The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
Is the Evening Standard considered a reputable paper? They could be in serious trouble now that the Palace has issued a denial.

I do hope the Prince isn't ill. HM needs him.
The Evening Standard is the evening edition of the Mail, so not exactly reliable, IMO.

It is a common problem that many older men in particular suffer from and as it is not prostate cancer, apparently it is treatable!

Prostate problems : Directgov - Over 50s

Old 08-06-2008, 06:26 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

This health story (or non-story) could turn out to have some very interesting implications for royal watchers; the Daily Telegraph is now reporting that Prince Philip has filed a complaint with the PCC.

Duke seeks privacy law for the Royal Family - Telegraph

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 08-06-2008, 07:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
The Evening Standard is the evening edition of the Mail, so not exactly reliable, IMO.

It is a common problem that many older men in particular suffer from and as it is not prostate cancer, apparently it is treatable!

Prostate problems : Directgov - Over 50s
Yes, but it's still terrible to say something like that when it's not true.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:38 PM
Majesty

I believe that the Royal Family should have more privacy and/or that the media shouldn't be able to make up stories out of thin air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
This health story (or non-story) could turn out to have some very interesting implications for royal watchers; the Daily Telegraph is now reporting that Prince Philip has filed a complaint with the PCC.

Duke seeks privacy law for the Royal Family - Telegraph
Old 08-07-2008, 12:51 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

I actually agree with you, Mermaid. Most of the royal stories that I'm interested in have to do with public events, like royal weddings, Trooping the Colour, Garter Day, and things like that. As long as the family continues to be visible at those kinds of events, I think most of us would be okay with personal information like their health and their sex lives staying private.

Of course, tabloid editors surely wouldn't share that opinion.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 08-07-2008, 02:16 AM
Royal Highness

Palace denies Duke cancer story
August 6

A newspaper report that the Duke of Edinburgh has had a diagnosis of prostate cancer has been denied by Buckingham Palace.

BBC NEWS | UK | Palace denies Duke cancer story
Old 08-07-2008, 05:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Duke of Edinburgh's attempt to ban the media from reporting on the private lives of the Royals means that in future, newspapers may be prevented from printing the sort of scoops which have for decades helped define our view of the first family.

Prince Philip gagging row: The Royal stories you would never have read - Telegraph

and

The fourth plinth in Trafalgar Square is being kept free for a statue of the Queen riding a horse to be commissioned after her death.

Is the fourth plinth being saved for the Queen? - Telegraph
Old 08-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
I actually agree with you, Mermaid. Most of the royal stories that I'm interested in have to do with public events, like royal weddings, Trooping the Colour, Garter Day, and things like that. As long as the family continues to be visible at those kinds of events, I think most of us would be okay with personal information like their health and their sex lives staying private.

Of course, tabloid editors surely wouldn't share that opinion.
To a point, it's a fine line. The people (and freaks like me!) really care about the BRF and would like to pray, wish well, etc. on the health of the BRF. But stories about non-existent illnesses are just wrong.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

I just hope these stories are false and the DoE is in fine health.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
I just hope these stories are false and the DoE is in fine health.
Well not fine health, he has had some wear and tear to the 80 something year old body but he's in jolly spirits and that's good!
Old 08-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
The fourth plinth in Trafalgar Square is being kept free for a statue of the Queen riding a horse to be commissioned after her death.

Is the fourth plinth being saved for the Queen? - Telegraph
From that article:

Quote:
The only statue of her in the UK is in Windsor Great Park and was produced by the Crown Estate to mark the Golden Jubilee.
I didn't realize that Canada has more statues of the Queen than the UK. I've seen two of them in Canada (in Regina and Ottawa). I don't know if there are any more.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Talking

Britain's royal family is going green with the queen's Scottish estate being patrolled by police on bicycles rather than in sports utility vehicles.

Queen goes green with bicycle bodyguards
Old 08-19-2008, 09:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Brae Watch??
Old 08-19-2008, 10:30 AM
Serene Highness

A terror cell caught with details of bomb-making and suicide vests may have been plotting to attack the Queen and members of the Royal family, it can be disclosed.

Islamic terror cell 'may have been plotting to attack Queen' - Telegraph
Old 08-19-2008, 08:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Britain's royal family is going green with the queen's Scottish estate being patrolled by police on bicycles rather than in sports utility vehicles.

Queen goes green with bicycle bodyguards
I would think they would go bio. diesel, Balmoral is vast, is it not? A long way to go on a bike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimebear
A terror cell caught with details of bomb-making and suicide vests may have been plotting to attack the Queen and members of the Royal family, it can be disclosed.

Islamic terror cell 'may have been plotting to attack Queen' - Telegraph
I am very glad they caught them!!
Old 08-22-2008, 09:21 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Reports on the latest guesstimates of the Queen's wealth have been moved to the Royal Finances thread.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:32 PM
Courtier

I wonder if anyone has told the Queen....sad thing is many people who read this outright daft article will believe it!!

Prince William may be crowned king
Old 08-26-2008, 06:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Some people will certainly want to. The sad thing is that if something like that happens, it's more likely to herald then end of the monarchy than if we go on with business as usual.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:02 AM
Majesty

Personally I hope that when the family are relaxing after the next big event, she raises the Gin & Dubonnet to Charles and William, toasts "the future King", sniggers (in a totally regal way as only a Queen can do) downs the lot and asks, nay demands a refill!

I'm sure Prince's Charles and William would happily raise their glasses to her, however, it is a bit of a worry about William . . . . . . . you see the latest polls show that Prince Harry is more popular that William, and you all know what that means. . . .
Old 08-27-2008, 03:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
. . . . . . . you see the latest polls show that Prince Harry is more popular that William, and you all know what that means. . . .
That's right! A royal wedding to boost William's popularity.

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii