Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 20: March-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics 13.10.2009

You're welcome:flowers:

Queen Elizabeth II receives credentials from the new Ambassador of the
United States of America, Louis B Susman (pic 1), the Ambassador of the
Philippines, Antonio Lagdameo (pic 2) and receives some gentlemen on the
occasion of the 150th anniversary of the Canadian Grenadier Guards (pic 3)
Buckingham Palace, London, Oct. 13 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

Cannot believe she is still riding at her age, miracle woman. Thank you iceflower. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
On Monday there was a St James's Palace reception for the Cruse Bereavement Charity - a nice article and great photos are available here:
Cruse Grief Relief Appeal

Buckingham Palace did not comment, but said that indeed some clothes end up in private hands after being sold. Is such an auction of old clothes announced, because I really would like to have some clothes of The Queen.

Pics 15.10.2009

Queen Elizabeth II during an investiture ceremony at
Buckingham Palace in London , October 15, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

Buckingham Palace did not comment, but said that indeed some clothes end up in private hands after being sold. Is such an auction of old clothes announced, because I really would like to have some clothes of The Queen.

I have read that some royal clothes wind up at high-end London consignment shops, so you might try those places.

I admire the Queen's athleticism at 83; she must still be quite agile to ride astride.

People will storm those shops if that gets much-known ;)

Queen Elizabeth II hosts a reception for Overseas Chief Justices
at Buckingham Palace, London, October 15, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

The Duke of Edinburgh admires the winner of the Prince Philip Designers'
Prize, a pink Brompton fold-up bike, at a reception at Buckingham Palace,
London where the Prince Philip Designers' Prize was earlier presented,
October 15, 2009.

Last edited:
Pics 16.10.2009

That story of their private evening was really surprising and very
nice to hear, thanks for sharing the article link, queenofthelight!

The Queen and Prince Philip attended the official opening of the
UK Supreme Court in Westminster, London, October 16, 2009.

Pic 4 is really nice, with both of them smiling :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Beds/Bucks/Herts | Balloon boy gets note from Queen

A five-year-old boy from Buckinghamshire received a personal message from the Queen after she found a balloon he had released.

How sweet that is incredible beautiful. :)

That is such a wonderful picture of the couple smiling together, she looks beautiful in royal purple. :)

They can still get away with it, i hope it was a good performance. :)

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Beds/Bucks/Herts | Balloon boy gets note from Queen

A five-year-old boy from Buckinghamshire received a personal message from the Queen after she found a balloon he had released.

So cute. If you think about it, it's amazing that the Queen took the time in her busy schedule to get her assistant to look up the boy's address, and then to write him a personal letter.

Stories like this remind me why I truly respect the Queen. It's more than the fact that she is the monarch: I also think she is a genuinely good person. :)

Yes, indeed. I don't think that we'll see her like again.

Stories like this remind me why I truly respect the Queen. It's more than the fact that she is the monarch: I also think she is a genuinely good person. :)

Thats a sweet story! and glad they had a night out

Pics 20.10.2009

Queen Elizabeth II presents the Order of Merit to Former Canadian
Prime Minister Jean Chretien who is accompanied by wife Aline at
Buckingham Palace and holds an Investiture ceremony at Buckingham
Palace, London, on October 20, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages ** Pic 3 ** belga **

I'm still wondering why the Queen decided to give Jean Chretien the Order of Merit. (I'm not necessarily being negative about his accomplishments...I just wonder, why Jean Chretien?) He was known for his folksy charm...maybe it worked on the Queen. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I must admitt that I don't know much about Jean Chretien, but I
can't imagine that the Queen get's influenced by such simple things :D ;)

The Queen and Prince Philip attended another, very special event today:

Queen Elizabeth II accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh unveils a
portrait bust of Her Majesty by dead British sculptor Oscar Nemon
at the House of Lords in central London on October 20, 2009.

What is happening to HM's clothes? For her 6 most recent engagements, all in the last few days, she has worn various shades of blue! In addition, just during October, out of those few engagements she has worn the Cullinan V three times. Has someone lost the key to her wardrobe and jewel box? - maybe she is having to make do with just one section and the few jewels from her dressing table....?

It's all most unusual as she normally rings the changes quite well and keeps us interested with her variety.....but I'm fed up with seeing blue.

Can we please use the other end of the closet next outing?

:previous:Well I do think blue suits HM very well, I can understand people wanting to see other things in the wardrobe. .

Yes, indeed. I don't think that we'll see her like again.
Mermaid, I could not agree more. It will be a sad day when England (and the rest of the world) loses Elizabeth II. We will not see her equal again on the throne, at least in my lifetime.

Queen Elizabeth II presents the Order of Merit to Former Canadian
Prime Minister Jean Chretien who is accompanied by wife Aline at
Buckingham Palace and holds an Investiture ceremony at Buckingham
Palace, London, on October 20, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages ** Pic 3 ** belga **

May I ask please, why nothing comes up, in the belga pictures?

Mermaid, I could not agree more. It will be a sad day when England (and the rest of the world) loses Elizabeth II. We will not see her equal again on the throne, at least in my lifetime.

There is something really unique about Queen Elizabeth. It's hard not to admire her--she just somehow exemplifies what people seem to look for in a monarch--duty and kindness and self-sacrifice. She's going to be a really hard (if not impossible) act to follow for future monarchs.

You know, in a different way these were the same sentiments expressed over 100 years ago when Queen Victoria was nearing the end of her reign and life and look what happened - a different but also great king followed her. He did things his way and changed the monarchy in his own way and the monarchy was stronger at the end of his reign than it was at the beginning.

In the same way I believe that Charles will be a great king who will change the monarchy. He will be different but no necessarily a weaker monarch than the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom