Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 2: April-August 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HM in Canada

Windsorfan said:
I have read that The Queen and Prince Philip will visit Canada in May 2005 in 2 days.Do you know will The Queen has other visit in other foreign country next year?Every visit,don't need visit which has announced.

Her Majesty is the Queen of Canada so her visits to Canada are planned usually 2 years in advanced. It's been known that Her Majesty will come to Canada next may for some time, however, the trip will not be officially announced till next spring.

As for the Queen's other foreign trips they will most likely be announced in the throne speech later this year or some time next year. Due to security reasons we hear about trips at the last minute more often.

Do you know when will The Opening of Parliament open this year?I know that in Nov. but i don't know the date.

Windsorfan said:
Do you know when will The Opening of Parliament open this year?I know that in Nov. but i don't know the date.

i think so! but yes of course she will be there for parliament

HM Queen and her husband will go there every year for her speech

Sara Boyce

Windsorfan said:

this is what the official site said:

When does the State Opening of Parliament take place?

This session's State Opening took place on the 26 November 2003. The State Opening usually takes place in October or November on the first day of the new parliamentary session. We do not yet know the date of the State Opening in 2004. There is also be a State Opening shortly after a general election. See State Opening of Parliament FAQs. ( http://www.parliament.uk/faq/lords_stateopening.cfm )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom