The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 01:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Speaking on an American talk show, she said his role as the Queen's husband was in effect the same as that of the wife of a US president.

Cherie Blair: Duke of Edinburgh is 'the First Lady of Britain' - Telegraph
------------

Old 01-16-2009, 01:25 PM
Majesty

Wnder how kindly the DoE might react to the analogy? Could it go something along the following lines: "That bloody woman can't open her mouth without putting her foot in it, can she, Cabbage?"

Old 01-17-2009, 07:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Could have been.... Who?????
Old 01-17-2009, 08:03 AM
Nobility

really fanny DOE is the first lady !!!
i think he should joing the 'first ladys's association '
this women always give some 'gaga' comments
Old 01-18-2009, 12:07 PM
Administrator

Pics 18.1.2009

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip attend a service at
Castle Rising Church, Sandringham, Norfolk - 18 Jan 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 01-18-2009, 08:06 PM
Aristocracy

The queen looks lovely, as always.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:58 AM
Administrator

Pics 17.1.2009

Prince Philip on a Pheasant Shoot, Sandringham Estate,
Norfolk, Britain - 17 Jan 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 01-19-2009, 06:11 AM
Nobility

In June, I am invited by the Belgian ambassador in London to the Opening Day of Royal Ascot in the Royal Enclosure. Is anyone familiar with the business there. Do you think it is possible to see or speak to The Queen and other members of the Royal Family.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:00 PM
Courtier

Fabulous, Good Luck, have a wonderful time - but NO you will not get to speak to the Royals, but of course you have a very good chance of seeing them at quite close quarters. If you were to approach any of them I think you'd soon find the way blocked by the bodyguard, and your feet may not touch the ground on the way our of the royal enclosure....!
Old 01-19-2009, 03:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Congratulations, weather permitting I'm sure you will have a wonderful time. You will have every opportunity to see members of the Royal Family and most do have a walk around the enclosure, but it is unlikely (although, not impossible), you will have the chance to speak to them and only then if they speak to you first or you are introduced by your ambassador.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:13 AM
Majesty

Great news. I am sure you will have a lot of fun planning your hat and dress, and even more fun on the day.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:23 AM
Nobility

It will be morning dress and top hat of course for the occasion. I will attend The Queen's Birthday Parade on Saturday 13 June as well. So I ordered the tailor to create two waistcoats, for Trooping the Colour a bit more formal in grey; and for Ascot a bit more flamboyant.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:25 AM
Nobility

I am sure that it is impossible to speak to The Queen, but as I saw on footage, I saw that The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall or more approachable; and The Duke of Edinburgh too. If you think of the five-part series on BBC, he picked someone out from the public and sent her straight to Her Majesty The Queen.
I think when you greet someone of the Royal Family and say good afternoon, or so, that perhaps they will be lickely to say something of make a short chat.
The Ascot secretary told me that a Royal Enclosure guest is allowed to make its way anywhere he wants: winner's enclosure, parade ring, ...
Old 01-20-2009, 06:16 AM

Have a wonderful day, I'm sure you'll get excellent views of The Queen and all the Royal Family, however you'll only get to speak if you happen to be lucky enough to be presented by your ambassador which is unlikely as Ascot is a racing affair unlike a Garden Party or other purely social event. The Queen may pass at close quarters and then you can bow as she passes and say a quick "Your Majesty" but don't try and instigate conversation which is very bad form,.

God Save The Queen!

Old 01-20-2009, 06:46 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElizabeth View Post
It will be morning dress and top hat of course for the occasion. I will attend The Queen's Birthday Parade on Saturday 13 June as well. So I ordered the tailor to create two waistcoats, for Trooping the Colour a bit more formal in grey; and for Ascot a bit more flamboyant.
Excellent, sounds great!
Old 01-20-2009, 01:02 PM
Courtier

I hope for the Troop you have a raincoat too - just in case it's one of those unluckily English weather days!
Old 01-21-2009, 05:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol View Post
however you'll only get to speak if you happen to be lucky enough to be presented by your ambassador which is unlikely as Ascot is a racing affair unlike a Garden Party or other purely social event.
I have to disagree here, Ascot is very much a social event. Many who attend, especially those with an invite to the Royal enclosure, are not there primarily for the racing.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:43 AM
Nobility

So, Skydragon, you think it may be possible then? It would be a wonderful and life-long souvenir!
Old 01-21-2009, 07:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElizabeth View Post
So, Skydragon, you think it may be possible then? It would be a wonderful and life-long souvenir!
To be honest, it is unlikely that you will get to meet/speak to HM, but most of the other Royals wander about the enclosure and have been known to talk to the visitors. You are able, of course to go into the winners enclosure and there, in the excitement of the win, all things are possible.

You will enjoy your day regardless, even if you only have the opportunity to see HM and other members of the Royal family. You might be one of the lucky ones!
Old 01-21-2009, 08:02 AM
Nobility

OK, thank for the help. It is my first time to Royal Ascot, but as I stated in a previous message. I am perfectly happy to see Her Majesty from close by, but as I think, it is easier to meet The Prince and Princess Michael or Princess Alexandra, even Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall. But I am happy to see The Queen, but would like to speak to the other members of the (minor) Royal Family. Hope that will be possible.

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of edinburgh, prince philip, queen elizabeth, queen elizabeth ii