiture. In pics 2, 3 and 4 she appears to be happily chattering away.
The recipients all look rather chuffed too. Sweet. :)

Wife of murdered headteacher Philip Lawrence collects MBE for charity work with young people

The widow of murdered headteacher Philip Lawrence received an MBE today from the Queen for her charity work with young people and hailed the honour as an 'appropriate memorial' to her husband.

Despite admitting that the occasion was, 'bittersweet', Frances Lawrence insisted that she 'hoped for the best' for her husband's killer when he is eventually released.
Mr Lawrence was 48 when he was stabbed as he tried to intervene in a scuffle outside the gates of his London school in 1995.

As the Queen today presented her with the award in recognition of her charity work, she told Mrs Lawrence that she too felt it was a fitting tribute to her husband's own work with young people.

Queen Elizabeth II holds an audience with the NATO Secretary-
General, Anders Fogh Rasmussen, inside Buckingham Palace,
London, November 12, 2009.

A lovely Christmas green ;):)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

She does look wonderful, Anders looked delighted to meet the Queen. :flowers:

That sounds wonderful, it would be absolutely unique to see. :flowers:

:previous: 2012 will certainly be a year to remember with the Olympics AND Diamond Jubilee! :royalstandard: :)

A Labour candidate has been forced to apologise after describing the Queen as 'vermin' and a 'parasite'.
Peter White, who is standing in next year's local elections, posted the republican diatribe on the social networking site Facebook.
His offensive outburst came as he expressed his opposition to a campaign launched last week by Tory MP Andrew Rosindell to have the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, in 2012, declared a public holiday.

:eek::eek::bang::bang:
How shocking and totally disrespectful. I don't understand who anyone could ever think that let alone say it.
I applaud Andrew Rosindell for suggesting her diamond jubilee to be a public holiday. :)

Nick Clegg today issues a call for this week's Queen's Speech to be scrapped and replaced by an emergency programme of reform designed to "clean up politics once and for all".
Thats one of the most pathetic things I have ever heard. How stupid of him to even suggest something like that.

A Labour candidate has been forced to apologise after describing the Queen as 'vermin' and a 'parasite'.
Peter White, who is standing in next year's local elections, posted the republican diatribe on the social networking site Facebook.
His offensive outburst came as he expressed his opposition to a campaign launched last week by Tory MP Andrew Rosindell to have the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, in 2012, declared a public holiday.

:eek:
That was completely uncalled for. The Queen didn't deserve it and shame on him!!

Holy Schnikies! :eek: What's his beef? Is he trying to create waves by saying thing thinking people will remember him and vote for him? Yikes!

That's one nasty remark. Candidates will just do about anything to get attention these days, won't they? What happened to the good old British class and reserve?

He came unstuck with that one, there are calls/moves to bar him from standing! :voodoo:

I have no problem with people who prefer republics rather than monarchies - some repulblics work well, some monarchies work well. However, I would not expect a proper, gentlemanly statesman or politician to make such crude and unacceptable remarks. It is not the Queen's fault that she was born into a position of priviledge or power - at least she has used her position to the best of her capabilities as a monarch and has, to my mind, not abused her position. If the person in question wishes to promote the idea of having a republic, them he is surely going about it the wrong way and has hardly endeared himself to such a cause. Any view that is not expressed in a measured, intelligent and considered way in invalid as far as i am concerned!
As for cancelling the Queen's Speech, I'm afraid Mr Clegg needs to remember that just because an election is due next year, it does not mean the procedures of parliament should be changed.

I don't get it. It's one thing to be against the monarchy -- anyone's entitled to that belief. But to insult The Queen so rudely? What in the world has she done to deserve that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom