Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 21: October 2009-August 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i've never thought that HM is a good public speaker. she just doesn't seem natural in spite of having done it for as long as she has. however, i think her annual message is sincere and it's always nice to hear what she has to say.

I enjoyed HM's Christmas message. I saw it in a place that had a decade in pictures for HM, and I remembered in 2002 she lost both her mother and sister. That was a rough year. Hopefully 2009 wasn't as bad. . . .

We we're opening presents when the Queen came on tv and we dropped everything and watched the speech, my dad even recorded it haha it was a great speech as usual well done Your Majesty!

Yes, that's the way I receive her messages as well. I think that she's an authentic person.

however, i think her annual message is sincere and it's always nice to hear what she has to say.

Yes, that's the way I receive her messages as well. I think that she's an authentic person.

:previous:I agree. I think that HM was very sober in this years Christmas message because the tone of the message was very serious. With the topics ranging from the terrible economy (world-wide) to war in Afghanistan I don't think that we would have wanted to see joviality in The Queen's delivery. I did feel that there was a bit too much of the outside clips cut into the speech... it made it all feel choppy. That was the production companies doing though.

I do have to say that I did enjoy the steel drum rendition of the Anthem. :)

:previous:I agree. I think that HM was very sober in this years Christmas message because the tone of the message was very serious. With the topics ranging from the terrible economy (world-wide) to war in Afghanistan I don't think that we would have wanted to see joviality in The Queen's delivery. I did feel that there was a bit too much of the outside clips cut into the speech... it made it all feel choppy. That was the production companies doing though.

I do have to say that I did enjoy the steel drum rendition of the Anthem. :)

She has final approval of the speech so it is exactly how she wants it to be - boring and a nothing speech rather than the uplifting one it could have been. It is NOT the production company's fault but hers.

This years speech seemed different, Her Majesty lacked something. :ermm:

Would she have had to get permission from the dead soldiers families to use the clip of all the coffins being brought thru WB?

It def wasn't up to her normal standard.

Would she have had to get permission from the dead soldiers families to use the clip of all the coffins being brought thru WB?

It def wasn't up to her normal standard.

I don't think so, more likely whoever shot the film in the first place. The BBC or ITV. :ermm:

I agree. If there was something to be happy about, then the Queen would have shown it in her delivery. Perhaps there were a few awkward pauses, but in the end it is about what she says. I don't see how what production company produces the speech makes a difference to it as Iluvbertie ponted out. I always thought the BBC dealt with these things.

I doubt that the heels on HM's boots are any higher than the shoes she normally walks in every single day. And I am quite certain that every step she takes has been thoroughly shoveled and de-iced before she ever steps out of the car. :) Plus they probably have little cleats that grab, guaranteeing that HM would never fall... *big grin*

We see the black boots again. :flowers:
Looking wonderful.

HM is watching where she is walking this time! Someone failed to shovel and de-ice...

That's not good. Luckily she didn't have a spill.

Hello wrote that the woman holding the bouquet in the fourth photo posted by iceflower is the Countess of Wessex. Can that be right? It doesn't look like her to me.

Hello wrote that the woman holding the bouquet in the fourth photo posted by iceflower is the Countess of Wessex. Can that be right? It doesn't look like her to me.
Yeah, it was not the CoW. She was there, I saw one photo of her but from the side, and she opted a big navy hat.

Thanks, HMQueenElizabethII! I thought it wasn't her -- it looks like Lady Susan Hussey to me, or maybe one of HM's other ladies-in-waiting.

Do you have a link to the photo of Sophie? I'd love to see that hat!

Yes indeed, the lady in the blue coat is certainly Lady Susan Hussey, the Queen's Lady-in-Waiting.

Pics 10.1.2010

Again pictured on their way to/from church:

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip attend Sandringham
Church Service, Norfolk, Britain - 10 January 2010

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

The boots again. :flowers:
Is the woman with Prince Phillip possible Camilla or a lady in waiting?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8459450.stm

"The UK's Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC) has launched an appeal for the earthquake victims in Haiti.
The umbrella organisation, which co-ordinates responses to major disasters overseas, has already received money from the Queen."

The Queen has also expressed her sympathy

"The government has offered £6.15m to the DEC appeal, while the Queen's donation was undisclosed.
In a short statement, the monarch said: "I'm deeply saddened to hear of the earthquake in Haiti with its huge loss of life and damage to homes and livelihoods.
"I offer my condolences and profound sympathy to all those affected."

The Queen plans a £300,000 cruise | Mail Online

While the Queen has been at great pains not to show extravagance over the past year during the recession, she is nevertheless going to allow herself a wee luxury this summer.

She is to relive her 80th birthday celebrations by chartering her favourite cruise ship, the Hebridean Princess, to sail through the Western Isles.

:previous:
How wonderful, Her Majesty deserves a treat. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom