The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 06:07 PM
Commoner

A couple photos of the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh. I think the picture of the Duke in the conga line shows him looking like a dead ringer for William.

Pictured: The Queen as you've never seen her before...wearing flares, floral blouse and a sun hat | Mail Online

Old 11-20-2008, 08:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh sweetpeaheidi Bully for you!! You will never forget this!

Old 11-20-2008, 11:12 PM
Gentry

Hello to all! I'm a longtime lurker and first time poster. I created a video tribute to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip in commemoration of their 61st wedding anniversary and I wanted to share it with you. The pictures used are for the most part only taken within the last year. Hope you enjoy it!
Old 11-21-2008, 12:01 AM
Courtier

Thankyou very much to lillibetforever Delightful collection of pics
Old 11-21-2008, 01:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Thanks for sharing the video, Lillibetforever, and welcome to the world of active posting!
Old 11-21-2008, 08:54 AM
Royal Highness

Queen awards Prime Minister Peres with highest honor.

News Summary Royalblog.nl: Queen awards Peres with highest honour
Old 11-21-2008, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Pics 21.11.2008

Businessman and philanthropist Samuel Ofer wearing glasses is accompanied
by his family as he receives an honorary Knighthood in recognition of his services
to UK maritime heritage from Britain's Queen Elizabeth II with the Duke of Edinburgh
right in attendance at Buckingham Palace in London, November 21, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 11-21-2008, 01:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary1966 View Post
A couple photos of the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh. I think the picture of the Duke in the conga line shows him looking like a dead ringer for William.

Pictured: The Queen as you've never seen her before...wearing flares, floral blouse and a sun hat | Mail Online

i love this photo...she looks amazing!
Old 11-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillibetforever View Post
Hello to all! I'm a longtime lurker and first time poster. I created a video tribute to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip in commemoration of their 61st wedding anniversary and I wanted to share it with you. The pictures used are for the most part only taken within the last year. Hope you enjoy it!
that is lovely! welcome to the board lillibetforever.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:58 PM
Royal Highness

Prince Philip Hands Over Patronage To Princess Anne

http://www.theroyalist.net/content/view/4145/1/
Old 11-21-2008, 07:30 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary1966 View Post

This picture reminds me of the story told about the time that the Queen and friends were picnicing on the beach and some tourists came running up and asked if they had heard the rumor that the Queen was on the beach somewhere. The Queen quickly replied... "Yes, we saw her! She went that way!" Pointing down the beach. The tourist took off running in the direction that she pointed to yelling back "Thanks!"
Oh someday's Its good to be the Queen!!
Old 11-22-2008, 01:06 AM
Aristocracy

I remember that story. Quite funny of the queen but imagine the poor tourist if he or she later found out that it had actually been the queen who'd pointed him in the wrong direction.

Anyway its a delightful photograph in that it captures the queen we dont normally see. And I have to say i quite like seeing the queen in trousers.

Old 11-22-2008, 06:03 AM
Royal Highness

Unseen pix of Queen in slacks and a young Philip to be auctioned
photos and news
HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!=

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/gale...as-casasreales
Old 11-22-2008, 03:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise27 View Post
I remember that story. Quite funny of the queen but imagine the poor tourist if he or she later found out that it had actually been the queen who'd pointed him in the wrong direction.
I have no sympathy for the tourist. They should have done their homework! I say Bully for HM!!!
Old 11-22-2008, 04:24 PM
Serene Highness

The lady in front of prince phillip in the black and white picture is Princess Marina.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
The lady in front of prince phillip in the black and white picture is Princess Marina.
Indeedy. Funny the press missed out on that one. It's nice to see Marina and Philip having such a good time together though. Must have made Philip quite nostalgic for the past to see the pics.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:13 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
I have no sympathy for the tourist. They should have done their homework! I say Bully for HM!!!
I guess, imagine coming face to face with the most famous woman in the world and not realizing it's her.

Old 11-23-2008, 03:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
Angela, how observant. Any guess what year, was he married then? Or was Princess Marina a friend of the Mountbattens.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:27 AM
Nobility

I believe they are cousins

Philip and Marina are both members of the Greek royal family
Old 11-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise27 View Post
I guess, imagine coming face to face with the most famous woman in the world and not realizing it's her.
I love another story they tell about when a lady spotted the Queen (not sure but I think it may have been at a WI meeting or something like that) and said to her majesty how much she looked like the queen, to which HM replied "How very reassuring"!!

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of edinburgh, prince philip, queen elizabeth, queen elizabeth ii