The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 01:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
** Pic 3
Thank you for all the pictures iceflower, perhaps not the most stylish of dresses, but she still has that twinkle in her eye!
-------------------
This is the scene which has greeted foreign monarchs, presidents and prime ministers - the Buckingham Palace ballroom prepared for a state banquet.

From Tuesday, it will not be by invitation only as it becomes the latest part of the palace opened to the public for two months over the summer

The Queen puts her Royal banqueting rooms on the tourist menu at Buckingham Palace for the first time | Mail Online

Old 07-25-2008, 03:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
I add the first of the following pics from yesterday to my favourite pics of this
month
** Pic 1 **
This pic is so nice and funny! I wonder what she was saying!
Thanks for posting it Iceflower!

Old 07-25-2008, 11:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Thank you for all the pictures iceflower, perhaps not the most stylish of dresses, but she still has that twinkle in her eye!
Love the smile, love that hat but that dress has got to be re-interred in the deepest closet from whence it came.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:53 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Please no floaty coats and off-the-face hats with ostrich feathers, Ma'am, please! The Queen Mother seemed to always wear the same thing but in different patterns and colours.
Actually, the Queen Mother's clothes were pretty predictable colours, too...she never went too long without wearing another lavender or light blue.

I think the Queen always looks beautiful and elegant. She has lovely thick white hair that always looks immaculate...she looks the part of a Queen. And you can tell by the way the people who meet her look at her, that there's a lot of admiration and respect for her--and I think that's only going to grow as she gets older.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:10 PM
Aristocracy

Country Fair Proves A Draw (from Oxford Mail)

Duke of Edinburgh visiting the CLA Game Show at Blenhiem Palace 26/27 July 2008
Old 07-28-2008, 03:56 PM
Nobility

Goodness! It looks like the Prince has another black eye!
Old 07-29-2008, 07:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Fightin' with the Missus again. Tsk, tsk, sad thing that!
Actually, good to see him out and about after his serious illness!
Old 07-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Nobility

The Queen's got a good right eh?
Old 08-02-2008, 07:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Illegal Russian worker poured tea for Queen

An illegal Russian worker served as a Royal footman for almost two years, even though he had no proper work permit.

Illegal Russian worker poured tea for Queen - Telegraph
---------------------
Security seems to be getting worse, where HM is concerned!
Old 08-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Courtier

Anyone found any local coverage of HM officially arriving at Balmoral this year please? I can't find anything myself...Sometimes we get a picture or two of her being greeted as she moves in for the season....
Old 08-05-2008, 08:50 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think so Gill. I have been looking for that too, but unfortunately there are nothing coming up at all. And according to one of the Message Board, HM has already moved up like about a week or so already.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 08-06-2008, 07:53 AM
Aristocracy

Prince Philip's PCC complaint following media reports that he has cancer, August 2008

This report has just come through on my email .....Prince Philip has prostate cancer

AdelaideNow... Prince Philip has cancer - report
Old 08-06-2008, 08:01 AM
Courtier

Here's something about it from the DM: Philip in cancer scare: Prince, 87, is diagnosed with prostate condition after hospital test | Mail Online and Telegraph: Prince Philip in prostate cancer scare - Telegraph
Old 08-06-2008, 08:04 AM
Aristocracy

Thanks for that
Old 08-06-2008, 08:46 AM

Here's Yahoo's take on the story

Palace quiet on Duke 'cancer' scare - Yahoo! News UK

God Save The Queen!

Old 08-06-2008, 09:53 AM
Gentry

I hope he's okay. HM and his life is stressful enough, IMO they really don't need this, though I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
So long and goodnight...
Old 08-06-2008, 10:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Buckingham Palace said today that it would be complaining to the press watchdog over a report that claimed the Duke of Edinburgh had been diagnosed with prostate cancer...........Buckingham Palace today broke its policy of refusing to comment on the Royal Family's health matters to release a statement denying that he had been diagnosed with the condition.
Palace will complain to press watchdog over claim that Prince Philip has prostate cancer - Times Online
Old 08-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

And here is the denial -
Quote:
"The Duke of Edinburgh has authorised us to confirm that the claim made by the Evening Standard that he has received a 'diagnosis of prostate cancer' is untrue," the statement said
Old 08-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Courtier

I know HM was already staying on the estate, although not in the Castle, when I was there on 27th July, but we were told that she would move into the "big house" on Friday 1st August, with the "usual ceremonies". But maybe the local press just didn't bother to cover it. Shame , as we get a few nice pictures normally. Thanks for looking....
Old 08-06-2008, 04:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
And here is the denial -

Is the Evening Standard considered a reputable paper? They could be in serious trouble now that the Palace has issued a denial.

I do hope the Prince isn't ill. HM needs him.

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii