The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 08:01 AM
Majesty

Lovely pictures. HM looked very glamorous, and regal!

Old 11-18-2008, 08:19 AM
Royal Highness

Queen Elizabeth II is quite amused at premiere.
The Press Association: Queen is 'quite amused' at premiere

Queen Elizabeth II fighting back on the bad ecomony.
The Royalist - Bad Economy Heralds 'The Good Life' For The Queen

Old 11-18-2008, 10:36 AM
Courtier

She's really glamourous.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:08 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Veteran pros have royal audience for 'Bunch Of Amateurs' premiere

Old 11-18-2008, 06:23 PM
Courtier

How charming all thes pictures are !! And how good-looking are Queen Elisabeth and her Husband, Prince Philipp !!
The Queen's evening dress is lovely and her hairstyle seem to be a little bit changed, very flattering.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Queen Elizabeth II fighting back on the bad ecomony.
The Royalist - Bad Economy Heralds 'The Good Life' For The Queen
I would have thought that HM would have done this before. You get better quality when you grow your own. And she's got gardners there anyway.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thursday she and her Husband will be married 61 Years
Old 11-19-2008, 07:46 AM
Administrator

Pics 18.11.2008

Britain s Queen Elizabeth II during a reception at Buckingham
Palace in London for people working in Healthcare in the Uk,
November 18, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 11-19-2008, 12:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
I would have thought that HM would have done this before. You get better quality when you grow your own. And she's got gardners there anyway.
Indeed - the royal gardens at Balmoral are not just beautiful but productive too. I was there earlier this year, but I also visited several years ago and both times found there to be greenhouses and gardens full of beautiful vegetables & flowers, as well as orchards and soft fruit, so this is not new just "news" for journalists....
Old 11-19-2008, 04:51 PM
Administrator

Pics 19.11.2008

Queen Elizabeth II receives Kamela Palma on her appointment as the
High Commissioner for Belize (1), the Governor-General of St Lucia Dame
Pearlette Louisy (2) and the High Commissioner for Cameroon Mr Nkwelle
Ekaney (3) at Buckingham Palace London, November 19, 2008.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:17 PM
Commoner

Help!

I was a guest at the palace last night for the reception for those working in healthcare. I met HM twice and I cannot begin to tell you how fantastic the experience was.
I can't find pictures anywhere of last night apart from the 3 iceflower has posted. How did you find them and are there more anywhere? I know that photographers were there from the press association. Grateful for any help you can offer
- me last night! lol
Old 11-19-2008, 06:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

lol It must have been something if I Met her id be freaked out Congratulations!
Old 11-20-2008, 03:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeaheidi View Post
I was a guest at the palace last night for the reception for those working in healthcare. I met HM twice and I cannot begin to tell you how fantastic the experience was.
I can't find pictures anywhere of last night apart from the 3 iceflower has posted. How did you find them and are there more anywhere? I know that photographers were there from the press association. Grateful for any help you can offer
- me last night! lol
Congratulations on your invitation, from a fellow healthcare worker - who wasn't invited - It must have been wonderful and I'm glad you had a great time. (OK, I work FOR the NHS, but not clinically )
Old 11-20-2008, 06:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
- me last night! lol
Great to hear that you had the chance to meet the Queen

Here are three additional pics of the reception I was able to get:

Old 11-20-2008, 06:49 AM
Majesty

Quote:
- me last night! lol
Do tell us more about your trip to the palace. What time was thevent? How many people? Dd everybody get to see HM? Were any other members of the BRF present? What was th caterig like? How long did you have at the palace?
Old 11-20-2008, 11:28 AM
Commoner

Hi
thank you for the photos. Just a summary of my evening of which I am still reeling.
I received invite 5 weeks ago out of the blue, thickest white card I have ever seen!
Reception from 6-8pm, arrive between 5.15 and 5.50. So I arrived at 5.15, stoold outside palace (road closed off for event). Flag was flying which told me HM was home and then got really nervous. Entered through main gate, walked across quadrangle after ID checked to cnopy entrance then through main doors to reception hall. Turned left up stairs to throne room. WOW. Footmen everywhere with canapes (quails eggs, salmon) and drinks (water, apple, orange juice and champagne). Got name badge. Ladies in waiting there chatted to Annabel Whitehead who used to be Princess Margarets LIW she told me. She was genuinely lovely and said how all letters are answered if you write. I took some piccies on my phone of toilets! Not allowed but I had to. Then went back in saw Duke of Kent and Gloucesters. we had been told to hold onto yellow security passes with our names on. Then asked to move to the left of throne room, handed card to equerry who called out my name, I looked up and HM was standing there in blue outfit. I had no idea I would be presented and no time to be nervous. I walked over she shook my hand and said hello, I curtsied and said hello.She was smiling and looked me staright in the eyes as if expecting me to say something. I couldn't and scuttled off into music room, where equerry let me play piano YES REALLY. Hands were shaking. Then back into throne room and I stood chatting to Alan Farthing and Roger Vickers (royal surgeons) then equerry came over and said Her Majesty would like to join you. GULP. Over she came was introduced again and do you know what? She was lovely, funny and looked really interested. She asked what I did (nurse) and she said oh I have met another 2 nurses who work in your field tonight. Do you all know each other? I said no but Mr Vickers did look after me when I hurt my back in 1983 and she laughed. Then chatted to Mr Vickers and she was so relaxed, then wagged her finger at us and said don't get talking about work! I was shaking literally. More canapes, then met another royal lady - and to my shame have no idea who she was - she was wonderful, she said she knew Cicely Saunders and laid a stone at the first hospice in UK. Either Duchess of Gloucester or Princess Alexandra. I chatted to footmen and asked if they watch I'm a celeb as qualis eggs looked like bushtucker challenge, they laughed and said they did. Gorgeous lemon tarts and chocolates after, then off home. Left around 20:30. The most amazing night....
Old 11-20-2008, 11:31 AM
Commoner

sorry around 300 people, and yes she met every single one of us. We were all nominated by strategic health authorities.HM appeared tiny but with most amazing sparkly eyes and genuine interest in us all.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:49 AM
Administrator

Pics 20.11.2008

You are welcome

Britain's Queen Elizabeth receives Israel's President Shimon Peres at
Buckingham Palace, in central London November 20, 2008. During the
meeting the Queen presented him with the order of St Michael and
St George. The Queen also met Ruth Rouse on her appointment as
High Commissioner for Grenada (Pic 4)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Old 11-20-2008, 01:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
sorry around 300 people, and yes she met every single one of us. We were all nominated by strategic health authorities.HM appeared tiny but with most amazing sparkly eyes and genuine interest in us all.
Thank you for all that lovely detail so that we can share your joy and excitement. I'm so thrilled for you. Your Trust must really appreciate & value your hard work to have nominated you, so congratulations again.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:43 PM
Majesty

That's what amazes me about HM. She's so interested in the people she meets, as is the Duke. I saw her a couple of times, and her friendliness and enthusiasm for people really impressed me.

Quote:

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of edinburgh, prince philip, queen elizabeth, queen elizabeth ii