The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 06:32 PM
Majesty

That was an impressive display of skills by RAF. There is something extra heroic about fighter pilots... Her Majesty looked great and hopefully enjoyed the fly-past.

Old 07-12-2008, 06:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

That little girl curtsying was so cute.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 07-15-2008, 07:13 AM
Administrator

Pics 14.7.208

The Queen and Prince Philip at a reception for winners of the
Queen's Award for Enterprise at a Buckingham Palace ceremony
in London, July 14, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 07-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh nice! I like the mint green! It gives her a completely different look, almost Kitty Carlileish. . .
Old 07-15-2008, 11:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Oh nice! I like the mint green! It gives her a completely different look, almost Kitty Carlileish. . .
Now that's a real flash back moment.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:28 AM
Administrator

Pic 15.7.2008

Queen Elizabeth II receives the Governor General of the
Solomon Islands Sir Nathanial Waena at Buckingham Palace,
London, July 15, 2008 ----> Pic
Old 07-16-2008, 09:28 AM
Majesty

Is it just me, or do others also think that the Queen is increasingly dressing like the Queen Mother? The dress she is wearing to receive the GG of Solomon Is could have been taken directly from the QMs wardrobe!
Old 07-16-2008, 10:35 AM
Nobility

no , i agree with you , i have the same notification , mybe she like her mother style!!
like mother like daugther !!!!
Old 07-17-2008, 10:42 AM
Courtier

Unseen footage of the Queen as a young girl in new BBC documentary - Telegraph
Old 07-17-2008, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Pics 16.+17.7.2008

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II receives the President of Nigeria
Umaru Yar Adua at Buckingham Palace, London - 16 Jul

This time in a very impressive red :
** Pic 1** Pic 2 **

Queen Elizabeth II meets with His Excellency Mr Yuri Thamrin
the new Ambassador of Indonesia and with His Excellency Mr
Erkin Kasymov the new Ambassador of Tajikistanat at Buckingham
Palace in London - 17 Jul 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 07-17-2008, 08:24 PM
Courtier

see video of young Elizabeth...

BBC NEWS | UK | Early footage of Queen discovered
Old 07-19-2008, 11:51 PM
Majesty

Please no floaty coats and off-the-face hats with ostrich feathers, Ma'am, please! The Queen Mother seemed to always wear the same thing but in different patterns and colours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Is it just me, or do others also think that the Queen is increasingly dressing like the Queen Mother? The dress she is wearing to receive the GG of Solomon Is could have been taken directly from the QMs wardrobe!
Old 07-22-2008, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Pics 22.7.2008

Queen Elizabeth II receives Bulgaa Altangerel the Ambassador of
Mongolia and Shin Ebihara the Ambassador of Japan at Buckingham
Palace in London, July 22, 2008 - the first pic has something funny
as to the similar body language

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 07-22-2008, 02:57 PM
Aristocracy

LOL I see exactly what you mean LOL
Old 07-24-2008, 06:00 AM
Majesty

The red dress looks lovely on HM. It would be great to see her wear dresses (as opposed to the usual coats/hats) in such bold colours
Old 07-24-2008, 10:43 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Not me, but mine is a man's impression. If I had to analyze it, I think she might have her occasional "Mummy" days which are a throwback in style and color to all those awful pastels she used to have to wear when QM was alive. So if she still reverts occasionally to those, maybe it's a bad habit born of something she had to endure for too many years of color coordinating with her mother and sister. Plus, does she use just the same old designer Hartnell that inflicted all that on her and the world? She looks a hundred times better IMO since the passing of the QM and her sister, a lot of interesting and may I say surprisingly "au courant" designs and stylings for a lady in her golden years. And she smiles all along with it, which makes a nice match at any age.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I see what you mean in this pic! But, IMO, she has been dressing much better in recent years. The tailored, classic look combined with larger hats is much more flattering than the old fussy florals, especially for a full figured lady. I love the use of new color combinations and textures. I think she looks better than she ever did. Maybe Anne could borrow HM's fashion advisor.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:07 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon View Post
Not me, but mine is a man's impression. If I had to analyze it, I think she might have her occasional "Mummy" days which are a throwback in style and color to all those awful pastels she used to have to wear when QM was alive. So if she still reverts occasionally to those, maybe it's a bad habit born of something she had to endure for too many years of color coordinating with her mother and sister.
I agree, she has evolved a great new stlye, but let's face it, old habits are hard to break, and I put the Queen's occassional lapse into de ja vous down to her infamous habit of economy. Yes those dresses have years of wear left in them, but I suspect (on the QT) that they are left in the back of the closet by choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandson
Plus, does she use just the same old designer Hartnell that inflicted all that on her and the world?
I don't know, but I hope not,
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon
She looks a hundred times better IMO since the passing of the QM and her sister, a lot of interesting and may I say surprisingly "au courant" designs and stylings for a lady in her golden years. And she smiles all along with it, which makes a nice match at any age.
I absolutely agree, she does look so much better these days. I don't think we can underestimate the infulence of "Mummy" because, unlike almost everyone else in the Western World, QEII never left home.

But these days she looks radiant. I especially love her "White Gala Dresses" she wears to highlight her wonderful collection of Jewelry, of which I might add, we are also seeing much, much more of since the death of the Queen Mother.

Love her style, love her smile.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Pics from Mediumphoto
Queen Elizabeth II accompanied by the Director of the Royal Collection Sir Hugh Roberts views the Summer Opening exhibition at Buckingham Palace London The Ballroom has been arranged so that visitors can experience a real State Banquet, 24 July 2008.
MediumPhoto
Old 07-25-2008, 12:46 PM
Administrator

Pics 24.7.2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
LOL I see exactly what you mean LOL
I add the first of the following pics from yesterday to my favourite pics of this
month

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II accompanied by the Archbishop of Canterbury
Dr Rowan Williams meets invited guests at a garden party held at Buckingham
Palace in central London, July 24, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

And thanks for the link, giov, nice to see the Queen's inspection

Tags
duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii