The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Well I thought the Queen looked a bit cranky. Leibowitz had the attitude of the stereotypical abrasive New Yorker which made the situation look like oil and water.

But it all worked out in the end; the two women came up with an incredible photograph.

I still would have liked to see the Queen on a horse; not in Buckingham Palace of course. A nice paddock would have been fine. The Queen looked remarkable when she was still riding at the Trooping of the Color.

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 09-14-2008, 11:51 PM
Majesty

What's One to do? Invite One's grandsons over?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post

Old 09-15-2008, 12:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
What's One to do? Invite One's grandsons over?
But we must also include their mates. I don't think 2,000 pints would last very long.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:16 PM
Aristocracy

I don't believe this was posted. If it was, I apologize for re-posting.

Unseen royal footage found
Old 09-27-2008, 03:17 PM
Gentry

I think that this video is beautiful! It's rare to see Queen Elizabeth in cuddly and maternal poses...
Old 09-29-2008, 04:10 AM
Gentry

Adorable! I think they should find more unseen royal footage.... ;-)
Old 09-29-2008, 06:43 AM
Gentry

Yes very adorable. I Hope there found more unknown picture and films. And the queen as caring Mother. I think she is.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

It is harvest time on the Queen's Sandringham estate and workers are gathering apples from the 65-acre orchards on the royal fruit farm.

Royal Orchards: Harvest Time At The Queen's Sandringham Estate | UK News | Sky News
Old 09-29-2008, 06:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

when does she go before Parliment?
Old 09-29-2008, 07:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
It is harvest time on the Queen's Sandringham estate and workers are gathering apples from the 65-acre orchards on the royal fruit farm.

Royal Orchards: Harvest Time At The Queen's Sandringham Estate | UK News | Sky News
So they sell a lot of the juice? Do they keep the apples for use at Buckingham Palace? Does HM have other things she does like this? I am wondering because all of the properties she has, all the state dinners and feeding the staff, do they do a lot of that in house, so to speak? To cut costs?
Old 09-29-2008, 10:13 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan View Post
when does she go before Parliment?
December 3rd
Old 09-29-2008, 10:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Russo, according to one of the royal documentaries, Prince Philip said that they don't use the produce at Windsor in the house as a rule because they have such a variable number of people there depending on whether there's a state visit or some other visit or if it's just the family. So it's easier to use caterers for large functions, although I assume they do use home-grown produce when it's just the family in residence.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
Russo, according to one of the royal documentaries, Prince Philip said that they don't use the produce at Windsor in the house as a rule because they have such a variable number of people there depending on whether there's a state visit or some other visit or if it's just the family. So it's easier to use caterers for large functions, although I assume they do use home-grown produce when it's just the family in residence.
Okay, cool. Thanks for the info.!
Home-grown tastes better anyway!
Old 10-02-2008, 06:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

THE Queen is to spend 7million on her own private jet the first of her 50-year reign.

Her Majesty, who currently shares the use of VIP flights with Government ministers and military chiefs, has taken a close personal interest in the new jets design

Air Force One | Queen to buy 7m private jet | The Sun |News|Royals

Recession, what recession?
Old 10-02-2008, 08:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
THE Queen is to spend 7million on her own private jet the first of her 50-year reign.

Her Majesty, who currently shares the use of VIP flights with Government ministers and military chiefs, has taken a close personal interest in the new jets design

Air Force One | Queen to buy 7m private jet | The Sun |News|Royals

Recession, what recession?
You know, that's not a bad idea, though what with Prince Andrew gallivanting around the country. . .
Old 10-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Majesty

I think it makes sense that the Queen should have her own plane. It is definitely a cost effective move. If it is indeed going to cost 7 million pounds all up plus the cost of maintaining it then it is definitely an improvement on 5.5 million per year charter etc.

It will have paid for itself in less than 2 years!
Old 10-03-2008, 04:31 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I think it makes sense that the Queen should have her own plane. It is definitely a cost effective move. If it is indeed going to cost 7 million pounds all up plus the cost of maintaining it then it is definitely an improvement on 5.5 million per year charter etc.

It will have paid for itself in less than 2 years!
HM is suitably PR savvy (and frugal!) to note that in these recesssioanry times, it would be difficult to sell the idea of a private plane - but I have no doubt the economics would have swung the decision. The plane should pay for itself in a relatively short time.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:03 PM
Courtier

Queen Elizabeth to visit Google

I've been really wondering about how it will go?
Will Larry and Sergy, founders, get a knighthood?
Will there be a Royal Warrant for the supply of Iphones?
Will the staff wear their usual attire of jeans and t shirts on the big day?
Does HM 'google'?
I hope there is some good press coverage and photos for the visit.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:13 AM
Nobility

The Queen hands the Letters of Credence of the Lebanese Ambassador, right, to Sir Peter Ricketts, Permanent Under-Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, during an audience at Buckingham Palace, 9 October 2008.
http://://www.royal.gov.uk/files/Gal...on%20large.jpg
The Hon. Pierre Duchesne, is received by The Queen at Buckingham Palace, 9 October 2008.
http://The Hon. Pierre Duchesne, is ... October 2008.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Pics 10.10.2008

The Queen during an Investiture ceremony at Buckingham
Palace London, October 10, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Tags
duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii