Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 20: March-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
UKQueenElizabethII.jpg

Welcome to part 21 of the current events of the

Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh

commencing March 2009

Part 20 covering the period October 2008 to March 2009 can be found here.

¤ ¤ ¤

And there's the standard! Ah! All is right with the world!
Carry on! :flowers:

Ahem, that's the Coat of Arms.

This is the Royal Standard
V

Attachments

• Royal Standard 160x80 bright.gif
    Royal Standard 160x80 bright.gif
    2.7 KB · Views: 1,628
Good move. In terms of a national budget, seven million pounds isn't a huge amount of money. But still, this is a sensitive move.:flowers:

.... true, even though the private jet would have saved money. In fact, in the recession, they may even be able to get a plane at a better price than in other times.

Yes, that's also true. It would be bad PR though, no matter what the facts of the case are.

.... true, even though the private jet would have saved money. In fact, in the recession, they may even be able to get a plane at a better price than in other times.

Last edited:
To interupt the G20 summit and its stories, I really hate the new Royal Website. You can not look back in the Court Circular, sometimes buttons do not work and other problems, I really prefered the old website, which was better.

To interupt the G20 summit and its stories, I really hate the new Royal Website. You can not look back in the Court Circular, sometimes buttons do not work and other problems, I really prefered the old website, which was better.

I agree with you on the court circular bit, i can never seem to get the diary of upcoming events to work right. And we've lost the mailbox and inight sections which were quite informative and fun. That being said there are ome really good bits of teh new website, and there is some good information on there such as "a day in the life of..." for most members of the family. That being said alot of the text has clearly just been copy and pasted from the old pages and there are still no pages for the York girls, wouldn't this have been agood chance to add some?

Pics 7.4.2009

Investitures at Windsor Castle with Queen Elizabeth on April 7, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Her Majesty looks quite lovely; that colour very much suits her. A grand lady; one who has risen above the horrid trials and tribulations of the land.

Suffice to say She is endowed with true grace.

I guess the 60th Anniversary is for the London Declaration :)
Wonderful outfits. Stunning for Her Majesty. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to play dress up with that wardrobe!

Not for another week, but mark your calendars...

The Press Association: Duke is longest serving consort

The Duke of Edinburgh becomes the longest serving consort in British history this month.
Philip will overtake the record of 57 years and 70 days set by Queen Charlotte, wife of King George III, on April 18.
He is already the oldest serving partner of a reigning monarch.

This one would have completly escaped me, Thanks Warren
I think The Duke of Edinburgh has done a wonderful job over these last 57 years, hopefully he'll still be around to help HM mark the Diamond Jubilee in 2012

In 2012, Prince Philip-the Duke of Edinburgh shall be 91 that year. Hopefully, he shall see his eldest grand daughter Miss Zara Philips compete in the 2012 olympics with the British Equestrian team.

:flowers:

Yes i am sorry to say that i don't much think of the Duke Of Edinburgh mikestones. But this certainly is one, i admire is so much for the man that he is, standing by Her Majesty, not making a fuss about his title. He is a wonderful man, jokes an all, :flowers:

May that he and the Queen live happy and healty for many years from now on!

Not only is the longest serving consort, but even at his age, one of the hardest working of the BRF. Last year he carried out 185 solo engagements plus the many with The Queen. Some days he does 5 or 6 solo, at age 88.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom