Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 21: October 2009-August 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
UKQueenElizabethII.jpg

Welcome to part 22 of the current events of the

Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh

commencing October 2009

Part 21 covering the period March 2009 to October 2009 can be found
here

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics 22.10.2009

Queen Elizabeth II is presented with credentials from the Ambassador
of Panama, Gilberto Arias (pic 1) and the Ambassador of the Democratic
Republic of the Congo, Dr. Barnabe Kikaya (pic 2), at Buckingham Palace,
London, October 22, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

GillW will be most displeased. More blue from the Queen. Heheheheh.

Yes, but Gill will be excited to see the whopper emerald brooch HM is sporting! :)

GillW will be most displeased. More blue from the Queen. Heheheheh.

..but at least the Blue Dahlia brooch gets an airing - not seen that one for a few months, so, hey ho, I'll just wait for another day!

Pics 23.10.2009

Guess what's the colour today....:D but I feel it never gets boring :)

Queen Elizabeth IIand Prince Philip visit the Gloucestershire College,
October 23, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **

After my much-talked-about disclosure last Wednesday that the Duke of Edinburgh had accompanied the Queen to the West End to see War Horse, I hear that the great man didn't have to venture out of his own home to be entertained last night

Duke of Edinburgh has X Factor - Telegraph

He certainly does, HRH gets my vote!:D

Guess what's the colour today....:D but I feel it never gets boring :)
....and the trend continues!

Thursday saw a visit to a school near Windsor, although the coverage was minimal and hard to find - but it was blue again!!

Maidenhead Advertiser Online - Queen leads commemoration of much-loved headmaster

Queen visits St John's Beaumont School on Independent Catholic News

PS - If there is anyone in the area of Windsor who has the local paper with a photo, I'd really appreciate a scan, or even a mailed copy... ;-)

Only You, GillW! Her Majesty never looks boring in her wonderful shades of blue.... :)

Just as an addition to the 'blue' issue, as a matter of interest, does anyone know how long HM has been wearing the same earrings and pearls for day wear?

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh visit Gloucester, England (23/10/2009).:)
The Queen wears the large rose brooch, from the Nizam's tiara on this engagement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just as an addition to the 'blue' issue, as a matter of interest, does anyone know how long HM has been wearing the same earrings and pearls for day wear?

The earrings will be the same each time, but the 3 strand pearls could be 1 of 3 pearls necklaces that are worn for daywear. Each looks almost the same.

Nine Faiths, One Vegan Lunch at Windsor Castle

On Tuesday November 3, His Royal Highness Prince Philip will host over 200 guests for lunch at Windsor Castle, the 900-year-old palace that serves as an official residence of his and Queen Elizabeth’s. But this lunch will be noticeably different from the roasted quail and crème fraîche typical of castle meals. Instead, the menu is entirely vegan and centered on seasonal, regionally sourced ingredients.

Queen Elizabeth II visits Newmarket Animal Health Trust on October 29, 2009 in Newmarket, England.
During her visit the Queen toured the new visitor's centre and saw a presentation on the work of the Cancer Centre.

Picture Gallery

Oh Gill, HM is in red and looks lovely. . . .:whistling:

Indeed she does... I love her brooch as well. May I ask which one it is?

Wouldn't it be great if she wore this outfit for Christmas service!:flowers:

I'll second that suggestion, though I fear she might attract some Santa Claus jokes! :lol:

HM has been wearing some very smart and colourful outfits in recent years, and she looks wonderful in them. For too long older ladies have worn drab outfits on the basis they thought they were too old for bright colours, but HM's example has put paid to that idea.

Oh for sure, Mermaid! Perhaps you could write to Her Majesty and suggest she do just that. flowers for you, as well. :)

I'll second that suggestion, though I fear she might attract some Santa Claus jokes! :lol:

HM has been wearing some very smart and colourful outfits in recent years, and she looks wonderful in them. For too long older ladies have worn drab outfits on the basis they thought they were too old for bright colours, but HM's example has put paid to that idea.
I think, because we tend to look "washed out" as we age, that HM is wearing those lovely bright colors. I think she looks lovely!

Indeed she does... I love her brooch as well. May I ask which one it is?

It's a modern gold, diamond and ruby spray - one she helped to design herself. Not worn too often - maybe a couple of times a year. You may remember it from the Kentucky Derby.

Thank you so much, GillW. Now that you mentioned it I do remember her wearing it at the Kentucky Derby. It is lovely but not one of my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom