Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 20: March-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a blow. My thoughts and prayers to his family and I am very glad HM had presented him the Cross while he was alive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Phillip lays a wreath during a memorial service in Nijmegen September 20, 2009.
It's good to see Prince Phillip representing Britain abroad. He looks like he enjoyed himself. I mistakenly thought Queen Elizabeth was going too though. Oh well.
Now we have Bermuda, Trinidad and Tobago to look forward to. Thanks for the heads up wbenson. :flowers:

Country villages are too full of commuters complains Duke of Edinburgh

The Duke of Edinburgh has delivered a damning assessment of country life, claiming villages are now simply populated by commuters and traditional shops have lost out to large retail centres.

Rural settlements have changed significantly from places where farm workers lived to providing second homes for those who are employed in towns and cities, the senior royal stated.

The Prince of Wales has also voiced similar concerns in the past, commenting
on the lack of affordable village housing for local people.

:previous:
I think he is completely right with what he says. City folk ruin a small country village, and local shops and so forth are loosing out big time for this. Well done to the DofE & Charles for highlighting the issue. :)

The Royal family traditionally spends much of the autumn and winter at the Queen's privately-owned estate, where freelance photographers follow them on an almost daily basis.
Snatched pictures of the Queen and other Royals out shooting on the estate have regularly appeared in newspapers for decades, but this is the first time the Queen has taken steps to warn off photographers.

Queen's lawyers move to ban paparazzi from Sandringham - Telegraph

I wonder if this is the result of the Edward photos?
-----------------------------
Holyrood’s corporate body (SPCB) approved the move and Alex Fergusson, the parliament’s presiding officer, has written to Buckingham Palace for permission.
However, it is likely that a photographic portrait rather than painting will be commissioned amid concern over costs.
A decision has yet to be taken over where the picture will hang, but some MSPs favour displaying it in the parliament’s foyer, where it could be viewed by the public

MSPs commission portrait of the Queen - Telegraph

I love how the article starts with the bishfires but ends with something we know the Queen adores - horse racing. For the non-Australian/New Zealanders out there the Melbourne Cup is the biggest horse race in Australia and it is always held on the first Tuesday in November (so usually the day before US elections due to the time difference). It is a public holiday in Melbourne and everywhere else the country stops to listen to or watch the cup.

Yeesh. I know where I'd throw that rug. Still, it's to the Queen's taste which is the main thing I suppose!

Pics 8.10.2009

Queen Elizabeth II talks with Excellency the High Commissioner of
India Mr Nalin Surie (pic 1) and shakes hands with His Excellency
the honourable Peter Underwood AC the Governor of Tasmania
(pic 2) during a private audience at Buckingham Palace, London,
October 8, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Her hair does seem a bit shorter.

Her hair looks just the same to me. Looks sophistacated as always. :flowers:

HM's hair looks very nice, I'm sure it's shorter

After the summer break the Queen has started quite busy again:

Queen Elizabeth II during a reception to mark the 50th anniversary
of the national bereavement charity Cruse, in St James's Palace,
London, October 8, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

Love the style and color of this outfit! It looks beautiful on her!

Oooh love the pics Ice! Thanks! :flowers: HM looks very STRONG in that outfit!

Pics 10.10.2009

Queen Elizabeth II and her Head Groom horseriding in Windsor,
Berkshire, Britain - October 10, 2009. The park looks very
lovely in autumn!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Well Bully for HM riding at her age! I wish her many more years of that simple pleasure! :flowers:
You're right Ice, it's lovely!

Simply marvellous. Thanks iceflower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom