Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 21: October 2009-August 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics 2.11.2009

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip meet guests at St James's
Palace in London for a Friends of the Elderly reception, Oct.
2nd, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

Her Majesty has something in common with Picasso at the moment, first the blue period, now the red...

:previous:

:lol: Well, I'm looking forward which ideas her designers will have in the upcoming weeks... Philip seems as if he had one of his witty moments in the third pic... ;)

Pic 3.11.2009

I'm just thankful she's not into cubism or fauvism. . . .

That's true :lol:

Prince Philip talks with United Nations (UN) Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon
at Windsor Castle, Berkshire, on November 3, 2009. Prince Philip is founder
of the Alliance of Religions and Conservation (ARC) and was hosting a
celebration event at the castle for 200 participants including leaders of
the world's faiths and secular organisations.

-------> Pic

Ooo, how very regal Her Majesty looks in her Royal purple ensemble! She just seems to be glowing in the latest photos of her attending events.

The BBC has been accused of double standards after it once again broadcast offensive comments about the Queen.
On the latest episode of Have I Got News For You, comedy actor and host Miranda Hart described the monarch and her husband as 'that Greek twit and his Kraut wife'.

:ermm: I find the comedian's use of satire quite amusing and would probably have had a good chuckle if I'd seen it.

Pics 4.11.2009

Queen Elizabeth II receives the Ambassador of Latvia Eduards Stiprais
(pic 1) and the Ambassador of Bulgaria Lyubomir Kyuchukov (pic 2) at
Buckingham Palace, London, November 4, 2009:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Wonderful photos of The Queen, having Ambassador's credentials presented. Where do you find them please?

I was referring to the use of satire, not the use of such words in general speech.:flowers:.

Pics 5.11.2009

Joye, they are from picture.belga.be! :)

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh talks to ex-members of the Auxiliary
Territorial Service outside Westminster Abbey at the official opening
of the Royal British Legion's Field of Remembrance on November 5,
2009 in London, England. Hundreds of small crosses bearing a poppy
have been planted in the Field of Remembrance to pay tribute to
British servicemen and women who have lost their lives in conflict.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** gettyimages **

Many thanks, Iceflower, most kind.
My 1st day in London, many years ago, was to be taken to Westminster and the Field of Poppy Crosses. A memorable time. I had just arrived after 6 weeks on a ship, and felt unsteady, but overjoyed to be seeing London sights at long last.

You are most welcome, joye! Six weeks, that sounds impressing
and not like a holiday cruise..

Queen Elizabeth II receives the President of Brazil, Luiz Inacio Lula
da Silva, during a reception at Buckingham Palace in London on
November 5, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

HM appears to be quite relaxed with the Brazilian President, they must get on well. :)
I've just noticed, in pic 2 he's greeting her warmly with both hands on hers.

Last edited:
Pics 6.11.2009

HM appears to be quite relaxed with the Brazilian President, they must get on well. :)

Well, they nearly are good old friends ;) the G20 London summit in
April, the state visit in 2006...;)

Today the Queen and Prince Philip are in Tyne and Wear, their visit
includes the openings of the Washington School, of the Great North
Museum and of the Newcastle City Library.

Here are some first colourful pics :):

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **belga **

These are very relaxed pictures. They seem to be having a great conversation. That shade of green looks beautiful on the Queen.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Where's Gill? HM was in a bright fushia with Eugenie and a lovely soft mint green with the Brazilian President. Funny how those colors made her look different. The soft green made her look very regal and soft, and the pink she just POPPED and looked like a lot of fun!

I'm just not sure I like the Queen's brooch this time... But I loved the color on her!

It's intriguing, isn't it? That soft green is such a sedate colour, and the fushia pink is fun and girly.

Where's Gill? HM was in a bright fushia with Eugenie and a lovely soft mint green with the Brazilian President. Funny how those colors made her look different. The soft green made her look very regal and soft, and the pink she just POPPED and looked like a lot of fun!

It's OK, I'm here - just had a busy day yesterday (out an exciting awards dinner till nearly midnight - not a common thing in my life!!) I loved the pink but I thought the hat was a little dated. The gold brooch from the event is not often worn and is another that appears only 2 or 3 times in the average year - this is only the 2nd time this year. Not one of my favourites - I prefer lots of sparkle!
:flowers:

I'm just not sure I like the Queen's brooch this time... But I loved the color on her![/QUOTE

This brooch was a wedding present [1947] from The Jewellers and Silversmiths of Great Britain. Gift no. 907.
My contact there was pleased I could post a photo of The Queen wearing their gift, as they never had a photo of the brooch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom