Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 21: October 2009-August 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your reputation is intact, Gill. Rest assured! I rather like the new arrangement of the buttons as well. The upgrade is well done....

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip at the Royal Variety Performance
at Blackpool Opera House on December 7, 2009 in Blackpool, England:

** zimbio gallery **

The Queen is wearing a black gown for the Royal Variety Performance. I dont think I've ever seen the Queen wearing a black gown before. She is wearing it with the 3 strands of diamonds(what is this necklace called again) and I think, the Queen Mums earrings.

It is an unusual colour for her to wear and I must say she looks quite good in black. Perhaps she should wear it more often.

It is an unusual colour for her to wear and I must say she looks quite good in black. Perhaps she should wear it more often.

How amazing - a beautiful gown, but as I recall the Queen normally only ever wears black for mourning.

(I remember lots of "tutting" when Diana wore the original Emmanuel black gown on her first important evening event after her engagement.....)

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip at the Royal Variety Performance
at Blackpool Opera House on December 7, 2009 in Blackpool, England:

** zimbio gallery **

Another wearing of the diamond trefoil necklace, and her mothers's diamond flower earrings. Maybe they will become a fixture from now on.

:previous:She looks more like the Queen of Hearts from Alice's adventures in Wonderland.

one thing that stood out for mei in that photo was the obvious use of waht they used to call "rouuge" in my mothe's time. We call is blush. Who did her makeup on that onE?

An article of the Queen and the Duke at the Royal Variety.

I wonder what HM was thinking when she say Lady Gaga's outfit.

Royal Variety Performance goes GaGa as the Queen meets the Lady | Mail Online

Goodness, what I wouldn't give to have been privy to the private conversation between HM & DOE in the car on the way home after this "Variety" performance!! :ROFLMAO: Between Lady Gaga's homage to the red panda and Miley Cyrus' well I don't even know what to call it... I'm quite sure that there was plenty to discuss.

The Royal Variety Show has changed a lot, I wish the Queen would still wear a tiara to it. When did she stop doing that?

IMO, the Queen and Lady Gaga were in typical fabulous form! But Miley Cyrus, get it together girl! You are ridiculous.

The Royal Variety Show has changed a lot, I wish the Queen would still wear a tiara to it. When did she stop doing that?

IMO, the Queen and Lady Gaga were in typical fabulous form! But Miley Cyrus, get it together girl! You are ridiculous.

...... Bette Midler was there too. Wonder what she did?

Pics 8.12.2009

Queen Elizabeth receives the Ambassador of Uruguay Julio Moreira
(pic 1 and 2) and the Ambassador of the Republic of Kosovo Dr
Muhamet Hamiti (pic 3) at Buckingham Palace, London, December 8,

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Queen Elizabeth II attends a reception at Mansion House on December
8, 2009 in London, England. The Queen was at Mansion House to see a
performance by the London Symphony Orchestra and to present The
Queen's Medal for Music to Sir Colin Davis.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** zimbio **

:previous:
It's mini-skirt season I think. :lol:
She does look wonderful.

I know I wouldn't! HM looks simply glorious in her dress. Such a stunning and elegantly designed dress in a wondrous fabric and color.... Kudos to the designer.

I know I wouldn't! HM looks simply glorious in her dress. Such a stunning and elegantly designed dress in a wondrous fabric and color.... Kudos to the designer.
Agreed. And a good site better than that whatchamacallit thingummy that Lady Gaa-gaa was wearing.

:lol:

At least Lady Gag was wearing something... unlike Miley Cyrus who was barely wearing Anything and at the tender age of 17. Yuck. :(

Ditto udyusa! Miley Cyrus is just ridiculous. Lady Gaga has the talent and creativity to do whatever she wants if you ask me. I love me some Gaga. But Her Maj did look splendid in her black dress. What a lovely change.

Not sure I would describe HMs skirt as a mini-skirt!!!

It was just a mention to the trend of mini-skirts going around the royals. Shorter than what HM usually wears to an evening engagement. :)

At least Lady Gag was wearing something... unlike Miley Cyrus who was barely wearing Anything and at the tender age of 17. Yuck. :(

Absolutely! Miley is tacky and talentless IMHO. Lady Gaga on the other hand has enough talent to back-up her theatrics.

And I forgot to say the other day that I am in :heart1: with that black dress that HM wore to the performance. The subtle variations in the black pattern with just a touch of shimmer. Bravo!

Pics 10.12.2009

Queen Elizabeth II receives the Ambassador of the Czech Republic
Michael Zantovsky (pic 1) and the High Commissioner for South Africa
Doctor Zola Skweyiya at Buckingham Palace, London, December 10,
2009:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Thankyou, Iceflower, for these photos.
Always nice to see, b u t
I do wish The Queen could be photographed just once per session, front on, so we could see which brooch.
Mr Photographer how about it please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom