Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 18: May-October 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so Gill. I have been looking for that too, but unfortunately there are nothing coming up at all. And according to one of the Message Board, HM has already moved up like about a week or so already.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope he's okay. HM and his life is stressful enough, IMO they really don't need this, though I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I know HM was already staying on the estate, although not in the Castle, when I was there on 27th July, but we were told that she would move into the "big house" on Friday 1st August, with the "usual ceremonies". But maybe the local press just didn't bother to cover it. Shame , as we get a few nice pictures normally. Thanks for looking....

And here is the denial -

Is the Evening Standard considered a reputable paper? They could be in serious trouble now that the Palace has issued a denial.

I do hope the Prince isn't ill. HM needs him.

Is the Evening Standard considered a reputable paper? They could be in serious trouble now that the Palace has issued a denial.

I do hope the Prince isn't ill. HM needs him.
The Evening Standard is the evening edition of the Mail, so not exactly reliable, IMO.

It is a common problem that many older men in particular suffer from and as it is not prostate cancer, apparently it is treatable! :flowers:

Prostate problems : Directgov - Over 50s

I actually agree with you, Mermaid. Most of the royal stories that I'm interested in have to do with public events, like royal weddings, Trooping the Colour, Garter Day, and things like that. As long as the family continues to be visible at those kinds of events, I think most of us would be okay with personal information like their health and their sex lives staying private.

Of course, tabloid editors surely wouldn't share that opinion. ;)

The Duke of Edinburgh's attempt to ban the media from reporting on the private lives of the Royals means that in future, newspapers may be prevented from printing the sort of scoops which have for decades helped define our view of the first family.

Prince Philip gagging row: The Royal stories you would never have read - Telegraph

and

The fourth plinth in Trafalgar Square is being kept free for a statue of the Queen riding a horse to be commissioned after her death.

Is the fourth plinth being saved for the Queen? - Telegraph

I actually agree with you, Mermaid. Most of the royal stories that I'm interested in have to do with public events, like royal weddings, Trooping the Colour, Garter Day, and things like that. As long as the family continues to be visible at those kinds of events, I think most of us would be okay with personal information like their health and their sex lives staying private.

Of course, tabloid editors surely wouldn't share that opinion. ;)
To a point, it's a fine line. The people (and freaks like me!) really care about the BRF and would like to pray, wish well, etc. on the health of the BRF. But stories about non-existent illnesses are just wrong.

I just hope these stories are false and the DoE is in fine health.

I just hope these stories are false and the DoE is in fine health.
Well not fine health, he has had some wear and tear to the 80 something year old body but he's in jolly spirits and that's good!

The fourth plinth in Trafalgar Square is being kept free for a statue of the Queen riding a horse to be commissioned after her death.

Is the fourth plinth being saved for the Queen? - Telegraph

From that article:

The only statue of her in the UK is in Windsor Great Park and was produced by the Crown Estate to mark the Golden Jubilee.

I didn't realize that Canada has more statues of the Queen than the UK. I've seen two of them in Canada (in Regina and Ottawa). I don't know if there are any more.

Brae Watch?? :whistling:

Britain's royal family is going green with the queen's Scottish estate being patrolled by police on bicycles rather than in sports utility vehicles.

Queen goes green with bicycle bodyguards
I would think they would go bio. diesel, Balmoral is vast, is it not? A long way to go on a bike!

Kimebear said:
A terror cell caught with details of bomb-making and suicide vests may have been plotting to attack the Queen and members of the Royal family, it can be disclosed.

Islamic terror cell 'may have been plotting to attack Queen' - Telegraph

I am very glad they caught them!!

Reports on the latest guesstimates of the Queen's wealth have been moved to the Royal Finances thread.

Some people will certainly want to. The sad thing is that if something like that happens, it's more likely to herald then end of the monarchy than if we go on with business as usual.

Personally I hope that when the family are relaxing after the next big event, she raises the Gin & Dubonnet to Charles and William, toasts "the future King", sniggers (in a totally regal way as only a Queen can do) downs the lot and asks, nay demands a refill! :D

I'm sure Prince's Charles and William would happily raise their glasses to her, however, it is a bit of a worry about William . . . . . . . you see the latest polls show that Prince Harry is more popular that William, and you all know what that means. . . . :whistling: :ermm: :lol: :ROFLMAO:

. . . . . . . you see the latest polls show that Prince Harry is more popular that William, and you all know what that means. . . . :whistling: :ermm: :lol: :ROFLMAO:

That's right! A royal wedding to boost William's popularity.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom