Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 19: October 2008-March 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I agree. She also looks nice in heathered tones, her pretty tweeds and so on. I think that the worst colour I've seen her in was the burnt orange that she wore at the Millenium Dome the night of December 31, 1999, to January 1, 2000.:nonono:

I think Queen Elizabeth II looks the best good in pastels and white clothes.:)

Reading these posts and the links I find myself hoping that somehow the Queen and the D of E will somehow find a way to go on forever; I know that's not realistic, of course. It makes me wonder how much the RF will change when they are no longer here.

I know what you mean, and I try not to think about it too much.:ermm: I will have a sad day whenever the Duke or the Queen dies, whichever goes first.:cry:

Reading these posts and the links I find myself hoping that somehow the Queen and the D of E will somehow find a way to go on forever; I know that's not realistic, of course. It makes me wonder how much the RF will change when they are no longer here.

Pics 9.12.2008

Queen Elizabeth II during a reception for backbench MPs
at Buckingham Palace London, December 9, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

I think in additon to the elections, there may be the added concern about the costs of a state visit that BP must be cognizant of.

Or it could be the Queen and Prince Philip feel that at their age they don't want to do too many visits abroad.....

I was thinking about one poster from Australia who was mentioned that the Queen hadn't been there lately. I thought, "That's an awfully long trip for a lady of 82 years.":ermm:

Or it could be the Queen and Prince Philip feel that at their age they don't want to do too many visits abroad.....

I was thinking about one poster from Australia who was mentioned that the Queen hadn't been there lately. I thought, "That's an awfully long trip for a lady of 82 years.":ermm:
But she looks and acts FABULOUS!!! It's Prince Philip I'm worried about! :ermm:

Yes, I agree on both counts. Prince Philip is looking frail lately, at least in still photos. I haven't seen any video of him lately.:flowers:

Maybe there are some medical concern we do not know. The Queen is professional enough to look great no matter what, but a trip to Australia might still be too much for her and / or her husband.

The Duke's father, Prince Andrew of Greece, died at age 62 of heart failure. His mother, Princess Alice of Battenberg, died at 84.

He has outlived them both Hopefully that will bode well for the Line of Succession

Indeed! Very fun Madam! :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pic. QE is just fantastic!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics 12.12.2008

Thanks giov :flowers: My favourite pic of these had also been
included in that extra gallery :)

Queen Elizabeth II hands out MBEs at Windsor Castle, December 12

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Queen Elizabeth II reins in extravagance as credit crunch grips - Yahoo! News

Always concerned about staying in touch with her subjects, Queen Elizabeth II has invited the royal family to follow her example and tighten the purse strings during the financial downturn. The 82-year-old monarch has warned her grandsons Princes William, 26, and Harry, 24 -- third and fourth in line to the throne -- that all ostentatious signs of living it up would be inappropriate, according to newspapers.

Normally, etiquette demands that the queen never wears the same outfit twice.
Then she's been breaking that etiquette for quite a while.

The queen has not been completely spared by the credit crunch. Her dressmaker Hardy Amies and favoured porcelain maker Royal Worcester and Spode have both filed for administration.

Sorry! Need a translation for this Yankee on "filing for administration". :D

Along the lines of Chapter 11.

Sorry! Need a translation for this Yankee on "filing for administration"
Administration is a very powerful process for control, where a company is insolvent and facing serious threats from creditors. The Court may appoint a licensed insolvency practitioner as Administrator, this places a moratorium around the company and stops all legal actions,
Company Administration - A Guide :flowers:
------------------
X Factor judge Simon Cowell is more famous than God or the Queen, according to a survey of youngsters released today on National Kids' Day.
The TV personality rose from fifth place last year to knock The Queen off the top spot.

X Factor judge Simon Cowell bigger than God, say under-10s - mirror.co.uk

Queen Elizabeth II reins in extravagance as credit crunch grips - Yahoo! News

Always concerned about staying in touch with her subjects, Queen Elizabeth II has invited the royal family to follow her example and tighten the purse strings during the financial downturn. The 82-year-old monarch has warned her grandsons Princes William, 26, and Harry, 24 -- third and fourth in line to the throne -- that all ostentatious signs of living it up would be inappropriate, according to newspapers.

Then she's been breaking that etiquette for quite a while.

..Almost every day, in fact! She wears almost everything a number of times but is canny enough to spread out the appearances & vary the accessories & jewellery to distract attention. She is till wearing some outfits that first appeared 7 or 8 years ago - some more that that!

Can we start a new thread on the royal ladies recycling their outfits? Princess Anne and the Duchess of Cornwall have been reported in the press for doing it, they were critical, but now it's a good thing, so we'll see a lot more of it. I always wonder where I've seen a particular outfit before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom